Angel

Sorrow can cause love

Chapter 4
-- 3 months later --

It was Monday, first day of the new school year and you and Annie were walking towards school. It was a hot summer day, even early in the morning, so you and Annie decided to just walk instead of sitting in a hot, sweaty bus for 15 minutes. Summer had been great. You had spent a lot of time at the beach and went to a foreign country with your parents and siblings. Annie didn’t get over Chanyeol very easily, it took her a month to stop crying every day, but she was okay now. You were glad that your friend was back to normal, but you still hated Chanyeol for hurting her like that. You hadn’t seen D.O. all summer, which you were pretty satisfied with, but you knew you’d have to face him today again, because the both of you practically chose the exact same subjects to follow this year.

You and Annie walked into the school gates. It was busier than it usually was around this time. Little crowds of friends who hadn't seen each other for a few months were hugging, chatting and yelping in excitement. You and Annie just walked passed calmly, not interested in all those people. The both of you weren't lonely, you had each other and didn't need anyone else. You sometimes hung around with the school band, back when Annie and Chanyeol were together, but since they broke up it was down to just the two of you. As you walked into the school, the groups of people started to get bigger and you were happy when you finally sat down in the (almost) empty homeroom.

The only people in were you, Annie and a boy you'd never seen before. He looked cute, with big brown eyes and some sort of copper colored hair. He didn't look Korean to you, but maybe you were just mistaking. The sound of you stumbling in and sitting down made him turn his head to look at you. He smiled softly and awkwardly bowed from his seat, making it more like a nodding-kind of motion. You and Annie both bowed back while smiling. Finally a polite, cute guy in your class, unlike all of the selfish kingkas or the annoying nerds. “I-I’m Yixing, but you can call me Lay… nice to meet you two.” He spoke in accented Korean. “Hi Yixing,” Annie said, ignoring his instructions to call him his nickname, “I’m Annie and this is my friend, ___” you bowed awkwardly again, “Nice to meet you too” Annie finished off her sentence. “ ahh, hi Annie and ___! If you were wondering why you have never seen me before; I’m new here. I’m from China, actually. I’m in the school band at the convent school in China and I’m here as exchange student.”  He smiled, showing off a deep dimple that you found adorable.

You could see Annie liking him already. The smile she had on her face, the glistering in her eyes, everything made her attraction to him obviously noticeable. After talking to Lay for a while you pulled Annie’s arm and took her to the back of the class, to your favorite seats at the windows. You whispered in her ear “don’t fall too hard girl” before winking at her. She just blushed and looked away. At that point the both of you were so clueless of what was going to happen in a few months…

----------------------------------------------------

short update! hope you liked that. just wanna say a big thank you for reading :)