The Break-Up

Sorrow can cause love

Chapter 2

-1 month later-

You woke up by the sound of the birds tweeting outside. It was June, full-on spring and the sun was shining brightly. You and Annie had talked about what happened and you forgave her. She was just so in love and you loved seeing her so happy, so you let it pass and tried to be more considerate about your actions towards D.O. You had no school that day because it was Saturday. You looked at the clock on your wall and saw that it was already 10am. You quickly got up and showered, then put some clothes on. You checked your phone and noticed you had 36 new messages; all from Annie.

 

From: Annie~                                   03:12
I need you!!

 

From: Annie~                                   03:15
Please answer

 

From: Annie~                                   03:26
Yahh ___-ah!!!

 

From: Annie~                                   03:33
ㅠㅠㅠ

 

From: Annie~                                   03:38
___! Something bad happened and you have to cheer me up ㅠ

 

From: Annie~                                   03:49
you were right, you know…

 

And so on. You were really worried and called her as quickly as possible. “hi…” she weakly answered. “Annie, honey, are you okay? Where are you? What happened?” you bombed her with questions, but you heard no answer, just some sniffling. “babe, are you at home?” “hmm…” she mumbled, and you supposed it meant ‘yes’. “I’ll get to you as quickly as possible ok? Don’t do anything crazy while I’m on my way.” you told her before hanging up and slipping into some shoes. You ran out of the house and were just on time for the bus to Annie’s house. Walking would take about 15 minutes, which was too long for you so you took the bus and were at Annie’s house within 10 minutes.

You knocked on the door and her mother opened it with a worried face. She didn’t say anything, just stepped back and pointed up the stairs. You knew something was very wrong and you stormed up, stumbling a bit over the steps. You stormed into Annie’s room to find her in bed, asleep, with  tissues and empty ice cream cups surrounding her. On the TV you saw ‘The Notebook’ playing and you immediately knew what was up. The two of you would only watch that movie when one of you had her heart broken and the realization of that made tears form in your eyes and made you ball your hands to fists.

You looked at the wall where pictures of Annie and Chanyeol were put up. You shuffled over to the wall and ripped all of the pictures of and threw them in the bin. You then cleaned up the tissues and ice cream cups and stopped the DVD to put Ed Sheeran’s album ‘+’ on. You went downstairs to find everyone to be gone and walked to the kitchen. You got a bunch of chocolate cookies from a cupboard and dripped a bit of fresh orange juice on them, because you knew Annie liked her cookies best that way. You also prepared 2 glasses of fresh orange juice and another cup of ice cream and put them on a big plate. After grabbing a new box of tissues with you, you walked back up the stairs, into Annie’s room. You set the plate next to her head and sat down at her desk.

Annie turned around in her bed, now facing you and slowly opened her eyes. As soon as she saw you, she sat up and tears started rolling down her cheeks. “___... I- I’m-… chanye-…“ she stuttered. You stood up and sat down next to her on the bed, embracing her. “I know honey, I know. You don’t have to explain. Chanyeol is an and I told you so but it’s not your fault for not believing me. I would’ve done the same if I was in love like that. Even though Chanyeol is a .” you felt Annie nodding her head at the last sentence, agreeing with you. You chuckled and comforted Annie. The rest of the day you watched sad movies and ate lots of ice cream and chocolate, until Annie felt slightly happy again. You were afraid to leave, though, because that'd mean she wouldn't have any distraction anymore and that might bring her down again. You hoped for the best and headed home after you had dinner with Annie, her parents and her 2 younger brothers. As soon as you got home you went to bed. Your eyes were tired because you'd been crying so much that day and tomorrow was a school day so you needed to rest. That Monday at school, though, someone was missing...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

comment please! i'd love some feedback. if you like the story, please subscribe. i promise it'll be better in the next chapters :/