chapter 13

We Found Love

 

 

 

 

 

At Wooyoung’s mansion:

 

 

Wooyoungwas silently staring throughout to his window in his room, as he kept looking outside, specifically to someone’s room, and it was IU.

 

Wooyoung and IU’s room were both adjacent to each other. It was custom-built by both of them parents when they were kids; since—when they were little they were really attached and inseparable to each other, that’s why their parents decided to make their rooms adjacent to each other facing both of its windows together. In the middle between their houses, there is a large old tree;

 

And Wooyoung can clearly remember how he oftenly used the trunks of the tree as his bridge in order to go in IU’s room since then, Wooyoung usually sneaking to IU’s room way back to their childhood days, they oftenly watch late night movies, eats junk foods and even talking nonstop until dawn.

 

They were really close to each other, to the point that they can’t easily separate to each other. That even eating, sleeping and even breathing they can’t be separated easily. But not until that incident, the incident that makes them what they were right now.

 

Wooyoung sighed from that reality. It was sad how things becomes like this, but for him, even it will come to redo it again h will still do the same thing again and again.

 

Wooyoung sighed deeply, it’s been an hour since he’s doing that. Staring silently to the adjacent window in his front.  Looking silently to IU who was busy reading her book. Since Wooyoung’s room was dark, no one can notice that there is someone on it.

 

Wooyoung’s mom: so how long you plan to look over her? (she was leaning herself in the door frme of their house)

 

Wooyoung didn’t answer instead he looks at her bored.

 

Wooyoung’s mom: aiggoo! I miss your childhood days, i miss IU’s giggling sound of laughters whenever both of you playing. (she said as if remembering something in the past) what did exactly happen dear? What have you done?

 

Wooyoung: it’s none of your business mom—

 

Wooyoung’s mom: And I miss my old son. (he said as a matter of fact) the old you whenever you are beside with IU.

 

Wooyoung stared at her mother

 

Wooyoung’s mom: dinner is ready. At any moment IU and her parents will come so better get ready.

.

.

.

 

 

Mrs. Jang: oh. IU-mi dear, our so pretty. (she said as she kiss her cheeks and give a slight hug)

 

It always been like this, every night dinner were done either in IU’s place or them. Their usual thing to do eversince.

 

IU: you too, aunty, so pretty (she smiled sweetly and shyly)

 

Mrs. Jang: ohh—that’s what I love about your daughter (she looks at IU’s mom) she didn’t tell a lie (giggles)

 

Mr. Jang: (laughs too) okay dinner is ready—c’mon let’s have a seat all.

 

Mr. Lee: ohh—where’s Wooyoung?

 

 

Mrs. Jang: he’s there, preparing, you know his usual thing before eating—

 

Wooyoung: I heard that mom! (he said as he walks in the dining wearing board shorts and sando revealing his muscular and board shoulder in view)

 

Mr. Jang: c’mon have a seat besides IU

 

And this is always become their usual things—wooyoung and IU seating right next to each other, yet the heaviness and emptiness between them were pretty obvious. It’s like they built a imaginary walls between them, or mostly, it’s like IU built some barrier between them, they were close yet too far from each other, that’s how their parents saw it now.

 

Wooyoung: Annyeong IU.

 

But IU just simly stared at him.

 

Mrs. Lee: IU are you not going to greet Wooyoung back?

 

Wooyoung: no it’s okay aunty,

 

Their parents sighed in defeat.

 

Mrs. Jang: i heard you having your play right?

 

Wooyoung: yes mom, and its three days from now, i already handed your invitation right?

 

Mrs. Jang: and what exactly your part is IU-mi? (she smiled sweetly)

 

IU: Uhhmm— I’m incharge in the newspaper article of that event aunty,

 

Mrs. Jang: I see, you’re so clever dear.

 

IU smiled, hiding how her face turns red.

 

Mrs. Lee: what about you Wooyoung?

 

Wooyoung: main dance together with Jiyeon

 

Mr. Lee: ohh.. she’s indeed pretty and sweet little girl, she’s exactly an epitome of beauty . Doesn’t have anything on her?

 

Wooyoung: (just smiled) yes. She is. But

 

Mrs. Jang: and she’s your e girlfriend right? Too bad from Jiyeon why she agreed to be your boyfriend in the first place, but i was thankful enough she finally realized how unlucky she have you that’s why you two broke up right?

 

Wooyoung: MOM! (he said protesting)

 

Mrs. Lee: is that true? You and Jiyeon? (faking it, though she was completely aware of Wooyoung’s flings and exes)

 

Wooyoung: yeah. (he said flatly) it’s nothing serious, we’re—some kind of (as he stop not wanting to tell it) oh well whatever,

 

Mrs. Lee: then why don’t you court our IU-mi Woo? (she said giggling with eyes sparkling in anticipation)

 

IU: MOM!!! (she said almost yelling)

 

Mrs. Lee: now you have a reaction sweetie, (she tease) that’s why I like Woo to you, you becoming a “real person” around him.

 

IU: Tsss..

 

Wooyoung: (laugh as he looks to IU, in return IU rolled her eyes to him, he completely shrug it off) ohh—thank you aunty, or should I start calling you mom too? (he said jokingly)

 

Mrs. Lee: oh i love that Woo, you really should. (she said in agreement)

 

---

 

The next day:

 

 

Soohyun was unusual early, all thanks to Suzy who drop on their house early in the morning picking him up. Remember? Soohyun intentionally paid the repair shop double just for sake of making his car repairs too slowly— so slow that it took a month of repairs.

 

Soohyun was heading to somewhere when he accidentally bumped into someone, who was busy scanning something in her phone and it was no other than—Eunjung.

 

Eunjung: (shocked) oh. Mianhe (she said upon recovering)

 

Soohyun just stared at her bored.

 

Eunjung: uhhmmm—how are you? (she said trying to get a little conversation to him.

 

Soohyun: (another shrug)

 

Eunjung: Soohyun— I’m sorry. I hope you can forgive me. (she said sincerely)

 

Soohyun: (smirked) Tsss.. i only ask one thing on you—in my entire life, I never ask, no, I never beg for something—but still you didn’t.

 

Eunjung: Soohyun—

 

Soohyun: tsss.. the damage is already  done Ham Eunjung or should I call you the other way around?

 

Eunjung: Soohyun—

 

Soohyun just passed by her, leaving Eunjung with a heavy heart of hers.

 

---

 

In Yoon’s hotel:

 

 

Eun Hye was silently seating in one-seater couch,  with leg cross, she looks like a goddess in Mt. Olympus seating fancy with grace while poker face watching in front of the television, pretending watching just for the sake of diverting her mind of some thoughts.

 

Eunhye: Aiisshh! (She said in greeted teeth)

 

It’s been 24 hours since that incident (the kiss between her and IL Woo) but until now, it’s still running in her mind nonstop, unknowingly, she touches her lips, still feels his lips on hers. And it’s driving her insane.

 

And since that incident, IL Woo continuously bugging her about something that she didn’t want to talked about. That’s why, even she didn’t like it all, she completely hides herself, away, away from  her grandfather’s asking of too many questions that even her, herself didn’t exactly knew, and away from IL Woo who bugging her. She didn’t even attend school today, she plans not to attend until she can completely get over from that mess.

 

Bzzttt.. bzztt.. (sounds of doorbell haha)

 

Eun hye was awaken in her thoughts as she heard her door bell rang, she immediately stood up thinking it was the home service she ask a while ago, without further ado, she open the door

 

IL Woo: and there you are! (he said relief)

 

Eunhye: YAH!! How did you—(surprised)

 

IL Woo: Jeez. You’re such a pain in . (he said as he took step closer to her)

 

Eunhye: YAH!! What did you say? (she said stepping back from him)

 

 

 

Il Woo: (glared at her before stepping his feet inside her room)

 

Eun Hye: YAAHH! Did I tell you to come in? You and you’re manners! Really?

 

IL Woo: (another shot glared) do you have any idea how tired I am just by looking at you? I didn’t sleep a wink just to look for you woman! (He hissed diving himself on the bed)

 

Eun Hye: YAH!!!

 

IL Woo: I’ll sleep first and after we talked. (he said half asleep) and don’t dare to leave me and runway again and hide arraso? Wherever you hide I still can find you Eun Hye and don’t ever test my patience here (he said looking deadly to her) try to escape and you’ll see.

 

Eun Hye gulp, she never been intimidated to IL Woo like this before, one thing for sure he was death serious, and as far as she knows him, though they were not close or sorts off, when IL Woo  threaten something he will surely do it for sure.

 

.

.

.

 

IL Woo stretch his body, his eyes landed on the digital clock in the side table and found it was already lunch time. His eyes scan for someone, a relief he felt when he saw Eun Hye didn’t leave, she was peacefully sleeping in the couch.

 

IL Woo walks silently towards her, bending his knees to have a clear view of her. Eun hye is indeed beautiful, no scratch that, she is really gorgeous, he admitted, though she have a snobbish looking face that adds her snob personality. But he can’t deny the fact that she was hell yeah gorgeous.

 

And how this snobbish face can sleep like an angel in the same time? IL Woo shook his head from that thought in his mind. He smirked bowing his head diverting his mind from unnecessarily things that was now playing in his mind.

 

Eun Hye: YAH!! What are you doing? (she said with surprised trying to get some more spaces between them)

 

IL Woo: stand up and prepared, I already call for room service we’ll eat and talk.(leaving Eun Hye behind)

 

.

.

.

 

Eun Hye: and what exactly of us you want to talked about? (she said raising one of her eyebrows)

 

IL Woo: (put his arms on his broad chest) Well—it’s about us

 

Eun Hye: US? There’s no us, are you crazy.

 

IL Woo: well—the moment I kiss you, there’s an us now. 

 

Eun Hye: Jerk! (she hissed)

 

IL Woo: C’mon. Let’s have a deal then.

 

Eun Hye: who said I’m going to do that stupid deal of yours? (in truth, Eun Hye and IL Woo were already discuss about that deal) I don’t want to pretend you’re girlfriend or what! That’s gross. (she blurt out glaring at him)

 

IL Woo: YAH Woman! (He hissed back) that’s only for act, okay, your good with this right? And you know that’s a win-win situation for the both of us—you can easily get rid of your grandfather wanting you to arrange in stupid arrange marriage and me as well.

 

Eunhye: and what exactly the engagement thingy you pulling off?

 

IL Woo: (rolled his eyes) Jeez. Like what I am saying okay? We have to pretend that our relationship was something serious, and where do you think serious relationships heading too? Marriage isn’t it? That’s why I have to asked you’re hand in marriage, be my fiancée we can fake our engagement. You can say yes, and once they all convince in our act as couple, we can tell them that we called our engagement off—things not work from the both of us, and pang. Everything is settled then. I am free from my dad’s nagging  and you also. It is only a year. A year to endure your es woman.

 

Eunhye: YAH!

 

IL Woo: right after we graduate, I will be free, dad will hand half of my inheritance from our grandfather, that’s what I am aiming for. And i’ll start my own life.

 

Eun Hye: (stared at him)

 

IL Woo: why are you staring at me?

 

Eun hye: you don’t want to hand over your dad’s company?

 

IL Woo: i don’t have any interest and it’s not my intention to run his company. I want my inheritance from our grandfather that will only given when we graduated from college.

 

Eunhye: but you clearly knew that your dad will never let you right? You’re only his son.

 

IL Woo didn’t say anything but look away.

 

EunHye: fine. We can do it. I’ll agree.

 

IL Woo: seriously?

 

Eun Hye: yeah. As if i have my choice? You already kiss me in front of my grandfather and your father, so how can I say no?

 

IL Woo: YES!!! Thank you.

 

---

 

 

Meanwhile:

 

Yoo Jung was thumping her feet outside the gate of someone’s house patiently waiting for someone to open it for her, with a plastics in her hand though it looks heavy she patiently waiting.

 

 

Yoo Jung: finally! ( a felt of relief comes in her lovely face after seeing Bo Gum, who was completely shocked seeing her) Soo Bin was right. I should thank her for this. (she beams)

 

Bo Gum: what are you—

 

Yoo Jung: Jeez—do you think you can easily escape from me? You keep on hiding to me, and it hurts my feelings, but anyways future boyfriend, I am very persistent person, no one can beats me that, since I already saw you early this morning, I finally feel complete (she giggles) and please—don’t ever hide nor avoid me, I’m gonna look for you still (she beams again) anyways—As much I wanted to be with you badly, I still have a lot of things to do—so here. (handed the plastic bags on him, it was heavy indeed) I prepare all of those, since I don’t exactly know your favourites that’s why I cook a lot. Hope you enjoyed eating it, future boyfriend. Think of me every time. BYE! (she waves her hand before walking)

 

Bo Gum on the other hand was stunned, he was completely shocked,

 

Yoo Jung: oh before I forgot (she runs towards again to Bo Gum giving him a kiss on his cheeks) Bye. My future. (then waves her hand running towards the street)

 

Soo Bin: aiggoo.. how sweet of her.

 

Bo Gum: YAH!! You give her my schedule? (glared at her)

 

Soo Bin: (shrug) she’s way too persistent you know? She never leave my side not until i told her what she needed.

 

Bo Gum: Tsss.. (hissing)

 

Soo Bin: What? (look innocently) you both look together (teases) i like her for you.

 

Bo Gum hissed one more time, he was about to close the door when someone stops him from closing the gate.

 

Jiyeon: Hey!

 

Bo Gum: Ms. Jiyeon—(shocked)

 

Jiyeon: the one and only (she beams) oh—you look like you were expecting someone aside from me?

 

Soo Bin: you bet—(she giggles)

 

Jiyeon: Ohhh! (as she guess who is she talking about) Uh-oh! I should went early to see her ()

 

Bo Gum: YAH! (Embarrass) and what exactly you doing here?

 

Jiyeon: Ayyiieee! Why are you blushing then?

 

Bo Gum: No I’m not!

 

Jiyeon: just tell me.. see? Your ears were all red.

 

Bo Gum: No! (he almost shouted hiding his ears)

 

Soo Bin: Certainly he. (she laughs)

 

Bo Gum: (glared at Jiyeon)

 

Jiyeon can’t help but laugh on him. His face were priceless.

 

Bo Gum: YAH!! Just go away kay? (he rolled his eyes)

 

Jiyeon: Ayyiieee .. (she continued teasing him) you mad?

 

 

Bo Gum: (just glared again to her) what are you really doing here? (he irritated asks her)

 

For a short period of time, Bo Gum and Jiyeon’s fondness to each other strengthen. They seems really close like siblings.

 

Jiyeon: I’m here to eat—oh what’s that? Food? C’mon let’s eat. (her eyes sparkles)

 

Soo Bin: yeah. His future girlfriend gives this to him.

 

Jiyeon: Awww… how’s sweet of her. I like her for you. Really (she said giggling)

 

Bo Gum: whatever. Just go inside.

 

.

.

.

 

Bo Gum: here (as he handed a food to Jiyeon)

 

Jiyeon claps her hand in excitement as she happily dig in  the food. Bo Gum just chuckled.

 

Bo Gum: Really? You went all over our place just to eat breakfast.

 

Jiyeon: Yup. (she said while eating)

 

Bo Gum: seriously? (he was smiling)

 

Jiyeon: yes. And I planning to eat here forever. Just during breakfast kay. You don’t mind it right? (she beams)

 

Bo Gum: like I have a choice Ms. Jiyeon (he smiled back)

 

Jiyeon: yeah you don’t have any choice in you (she stick her tounge out) and besides you promised me to bring in the orphanage where you grew up right? (as she continue eating without a blink)

 

Bo Gum: Whooaa.. relax .. you quiet eat a lot...

 

Jiyeon: I loved foods that’s why.

 

Soo Bin: you should really come with us, you know, the one who took us to us when we were kids is really great cook, you loved it. (she smiled warmly) right Bo Gum?

 

Jiyeon:  Chincha? Whooa.. that’s great. I’m excited.

 

Soo Bin: but was it okay you were here and not practicing? You’re event was three days from now right?

 

Jiyeon: (nodded) and I got tired of practicing. And I’m too good to do a lot of practicing. I am Jiyeon. (she proudly said) and you should come too. I handed you a ticket. Maybe i will ask my brother about your VIP pass.

 

Soo Bin: YAH! (shocked) you don’t have too. (shaking her head in disapproval)

 

Jiyeon: i insist. (she said firmly) and no buts okay?

 

Soo Bin: But—

 

Jiyeon: it’s fine Soo Bin. You’re my friend right?

 

yeah. From a short period of time Jiyeon and soo Bin becomes close in a snap, she usually going in their place just to hang out. Jiyeon was always been like that, she can easily make friends in short period of time, she was intimidating at first yet friendly one.

 

Jiyeon: aiiggoo! I’m done (as she put the chopstick down the table)

 

Bo Gum: (shocked written in his face as he saw all the containers were empty) Whhooaa.. (he smiled)

 

Soo Bin: wow. You’re appetite is quiet unbelievable. You really blessed that you didn’t got fat.

 

Jiyeon: you bet—i always do three consecutive hours of dancing just to burn fats, plus daily exercise you know (she winks)

 

 

Bo Gum: you’re really something—

 

Jiyeon: yes. I know.

 

---

 

Meanwhile:

 

Yoo Jung waves her hand the moment she saw a familiar car in her sight.

 

Yoo Jung: Annyeong! (she greeted with a wide smile)

 

Taecyeon: seriously? (he said shaking his head) hop in.

 

Yoo Jung: thanks oppa. (she seated in the passenger seat)

 

Taecyeon: (turn his head to her)  YAH! You seriously making me your driver aren’t you?

 

Yoo Jung: (laughed) seriously cousin? What’s with you. Besides I can’t sit in the driver’s seat since it is already occupied right?

 

Taecyeon: (didn’t answered) so where’s your car and you called me to picked you up?

 

Yoo Jung: my car? Oppa borrowed it.

 

Taecyeon: Wae? Is he now poor or what? Where his collection of his babies (referring to Soohyun’s cars)

 

Yoo Jung: (shrug her shoulder) you wouldn’t believe what he has done to all of it (she laughs)

 

Taecyeon: Tss.. (Shaking his head laughing) so how’s life? I heard you shift this time again?

 

Yoo Jung: certainly me.

 

Taecyeon: very certain. But why?

 

Yoo Jung: don’t know? Maybe fashion designing will be my thing. (she beams)

 

Taecyeon: just what you said last time.

 

Yoo Jung: YAH! This is true this time, and for your information my dear cousin, I am the one in charge in your costume, just so you know.  (she rolled her eyes)

 

Taecyeon: i know. It was all written in bold letters. (he beams)

 

Yoo Jung: Jeez. (rolled eyes)

 

Taecyeon: relax I’m just kidding. Kay? (he said laughing)

 

Yoo Jung: you’re not! (she accused)

 

Taecyeon: you and you’re temper huh?  (he tease)

 

Yoo Jung: Jeez. (she rolled eyes)

 

Yoo Jung keep quiet for a while as she looks outside the car window

 

Yoo Jung: have you seen her? (this time she was serious)

 

Taecyeon: (didn’t answered back but he look in the front mirror)

 

Yoo Jung: so I guess you still didn’t tell them? To our friends? And to her?

 

Taecyeon: (remained quiet for a while) i was just—I plan to tell it but not now.

 

Yoo Jung: You should. (she used her serious tone) everyone deserves to know it. And most of all she deserves to know it.

 

Taecyeon: I know. It just—I don’t know how to tell it— and besides Suzy was avoiding me since I came back here.

 

Yoo Jung: she will really do that.  Does oppa saw her?

 

Taecyeon: Yeah. We saw each other in the school

 

Yoo Jung: how does it goes? Is he mad?

 

Taecyeon: don’t know. You’re brother is way too preserved you know

 

Yoo Jung: I know.

 

Taecyeon: he is still mad at me.

 

Yoo Jung: he wasn’t.

 

Taecyeon: yes. He will. Who wouldn’t right?

 

Yoo Jung: (remained quiet)

 

Taecyeon: he has his all rights to be mad at me, my own cousin, since I dumped my owned girlfriend, just to marry his girlfriend that time.

 

Yoo Jung: everything will be fine. Trust me. Oppa is not mad.

 

With that Taecyeon let out a heavy sighed.

 

He was not sure about that, but one thing is sure at this moment, he loss the woman he loves and his best friend in just a snap.

 

 

 

Oh my. New revelation reveals.