Ice Cream

Breakfast

It was around 8:00 P.M. after the two boys had their little accident at the skating rink and Jongdae led Minseok to the ice cream parlor across the street, just as he promised he would. They walked in to find the place completely empty except for the one person who was working the shop.

“Hello, can I help you?” A bored looking teenager asked from behind the rows of ice cream on display. His name was apparently Sehun.

“Yes,” Minseok said, stepping forwards. “Can I get one serving of the most expensive thing you sell here?”

Jongdae’s eyes flew wide open at this statement and he began to blabber incoherently, dumbfounded by Minseok’s bluntness.

“Sure,” Sehun simply replied. Jongdae looked like he was going to cry. “You want the banana split sundae?”

“Most definitely.”

“Okay, that will be 16,000 won.”

The orange haired boy turned to Jongdae who was now slumped over, covering his face and ready to shed tears.

“Minseok,” Jongdae groaned in distress. “Why must you do this to me?” He then proceeded to sob into his hands.

“Boo-hoo,” Minseok mocked the other. “At least you’re not bleeding out of your face,” He scowled, pointing to the band-aid where the very ungraceful roller skater cut him.

Jongdae whimpered and shot a puppy-eyed look in the other’s direction. Minseok, however, remained unfazed by the raven haired boy’s attempts to recieve some form of sympathy and he sighed in defeat.

Sehun cleared his throat, urging them to hurry up, and Minseok rolled his eyes as Jongdae slowly took out the last bit of cash he had left in his wallet. “Why,” He whimpered softly.

The cold-blooded orange haired boy quickly snatched up the money and handed it to Sehun. The bored looking cashier then quickly put in the order, without Jongdae’s consent, and walked away to make the sundae.

“You’re all heartless people,” Jongdae cried.

“Yeah, yeah.”

A few minutes later, Sehun came back with Minseok’s sundae and asked, “You just want one spoon right?”

“Yes—”

“NO!” Jongdae interjected.

Sehun completely ignored the other and handed Minseok one spoon. “Have a nice day.”

“Thanks,” The orange haired boy smiled. “You too!”

The pair walked over to the tables and sat down so Jongdae could watch as Minseok devoured the tower of ice cream before him. The boy was still quite sad over the fact that he didn’t get to have any of the delicious looking treat that HE paid for, but getting to watch Minseok eat was an entirely better experience.

All the sadness in Jongdae’s heart melted away and he had instantly forgiven the boy for draining his wallet of all its money. Minseok looked like he was having the time of his life, efficiently eating away every last bit of the desert. Jongdae exhaled softly and smiled, remembering why he hadn’t given up on earning Minseok's trust yet.

Not only was the orange haired boy the cutest thing in the world, but he also was the most intriguing. Minseok had built high walls around himself over the years and Jongdae was very curious as to what the real Minseok was like when he could eventually tear them down. The raven haired boy had only cracked the surface today during their little roller skating event, but Minseok was quick to patch the hole back up when he got hurt, leaving Jongdae back to where he started. At least the boy was comfortable enough around him so Jongdae still had a chance at getting to know the other. It was hard work but he knew it was going to be worth it in the end.

“So are you guys, like, a thing?” Someone suddenly said, snapping Jongdae out of his trance.

It was Sehun holding a broom.

“NO!” Minseok nearly screamed. “That’s ridiculous.”

“Ouch,” Jongdae jokingly pouted. “I bought you ice cream, be nice.”

The orange haired boy rolled his eyes at the other and shoved an entire spoonful of the desert down his throat mockingly. Jongdae pouted harder.

“So are you guys friends then?” Sehun asked, casually sitting down with the pair. “This one over here seems to be trapped in the friend-zone,” He stated blandly, gesturing towards Jongdae.

Jongdae scowled.

“No,” Minseok said, eating some more of his ice cream. “He’s just an acquaintance.”

“Ouch,” Sehun said, facial expression never changing. “Acquaintance-zoned.”

Jongdae frowned at the boy. “Why are you even talking to us?” He asked harshly .

“You were ogling at ice cream boy over here and I thought it’d be entertaining to intervene,” Sehun explained bluntly. “And it was.”

Jongdae quirked an eyebrow and Minseok immediately flushed completely red.

"Well, who wouldn't? Isn't he adorable?" The raven haired boy asked, gesturing towards Minseok and smiling.

Minseok had a heart attack. “I—Jongdae—You—Why—…Bathroom,” The boy choked out, face turning three shades darker as he ran to the other side of the parlor.

Jongdae watched the boy leave and shrugged to himself. ‘At least he didn’t break any silverware this time.’ He thought to himself as he grabbed Minseok’s spoon and began to eat out of the sundae.

“How peculiar,” Sehun spoke up.

“What?” Jongdae asked, eating up the last of the sundae.

“Either shorty is insanely shy, or he’s got a little crush on you too.”

Jongdae raised an eyebrow. “How can you tell?”

Sehun turned to the other, straight faced, and replied, “I read something like this in a shoujo manga once. So you see…”

Jongdae then groaned inwardly and shoved his face into his hands as the little weeaboo spoke of his romantic, girly Japanese comic books.

 

---

 

Inside the bathroom, Minseok was trying to calm the tornado of emotions he was feeling inside of him.

“God, I wish he’d stop pulling like this,” The boy said to himself. He pouted at himself in the mirror and poked at his cheeks.

There wasn’t really anything impressive about Minseok, so why did Jongdae keep persisting with him? Jongdae was either out of his mind or just trying to be nice. He didn’t really mean all of that. Someone had obviously told the other that maybe Minseok needed more friends, or he needed to get out more often. This was all too good to be true. It made the orange haired boy suspicious. He wasn’t worth anyone’s attention and he needed to stop getting so worked up over whatever Jongdae was doing because it didn’t even matter.

Minseok’s heart lurched and he took a shaky breath.

“Nothing he says is true,” Minseok reminded himself as he stared into the mirror. This made the boy calm down, but left a sting in his chest. It was so hard to control his emotions when Jongdae tried so hard to mess with them. Minseok needed to keep himself together but Jongdae was pulling him apart. What was this for?

 

---

 

“So this Minseok guy you’re hanging out with,” Sehun started. “You want to get closer with him?”

“Yes.” Jongdae sighed. He couldn’t believe he was asking this high-schooler how to score a date with Minseok. Apparently the kid had a boyfriend or something so asking him was hopefully worth a shot.

“Well he seems to be very shy,” Sehun said thoughtfully. “You should try doing a one-on-one thing with him like in this manga I read called—”

“Sehun, I don’t care about whatever dumb manga you read.”

“…Oh”

“Just tell me what I have to do.”

“Right,” Sehun nodded. “Try renting some movies and watching them with him or something. That’s pretty calming. You could easily strike up conversations with him that way too.”

“Eh,” Jongdae shrugged. “I guess I could do that.”

“You should.”

 “You know, you’re not that horrible of a person.”

“I try.”

Just then, Minseok quickly walked out of the bathroom and looked into his sundae, ready to eat the rest of the treat. However, it was all gone. “Jongdae, did you—”

“Maybe,” The raven haired boy smiled as the other fumed.

“Jongdae I swear to god I will stab you straight down the eye with this spoon—”

“You know in the animes, when two people share the same spoon they get really worked up about it.” Sehun stated. Jongdae groaned loudly and smacked his face against the table.

“Why?” Minseok asked, blinking in confusion.

“Because it’s an indirect kiss.”

The orange haired boy’s eyes widened and his face instantly heated up. Jongdae shot up and grinned. "Oh really? That's actually very interesting, Sehun."

“Give me money for the bus ride home, now,” Minseok commanded. He felt like he was about to lose it.

 

 

 

A/N: Ahhh this was just kinda a really ty chapter I made when I had like… no ideas :’D I just kinda wanted to get their feelings across since I failed to do that with the other chapters bUT WHOOP! AT LEAST I DID THE THING RIGHT?? :’DD (wow these two idiots are lame... and xiumin is overly oblivious i almost feel bad) Whatever so we can move onto the fun stuff now.

Also! I added a little poll thing and it’d be radical if u guys answered *u* I just want to know if you’re okay with these pairings… but if you guys aren’t then that’s cool too B-)) I dont know when I'll be adding them in... but I just wanted to know if it'd be okay with u guys :'D