Final

Breakfast

Two years later…

 

The morning sun painted the white walls in a warm shade of yellow, hitting every crevice of the small room. Minseok fluttered his tired eyes open and looked around hazily. The room was unfamiliar to him but the smell and the aura made him feel at home. Some of the stuff scattered about the area he recognized, while others not so much.

The boy didn’t have much time to think anything else through before an arm lazily swung around his torso and tugged him over to the opposite side of the bed. Blushing madly, Minseok was now face to face with a smiling Jongdae.

“Good morning,” He croaked, sleepiness weakening his voice.

“H-Hi,” Minseok whispered, biting his lip and unsuccessfully trying to break eye contact.

Jongdae laughed airily and held the other close to his chest, nuzzling his nose into Minseok’s fluffy, orange hair. The other boy sheepishly began to play with the creases in Jongdae’s white shirt and contently listened to the soft beating of his heart. They stayed like that for a while, both still trying to wake up, and breathed in each other’s scents. Jongdae slowly began to drift back into slumber, sleepily running his fingers through the other’s locks, and Minseok scooted in closer, mindlessly running his fingers along the exposed skin on Jongdae’s collarbones.

Only yesterday, Minseok had moved into Jongdae’s house after two years of dating. The other had suggested it, actually hinting at it for a while, and Minseok finally couldn’t refuse. Over the years, Jongdae had figured out all of his weak spots and he knew various ways of getting into his heart. It was almost impossible for Minseok to say no to anything Jongdae wanted these days.

Just last year, Jongdae had completed college and now worked full time at the exploratorium, skillfully climbing up to one of the highest positions running the observatory. Minseok too had upgraded to opening up his own café with some of his savings and, of course, with the help of Jongdae’s wallet. There his friends, Luhan, Sehun, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Zitao, Jongin, and Kyungsoo worked part time since they all needed a little extra money for college. Plus, Minseok was the best boss ever. Everything these days seemed to be just perfect.

“Jongdae,” Minseok whispered softly.

“Hm?” He grunted, half awake.

“Don’t you have work today? It’s Friday.”

“No,” Jongdae smiled, “I requested for a vacation day off.” He held Minseok closer to him, securely wrapping both arms around his smaller frame.

“Huh? Why?” He asked, curiously prodding at Jongdae’s jaw in hopes to wake the poor boy up faster.

“It’s our two year anniversary,” The raven haired boy said, “You were the one that reminded me.”

Minseok gaped and softly hit Jongdae on the arm, “Yeah, but you didn’t have to take the entire day off.”

“I wanted to,” He smiled.

Minseok bit his lip shyly and buried his face into the gap between Jongdae’s neck, embarrassed. “You’re dumb,” He mumbled, jabbing him in the stomach. Jongdae’s chest rumbled in soft laughter and he kissed the top of Minseok’s head.

“Yeah, yeah. But you know I love you,” Jongdae cooed. He could feel the other begin to shrink in on himself.

Minseok grumbled and muttered a very incomprehensible response.

Jongdae chuckled. “What? I can’t hear you.”

Minseok whined and continued to jab the other in the stomach.

“You need to say it louder or I’ll sleep here for the rest of the day!”

As appealing as that secretly sounded to Minseok, he ultimately decided to give up and loudly stated, “I love you too.”

Immediately after, Jongdae managed to pull Minseok onto his chest and kissed him square on the lips. The orange haired boy yelped in surprise but slowly gave in, curling his fingers into Jongdae’s shirt.

Kissing Jongdae had always been as breathtaking as the first time. Minseok’s breath hitched in his throat as thin lips tenderly moved against his plump ones. Jongdae slid his fingers up to cup Minseok’s cheek and trace along the underside of his chin, nipping softly at his bottom lip. Minseok shuddered, mind drawing numb, and allowed Jongdae to deepen the kiss.

When the two had parted, the orange haired boy flushed a deep shade of pink and Jongdae smiled his dumb cat-like grin. They sat in silence and the shorter rested his head on Jongdae's chest.

“You have morning breath,” Minseok muttered, trying to bite back a smile.

“So do you,” Jongdae laughed.

“I think we should get dressed.”

“Yeah, probably.”

Minseok rolled off of Jongdae and stepped carefully off the bed, heading towards the kitchen while Jongdae made his way into the bathroom to change. The orange haired boy stumbled around until he found his cellphone charging next to the other’s, both of their Rilakkuma charms perfectly tangled together. Minseok chewed back a smile and began to dial in a number he knew all too well.

“Hello, how may I help you?” Baekhyun chimed into the phone from his café.

“Hey, Baekhyun, I can’t make it in today,” Minseok said.

“Minseok?” The boy asked before chuckling, “Why not? You aren’t limping are you?”

“What?”

“You moved in with Jongdae, right? Did you guys do it yet?”

It took a while before everything clicked. “OH MY GOD, Baekhyun, no,” Minseok shrieked, bashing his face into his hand. “We just stayed up all night unpacking and it’s our anniversary today so-”

“Anniversary? So you guys did do it? Or are you planning to?”

“Baekhyun shut the up, no one is doing anything in this house,” Minseok growled. “As a matter of fact, we’re probably just going to go out and do something.”

There was a moment before Baekhyun replied. “?”

God, just put Sehun on the phone.”

The boy listened to shuffling from the other side of the line until a nasally voice spoke up. “Minseok?”

“Yes, hi. I’m not going to be in the café today so just try to keep things in order until Luhan comes back from his classes,” Minseok explained. Luhan was appointed co-manager since they had worked together for a long time. Studying to get a master’s degree had too knocked some maturity into the young Chinese boy as well. “Oh, and if you can, please make sure Baekhyun and Chanyeol don’t make out in front of the customers.”

There was a pause before Sehun answered, “So… should I stop them right now?”

Minseok gurgled and sighed loudly. “Just put them in the kitchen where no one can see them. You can run everything up front, right?”

“Yeah,” Sehun said. “Kyungsoo came in early today too.”

“That’s good,” Minseok stated, rubbing his temples. “Just make sure the café doesn’t burn down or something, I have to go now.”

“Okay, I will,” Sehun replied. “Bye.”

“Bye.”

Minseok hung up and groaned in distress but that all washed away when Jongdae popped up behind him, curling his arms around the shorter’s stomach. He rocked him from side to side, resting his head on Minseok’s shoulder and asked, “What’s wrong?”

“Everyone I know is a ,” He sighed.

“Even me?”

“Even you,” Minseok replied sincerely.

Jongdae pouted and squeezed the other’s sides, making him yelp and jump up in shock. But before the boy could come up with a counterattack, Jongdae walked away and declared, “I want to take you out today.”

“Where?”

“Everywhere,” Jongdae smiled.

Minseok rolled his eyes. “Really?”

“One day I will,” He replied, “But today we’ll go to one place.”

“What place?” Minseok asked curiously.

“You’ll have to wait and see,” Jongdae smiled like he was up to something before pulling out the keys to his motorcycle, spinning them around his index finger.

“Oh god,” The orange haired boy groaned.

“I promise I won’t try to kill us.”

“It worries me that you actually have to say that every time we get on your bike,” Minseok said blandly. Jongdae laughed and tugged the wary boy along to the garage.

The raven haired boy slid on his helmet and tossed Minseok his before mounting onto the motorcycle. Minseok tugged on his helmet as well and carefully situated himself behind the other, wrapping his arms securely around his waist. Like the terrible person Jongdae was, the boy revved up the motorcycle and lightly pressed on the gas. Minseok screeched and clutched tighter onto the other as if his life depended on it.

“YOU ,” Minseok yelled, clinging onto Jongdae who only laughed in response. Then the two were speeding off onto the road.

The ride was quiet for the both of them, considering the motorcycle made too much noise for them to even try to carry a conversation, but Minseok found it pleasant. There wasn’t an air of awkwardness and Jongdae actually drove pretty sanely. It was comforting.

After a few minutes, Jongdae pulled over in front of a diner that Minseok could easily name.

“IHOP?” Minseok snickered. “Your brilliant plan to spend our anniversary is to eat breakfast at IHOP?”

Jongdae laughed. “It’s a nostalgic thing to start our day with. And besides, breakfast is the most important meal, right?”

Minseok shrugged. “I suppose,” He replied, grinning.

The couple walked into the small diner and waited to be seated. Minseok looked around and nothing had really changed since the last time he worked there. It was very heartwarming and he felt at home, strangely enough. The boy had nearly spent five years working at this very IHOP.

Soon, the boys were quickly seated and ordered drinks.

“What else were we going to do today?” Minseok asked, sipping from a mug of mocha coffee. He then turned his attention to the menu placed in front of him and began to skim the familiar items.

Jongdae hummed and replied, “We’ll have to decide after we eat.”

Minseok quirked an eyebrow at the other who then returned the gesture with a simple shrug. The orange haired boy rolled his eyes jokingly before returning back to reading over the menu.

Jongdae smiled to himself and gazed dreamily at Minseok, who was absentmindedly reading over the menu. He could never get tired of looking at the other. There was something to him that made Jongdae’s heart flutter every single time. The sun shining in through the window to their left hit the tips of Minseok’s eyelashes and beautifully lit up his entire figure, melting Jongdae’s heart. The light softly reflected against the boy’s warm, orange locks, creating almost a halo around his head. Jongdae felt like the luckiest guy on earth. The only thing he ever wanted to do these days was shower to the other with the most amount of love he could provide.

With this wonderful idea in mind, Jongdae grinned and carefully propped up his menu to face the rest of the diner before whispering to get Minseok’s attention.

“What?” The boy asked, confused, as Jongdae wiggled his finger, gesturing for Minseok to come closer behind the menu with him. Minseok warily did so and repeated, “What is it?”

Quickly, Jongdae leaned up closer to the other, pressing his lips against Minseok’s, and the boy yelped in surprise. Jongdae smiled against Minseok’s mouth, pleased by the reaction he got from the other, and continued to kiss him contently until Minseok fluttered his eyes closed and returned the gesture.

“Ahem,” A waiter said, causing the orange haired boy to flinch back and pull away from the other. Jongdae pouted.

“O-Oh, hi Kris,” Minseok stuttered. “Wow you still work here?”

Kris, the manager of the IHOP, blandly replied, “Yes, in fact. As you can see, unfortunately, my degree in art in this economy won’t get me anywhere and I’m stuck in the fast food industry until I die forgotten, alone, and in poverty.”

Minseok nodded dryly and Jongdae tried not to laugh like an .

“Anyways, can I take your order?” Kris asked.

“Yeah, I’d like the blueberry pancakes,” Minseok said.

“And I’ll take some French toast and eggs,” Jongdae added.

The waiter nodded and scribbled it down before taking the menus and tucking them under his arm. “And stop face,” Kris said, “You’re making the customers uncomfortable. You two remind me that I’m still single.”

Kris left the pair in an awkward silence. Jongdae cleared his throat and shuffled around in his seat.

“Well,” the raven haired boy began.

“I feel bad for Kris,” Minseok frowned.

“Don’t be,” Jongdae said, “I feel like in an alternate universe, he’s done something terrible and he deserves to be this way.”

“What.”

“It’s just a hunch.”

Minseok shrugged and said, “You’re a weirdo.”

Jongdae laughed. “You like it.”

“That’s debatable.”

The couple laughed and talked leisurely before drawing into a comfortable silence. Jongdae sipped his coffee and stared out the window as Minseok bashfully admired him, unnoticed for the time being. The two of them had been through a lot over the past few years and Minseok had fully taken the other into his heart. He loved Jongdae. He loved the way Jongdae laughed, smiled, ruffled his hair, and had a habit of drumming his fingers against any surface around him. Minseok loved how honest and sincere Jongdae was and he couldn't get enought of him. He was heart warmingly loyal and wonderful to be around. Minseok couldn’t imagine life without the other and it took him a long time to realize, but Jongdae was perfect.

“What are you looking at?” Jongdae grinned knowingly, snapping the other from his thoughts.

Minseok blushed and turned away. He cleared his throat and replied lamely, “Uh…”

But before he needed to respond, the food came and the subject was dropped. Minseok and Jongdae happily began to eat in peace before Jongdae decided to speak up again.

“Isn’t it funny? How two years ago I was sitting here, eating pancakes served by you.” Jongdae grinned. “And now I’m sitting here, eating pancakes with you.”

Minseok rolled his eyes. “Remember how you forced me to do all that?”

“Ah, yes, the good ol’ days,” Jongdae reminisced.

Minseok sighed playfully and shoved a large piece of his pancake into his mouth. Jongdae snickered and took a piece of the other’s breakfast for himself, earning a smack on the hand before continuing.

“When I walked in here all those years back, I came with the intention of trying to get you to be my boyfriend. It took two months for me to convince you to go out with me,” He laughed.

“Sorry,” Minseok murmured.

“It’s okay,” Jongdae grinned, “Because it took me almost twelve times longer to ask you to marry me.”

“Wait what?”

Before Minseok could process what exactly was happening, Jongdae slid out of his seat and got on one knee. Minseok’s eyes widened and his face turned his signature deep shade of red as Jongdae dug around in his jacket pocket, drawing out box. He flipped open the top revealing a gold ring.

Minseok’s heart fluttered rapidly in his chest and he was at a loss for words.

“Kim Minseok, the love of my life,” Jongdae smiled at the other’s surprised face. “Will you marry me?”

The orange haired boy hid his face behind his hand and tried to bite back his grin. “Jongdae, you’re so cheesy, oh god,” He squeaked. The other laughed through his nose.

“Just say yes already, I want to kiss you,” Jongdae said. By then the entire diner was looking at the two.

Minseok grinned stupidly and bit his lip, nodding rapidly. “Yes.”

Jongdae broke into a grin and the people around them applauded. The orange haired boy felt like crying as the other stood up and took his hand, carefully sliding the ring onto his finger. Jongdae yanked Minseok up and wrapped his arms around his waist, pressing his nose against the other’s and staring lovingly into his eyes.

“Thanks for saying yes,” Jongdae whispered.

Minseok wrapped his arms around the taller’s neck and replied, “You’re lucky that I love you.”

“I love you too,” Jongdae said before stealing Minseok’s lips with his own.

And with that, the very unlikely pair spent the rest of their days in happiness.

 

THE END

 

 

 

A/N: AAA IM SO SAD THIS IS OVER!! i decided to cut it short and end it here because half the people on the poll i put up wanted the story to end here ;u; I'll probably start another xiuchen fic in the future since now I know I can actually write a multichaptered fic pfffttt
i just want to say thank you to everyone that read this! *u* im sorry that it kinda seemed unprofessional considering this was my first official fic ;u; SHOUT OUT TO EVERYONE THAT ALWAYS LEFT ME AMAZING COMMENTS! I LOVE YOU GUYS!! <3 i feel like we're all friends now aAA *u* <3 and omg this has a lot of upvotes too /cries THANKS U GUYS FOR UPVOTING IT AS WELL!! IT MEANS THE WORLD TO ME <3

and, since i cut this short, for the people that wanted more, i'll add one spin off chapter! *u* which ever gets the most votes by the end of Sunday (PST) i'll write since i have a free period at school! :D

and i wrote a xiuchen here if u want pfft