Blooming

Sixth Sense

"Just friend..?" Andrew smirked and looks at both of them.

Taehyun rubbed his neck awkwardly and nodded. "...Yes, we're not in that kind of relationship. You should understand that better, Doctor." Taehyun smiled awkwardly.

Understand better? Tch. Yeah, I'm just another random ghost that's equal to burden. Mina thought and pouted.

"First of all, we need to know how did Mina-ssi got into the accident. Then it will lead us to another clue. And hopefully, by then I would have an idea to help you guys." Andrew said.

Taehyun silently nodded and grateful that he called him over. "I will arrange a meeting between Doctor and Mina's parents. I'll inform you when will it be." 

Andrew nodded and bid them goodbye.

Mina sighed and crossed her arms. "I really hope it will end soon." She said as she stared outside.

Taehyun looked at her. "Anyway, why did you say you don't care?" Taehyun asked.

Mina raised her eyebrows. "What?"

Taehyun turned to her. "You said you don't care if you're going to live or die."

"Ah... I really don't care. I've had enough, either way, the misery will end." Mina replied.

"Yes, the misery is going to end but it's yours." Taehyun said with angry tone.

Mina furrowed her eyebrows, clueless why. "Your point?"

Taehyun looked away. "People around you... Did you forget them? Your family, your friends, me." He said sadly.

Mina slowly looked down. "I told you it will end their misery. It's better that way, right?"

"How do you know it's better? Did you ask them about it? That it's better if you're gone instead of lying there?" Taehyun asked her again. He was so hurt when Mina said that.

"Well, I just know. My dad's almost gave up. Me, lying there, is only going to make my family more miserable. I will do anything to make them smile again." Mina said as she felt lump in .

"Smile again? Right. After waiting for two years. Two years, Mina. I doubt they will. And I think they will experience more pain than this. Don't give up, Mina." Taehyun pled her.

Mina was silent for a while because she felt that another word Taehyun said, she's breaking down. "What do you care about me? I'm just another ghost that asked for your help. I'm the same reason why you wanted to die." She said and disappear.

Taehyun was taken aback by her statement. It was the truth. Taehyun searched her but she was nowhere to be found.

 

***

 

Mina stared at her mom's face while she slept peacefully. Mina couldn't hold it, she cried remembering the words she said. That she dared to leave her family. Taehyun is right about it. Her family wouldn't be able to smile again if she leaves. She wiped her tears and disappear again.

After the fight with Mina, Taehyun didn't feel right. He kept on thinking about her. Funny how she's a ghost but he worried about her such as, did she go to the hospital or did she hang out with her ghost friends. Thinking about her made his heart aches. He held his chest. "Why do I feel this way?" Taehyun asked himself and smiled to himself. Just then, he saw a couple fought.

"Do you know how long I've waited for you? Two hours!" The girl yelled at her boyfriend.

"I'm sorry! Okay? I'm sorry! I forgot to tell you that I have work to do. I won't do it again, promise! Please don't be like this. It's embarassing!" The guy pleaded his girlfriend to stop making a scene.

Ah... What a sight. Taehyun thought and kept on staring at them.

"My heart hurts just by thinking of you. I really love you but I'm tired!" The girl exclaimed in anger and ran away.

"Wait for me! I'm sorry, okay?!" The guy chased after his girlfriend.

Taehyun frowned. Hurt? He asked. Love? He asked himself again. 

"Choi Mina... Am I really in love with you?" He asked as if Mina's infront of him.

 

***

 

Mrs. Choi's phone rang and she picks it. "Hello?" She waited for the caller.

"Oh hello, Mrs Choi. This is Nam Taehyun, Mina's friend who came few days ago." Taehyun introduced himself.

"Ah! Yes Taehyun-ssi, I remember you. What is it?" She said with her high pitch voice. Mr. Choi heard his wife and sits beside her. 

"I just want to know if you and Mr Choi are free today." He asked politely.

"Yes, we both are free today. Why?" Mrs Choi raised her eyebrows and glances at her husband. Mr Choi moved nearer to his wife to hear the conversation.

"I want you to meet a Doctor that can maybe help Mina. I want to help her, to wake up." Taehyun emphasized the word 'wake up' so that Mina can hear him. Mina pretended to look away; not listening.

"Yes! I would like to meet him. When is it?" Mrs. Choi's face brightened.

"I will bring him to the hospital after lunch. We shall meet at the cafeteria then." Taehyun said.

"Okay then. See you there." Mrs. Choi bid her goodbye and smiles at her husband.

"What is it?" Mr. Choi asked her.

"Taehyun-ssi wants us to meet a Doctor. He said he can maybe help Mina to wake up. I told you, it's Mina's boyfriend." Mrs. Choi explained as she smiles to ears. She glanced at Mina and smiles happily.

 

Taehyun drank his coffee and stared outside. Mina nervously stared at him and began to fidget. Taehyun can sense that Mina was acting a bit odd that day, maybe because of their fight yesterday.

"Do you want to say something?" Taehyun finally broke the silence.

"I'm sorry... About yesterday. I shouldn't have been so selfish with myself." Mina finally felt relieved to let it out.

"I'm sorry too. So, you agree with me?" Taehyun asked her.

"Yes.. You were right about everything. I don't think me leaving will make them smile again." Mina pouted and looks down.

Taehyun stared at her face and smiled to himself. "So, you aren't giving up about waking up?" He asked her again.

"Yes. I'm going to do anything to wake up. So that I can be with my family again." She smiled.

And be with me... Taehyun thought and smiles to himself. What? Huh, I must be crazy. Taehyun position himself and sit straight. "That's good, then. I'm glad you made that decision." He awkwardly said and rubs his neck.

"Okay.. I guess." Mina stared at him, feeling weird because he acts so awkward.

"Aren't you glad you met me? Well, I didn't wake you up but meeting Doctor Andrew was my idea. I tried." Taehyun said as he sips on his coffee.

"Yes.. I'm really thankful and happy I met you. But aren't you the same? I saved your life." Mina asked him.

"Yeap. Thank you for that. I owed you my life." Taehyun said as he smiled.

Mina smiled back and suddenly, she felt her heart beats. It happened again. She held her chest and Taehyun sat beside her.

"Why? What's wrong?" Taehyun panicked.

"My heart. I think I felt my heart beating so fast." Mina said.

"Uhh, does it hurts?" Taehyun asked again.

"No, it felt normal. Like when you fell in love." Mina said before she blushes, hard.

Taehyun slowly moved away from her and he can feel that his face was turning into a tomato. "Oh." He said and went back to his seat.

Mina cursed herself in her head and awkwardly looked down. Taehyun glanced at her and smiled. He looked at his watch and his eyes widen. 

"I gotta inform Doctor Andrew." He said.

"Oh! Then I'll go to the hospital then." She said, relieved because she can get away from hell. She didn't even bid her goodbye and just disappear.

Taehyun smiled to himself. What is this feeling? Why am I so happy? He thought and began to text Andrew.