Friends

Sorrow can cause love
sad chapter (prepare yourself) but the ending's happy, i promise :)
 
Friends
it was Saturday, and today was the day Annie was going to confess to Lay. You and Annie met up at her house before takingthe bus to the theme park. As soon as you arrived, you saw D.O. and Lay standing  at the gates, both in a furry Christmas sweater, smiling at the two of you. They looked adorable, carrying their backpacks in their glove-covered hands with red ears and cheeks from the cold December wind. You walked up to them and went into the park to go in some attractions and have lots of fun. You enjoyed the day. Annie and Lay weren’t awkward, Kyungsoo wasn’t too horrible to you and you all laughed a lot. Somewhere in the afternoon the 4 of you decided to take a break. You sat down on a bench and had some food. You knew it was time for Annie to confess, and she wasn’t going to do that if Kyungsoo and you were still around. You stood up before saying “I need to go to the toilet…” looking at Annie mischievously, “and Kyungsoo needs to go too.” “no, I don…” you sent your most deadly glare towards him, making him swallow his denial and say “oh wait, yes, I do. Let’s go”, understanding that Annie and Lay needed some alone-time, before you pulled his arm and took him to a little building a couple of meters away from the bench.
 
You hid behind it to wait for Annie to confess, then grabbed your phone to look less awkward. D.O. just stared at the ground, sniffling a bit. After a while you looked around the corner to see Annie and Lay just eating and chatting a bit, and you knew it was going to take forever to wait for them to take on action if you wouldn’t push it a bit more. you texted Annie;
 

to: Annie~                                     16:11
Yahh, you’re not gonna let me wait here forever, right? you know I don’t like to be stuck with Kyungsoo!

 

You sent it and peeked around the corner again to see Annie reaching for her phone. You turned back to D.O. to see his eyes glassy again. “Kyungsoo, are you okay?” you were seriously worried about him. He’d been down the past weeks whenever Lay and Annie were doing something together and you had to know what was up. “I love her…” he whispered, not even loud enough for you to fully understand what he was saying. “what?” you asked in a friendly tone. “I love Annie.” He now said a bit louder, looking up at you. His hurt eyes stared right into your soul. You felt sorry for him.

“I always have loved her. For 2 years. And each time I see her being taken away. By my best friends. In front of my eyes.” Tears rolled from his eyes to his chin, where they hung around for a bit before dropping to the ground with an amazing speed. “and the worst part is, that I know she’ll never be mine. I will forever have to see her love another guy. At first I could bare it, seeing her happy like that was all I wanted. But I know Lay and her will never break up. They’re perfect for each other. And my future is ruined.” His voice broke in that last sentence, making you break as well. Tears started to sting in your eyes, feeling so sorry for him. “so that’s why you kept spending time with me even though you hate me… because you wanted to be around Annie. Was that why you were crying last week? When we met at the supermarket?” you asked, your voice shaking at the realization of how awful you had been to him while he was having such a hard time. He nodded slowly.

You couldn’t take it anymore, the pain that was showing through his eyes, his voice, his posture. You wrapped your arms around him and put his head on your shoulder. You could feel him shock at the sudden embrace, but you held him tightly and soon you felt him relax. He sniffled into your shirt and you could feel it getting damp. He wrapped his arms around your waist and you could feel yourself tighten up and getting warm inside. You knew you shouldn’t be imagining things because of this, he was just hugging you because he was hurt and he needed a shoulder to cry on. But still, you felt butterflies crawl through your stomach, even though you thought you hated him.

You pulled away after a while and his cheeks, removing some tears with your cold fingers. “I’m sorry, you know. For being such a . I didn’t know you only spent time with me because you wanted to be with Annie. I understand that you hate me and I’m just… I’m sorry” “I don’t blame you, ___, because you couldn’t know. And I don’t hate you. I just let out all my frustration on you. Seeing Annie and Chanyeol make out got me so angry that I had to let it out on someone, and since you were always there, you became the victim. What you said last week was true, you know. We’re both outsiders, inbetweeners, and without each other we wouldn’t have been who we are now. Your presence actually helped me through this a lot. If you wouldn’t have been there every time, I would’ve broken down a long time ago. I’m sorry for not telling you what was up and I’m sorry for being so rude to you.” You smiled weakly. “It’s okay Kyungsoo. We’ve both been horrible and we had our reasons. Let’s just try to forget about it. I don’t think you need any more pain and frustration in your life at the moment. You need support and a friend who you can lean on. So, D.O., can we be friends?” you hesitatingly asked. He hugged you in response, letting you know things were alright between the two of you. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ㅠ i almost cried when i wrote this part... i really hope you liked it! took me quite a while to put it in the good words but i think it turned out alright... please leave feedback and subscribe! thanks so much for reading, i really, truly appreciate it!