Worry

Sorrow can cause love

Chapter 3

You walked into school, 20 minutes before class started. You and Annie always got to school early to get the best seats in class, which were in the back, at the side of the windows, and you both didn't like busy places so you tried your best to come before the invasion started. When you walked into the homeroom, Annie wasn't there yet, which wasn't that weird since you were earlier than usual but when the class started she still hadn't arrived. You asked your teacher where Annie was. She told you Annie was ill, but she didn't know what Annie exactly had. "Heartache, probably" you told her, because Annie and you really like your homeroom teacher, and you knew Annie wouldn't mind you telling her.

During the break you saw Chanyeol walking around... With an arm wrapped around a girl. You stared at him in pure disgust. Your eyes had contact for a second but he quickly looked away to smirk at the girl. You noticed Kyungsoo standing at the other side of the hallway, looking at Chanyeol and the girl with an angry frown, then making eye contact with you to look at you with a questioning look. You rolled your eyes and walked off to the cafeteria.

The day went by slower than usual, as you didn't have your best friend with you to make fun of teachers and help you to stay awake during class. Kyungsoo had asked you where Annie was a couple of times but you would just roll your eyes and tell him it's none of his business. You were worried about Annie. She was always very positive and cheery, but you knew it wasn't like that right now. You wished for her to get back to school, but then again, you didn't, because you didn't want her to see how quickly Chanyeol had moved on and how he was now dating some other random .

As soon as school ended you headed over to Annie's house, but when you walked down the street from the bus stop to her door, you noticed a car standing in front of her house. You looked through the window and saw it was Kyungsoo. You sighed deeply and knocked on his window loudly, making him startled at first before he rolled down the window and looked at you. "What are you doing here?" You asked in a strict tone. "No-nothing... I just-... What's up with Annie?" He asked for the 10th time that day. "I've already told you this, Kyungsoo, it's none of your business. Please just leave, I don't think Annie would really appreciate any male company right now."

You wanted to walk away but D.O. stopped you. "Wait, ___, just... I just need to know, is Annie hurt?" He stared at you with such caring and desperate eyes that, for a second, you didn't know why you hated him anymore. It was like his sorrow for Annie hypnotized you and activated feelings in you that you couldn't control. You realized he was your enemy and your thoughts were basically mental, so you quickly pulled yourself together and put a frown on your face. "Why would you care?" "Well, I don't know, but maybe you’re not the only one who is befriended with Annie. Geez, ___, I just need to know if she's alright!" He was getting frustrated and you knew you had to end the conversation. "I don't know, Kyungsoo, because I’m actually going to check up on her now. Yes, she's hurt and you've seen the reason yourself at school. Now go before you cause any kind of trouble. " "tell her to take care. Thanks, ___" He smiled at you gratefully, something you had never seen before, so directly. Kyungsoo smiling. At you. Now that was special. You had to admit he looked cute but you put that thought far away and rolled your eyes before turning around and walking to Annie's door. 

------------------------------------------------------ 

hope you liked that, please comment and leave feedback! xo