The Friends

Sixth Sense

Taehyun smiled when Mina came into his mind, heck, she's in his mind all the time. He sipped into his coffee and stared at his laptop. He tried to focus on his work but he kept on smiling. Those pretty models he worked with, is nothing compared to her. He gave up and now he cupped his face.

I'm doomed...

 

It was raining so both of them decided to stop walking and went to the nearest haven.

"Why aren't you wet?" He asked when he saw her dry clothes.

"I just don't." She giggled and helped him. "Aren't you well aware I'm not real?"

"You are real. At least to me." He curved a smile and winked. 

She slightly blush and grinned. "Aren't you cold?"

"A bit. I'm fine, though." He rubbed his hand and tried to keep himself warm.

Mina watched him and she realized he is not a good liar. She grabbed his hands and blew some air on his hands so that he'd feel warmer. Taehyun stared at her and smiled.

"Better?" She looked up and grinned sheepishly at him.

"I love you." He said as he leaned in to kiss her forehead.

Mina felt her heartbeat again and grabbed his jacket to move him closer. She tiptoed and pecked his lips. Taehyun wanted more. He cupped her face and kissed her, lovingly.

 

Taehyun had been smiling all day long and he wouldn't stop thinking about her. His mother noticed his behavior and she knew, he has found the one. He even agreed to accompany his mom to the supermarket but that was not all of it. When his brother came home, he usually just acknowledged his brother's presence by saying "Oh, you're home?". And that day, he agreed to help with his homework and cleaned up after dinner.

Mrs. Nam was so happy about him but she was still worried about what would happen if Mina didn't make it. She wants the best for her son and all but she had no control of what will happen.

 

***

 

Taehyun went to the studio with big smile and he greeted everyone friendly. He had always been friendly but he was extra friendly on that day. He was never close with all his colleagues except Mino and Jinwoo but out of sudden he asked about how was everyone coping with their work and how were they doing. They were surprised but pleased when he did that and his introvert personality has been upgrade into a whole new level.

He sat on his usual spot and tried to find his phone but was soon interrupted by Mino and Jinwoo. 

"You look extra happy today." Mino tapped his shoulder and took a seat in front of him. Jinwoo settled next to Mino and crossed his legs.

"If this because of Mina-ssi, we should meet her." Jinwoo suggested and Mino nodded in agreement.

"We'll be nice, we promise." Mino showed his pinky to Taehyun as Jinwoo nodded. 

Taehyun chuckled at both of them; feeling amused by their behavior. He felt bad after that because yes, he did want his hyungs to meet Mina and introduce her to them just like other people would do. "Later, maybe?" He only manage to give them an apologetic smile.

"Taehyun-ah.. please?" Jinwoo pleaded him using his aegyo. The other two acknowledged he is the best at aegyo and he knew they couldn't say no to it.

Taehyun sighed and grinned. He looked down, trying to think about the best decision. He had decided to keep his secret until he dies but he knew, they will know it. Maybe someday, tomorrow or now. "Okay." He stared at both of them and nodded.

"Finally." Mino smiled happily with Jinwoo as if they have hit the jackpot. But little did they know that they were about to know Taehyun's secret.

 

***

 

Taehyun had called Mina's parents beforehand to make sure their presence wouldn't be a bother to both of them. Fortunately, they were about to attend their son's friend wedding and they agreed to bring Mina's little brother who was in charge to take care of Mina. Mr. Choi didn't say much about Taehyun on that day because he finally knew Taehyun is someone he could rely on.

Taehyun arrived at the hospital with Mino and Jinwoo following him with questions in their head. They stayed silent, though, because they knew Taehyun wouldn't lie to them. Taehyun knocked on the door although he knew no one was inside. 

Mina heard the knock and she felt Taehyun's presence nearby. She walked towards the door to greet him but when the door opened, she saw Taehyun wasn't alone. She stepped back but the smile on her face didn't fade away and Taehyun smiled back. 

Jinwoo tapped Mino's shoulder and raised his eyebrows with questions. Mino only shrugged and looked at Taehyun.

"Hyung, this is Mina." Taehyun looked at Mina and smiled. 

Jinwoo placed his hand on his mouth and tried to hide the shock on his face but failed. Mino thought she was only sick at first but when he looked at the patient record on the edge of the bed, his eyes widen. Jinwoo had realized it sooner than Mino because he was familiar with that, the life support machine was next to her and a lot of wires were connected to her body. 

"H-how?" Mino asked with his eyes fixed on Mina.

Mina looked at Taehyun with concern and she knew he was overwhelmed with the whole situation. It is never easy to reveal our secrets to someone, especially our loved ones because we are afraid of their decision, whether to stay or leave. Taehyun was the same so Mina walked closer to him and grabbed his hand.

"You can do it." She whispered and kissed his shoulder.

"There's something I'd like to tell you guys."

 

"Taehyun-ah.." Jinwoo stuttered.

Taehyun only looked down because he was afraid of their reactions. Mino glanced at him and pursed his lips.

"I hope.. I hope we can still be friends, hyung." Taehyun said without looking to both of them.

The oldest stood up in protest. "How could you say that?!" His voice shaken.

"Knowing all of this is crazy. All this time I thought they don't exist and suddenly you told us you can see them. I don't know if there's a spirit lingering around us right now but listen to me. You are still our friends and I would never think badly about you. It's just that, you can see them. That's it and other than that, you're my little brother I never had." Mino said and Jinwoo returned to his seat and nodded.

Taehyun was embarrassed of himself. He was wrong when he thought that both of them would call him freak. "Thanks, hyung." His lips curved a smile. 

Jinwoo stood up again and pulled him into a hug. Mino joined and formed a group hug. Mina stared at them from afar and smiled happily.

 

Mino took a seat next to Jinwoo and drank his juice. "So, did your mom know about you?"

Taehyun nodded. "She could see them too." 

Jinwoo's mouth formed an 'O' while Mino almost choked. 

"I'm sorry." The oldest apologized. Taehyun smiled and shook his head.

"Can I do something?" Mino asked and Jinwoo looked at him.

"What?" 

"It's just that.. can you ask Mina-ssi what sign I made?" He made a peace sign behind his back. Taehyun chuckled and gave a signal to Mina. Mina showed him the peace sign and winked. 

"Peace sign." He said calmly.

"My turn." Jinwoo said as he made rock sign behind his back. Mina chuckled at them and showed Taehyun the rock sign.

"Rock." 

Jinwoo and Mino slowly clapped in awe. 

"So, what will happen next? I mean she wouldn't be lying on that bed forever, right?" Mino asked Taehyun and Taehyun glanced at Mina.

"We met a medium to ask for more information. He said I could help her but it's really dangerous." Taehyun said.

"How dangerous?" Jinwoo asked.

"I have to find her in the other world. Meaning, she has to enter the spirit world so I could lead her to this world." Taehyun explained.

"Wherever she is right now, she sure is a strong person." Mino said and everyone nodded.

"Tell him I said thanks." Mina said.

"She said thanks. And she's beside me right now." Taehyun looked over his side and smiled at her.

"Hey, Mina-ssi. It's good to finally see the reason why Taehyun was so happy this morning. This is awkward.. Um.. It's nice to see you." Mino awkwardly waved to Mina's direction. 

"Yeah, me too." Jinwoo put up his hand and smiled.

"They're good people." Mina smiled and held Taehyun's hand. He smiled back and glad that everything went well than he expected to be.