The Accident

Sixth Sense

Mrs. Choi and her husband arrived first and they sat comfortably at the cafeteria. While waiting for Taehyun and Andrew to be there, Mr. Choi seemed to be in his deep thought.

"Honey, what are you thinking?" Mrs. Choi noticed her husband behavior since they left Mina's room.

"If Nam Taehyun-ssi is really Mina's boyfriend, why now? Why he didn't appear two years ago? And if he isn't, why is he so eager to help Mina? He even came twice!" Mr. Choi spilled his thoughts. 

"I guess they were just an acquaintance and he happened to know a doctor. Maybe he just wanted to do good deeds. It's not wrong to try, honey. Don't think too much, okay?" Mrs. Choi said as she tried to comfort her worried husband.


Just then, Taehyun and Andrew came and bowed to Mr. and Mrs. Choi. Both of them bowed back and smiled.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Choi. This is Doctor Andrew Choi. He's the one I talked about." Taehyun introduced Andrew to both of them.

"Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Choi." Andrew smiled and offered his right hand to Mr. Choi.

Mr. Choi shook Andrew hand and smiled. "Choi Jinhyuk, this is my wife, Choi Seyoung." Mrs. Choi smiled back towards Andrew.

"Have a sit" Mrs. Choi offered to both of them.

"So, I heard you can help our Mina to wake up, is it true Doctor?" Mr Choi began their conversation.

"It is about 70%? When Nam Taehyun-ssi contacted me, I didn't expect this because this is my first case. Fortunately, I have a lot of seniors that can help me with this. I cannot promise you, but please trust me." Andrew replied calmly.

"Which department are you, Doctor? If it's not rude to ask.." Mrs. Choi carefully asked him.

"Actually, he's a medium. He's not a shaman or anything to do with it, he's simply specialize in the other world stuff." Taehyun looked apologetic as he didn't mention about Andrew's occupation is about. He was afraid that Mina's parents would think badly about it. Andrew still looked as calm as before like it didn't bother him.

"Oh..." Both of Mina's parents replied the same thing.

Taehyun looked really uncomfortable with the current situation. Suddenly he felt that someone tapped him in the shoulder and as he looked behind, Mina was there. Thankfully, they didn't notice and Taehyun felt even more tense because he thought they noticed.

"You can ask me anything, but now I would like to know how did Mina became in that state, when did it happen and what happened after that so I could gather the information and start doing the research." Andrew said.

Taehyun looked at him with an awe. How did he say it so comfortably... 

Mrs. Choi looked at her husband as a signal for him to talk about it. Mr. Choi understood and began explaining.

"It happened two years ago on 10 May. She was on her way to the resort with her aunt for vacation. She was so excited about it that she kept on checking her luggage. Maybe her aunt drove too fast, maybe not, but we cannot blame her. Things happened so fast. They just went about an hour from home and it happened. The police claimed that it was a hit and run case as no one car was seen nearby and their car looked like being hit. Other reason was they accidently hit something but nothing was found either. We should've found out more but at that period, we only care about Mina and her aunt. After we arrived at the hospital, Mina and her aunt were in critical state. Both of them were placed in the ICU room and the only thing we could do was pray. After four days, we received a news that broke our heart. Mina's aunt couldn't survive as her body cannot hold such pain. We prayed more diligently and we didn't give up. Then, Mina became in that state. It has been two years, we still didn't lose hope because we knew Mina is strong." Mr. Choi told them their story sadly. Mrs. Choi just lowered her head; trying not to cry.

Surprisingly, this is the first time after two years both of them ever told people about the whole tragedy. They only told their relatives briefly about it because they were too in grieves. Especially after they lost Mina's aunt, Mrs. Choi only sister who's only 22 years old. 

Mina looked so confused because she didn't know the existence of her aunt before. Well, actually she doesn't have any memory about the accident. She knew her parents, her brother but not her aunt. When she went out of her body, she was so confused but she understood the whole situation after a few weeks, but not the reason why. Mina sat down and massage her temple as if she had a headache. 

Taehyun noticed Mina and excused himself. He purposely touched the table beside them to give a signal to Mina. She followed him and they were behind the hospital. 

"Are you okay?" Taehyun being concern.

"I think.." Mina replied.

"What's wrong, Mina?" Taehyun asked again.

"That is the first time I found out about everything. I actually had an aunt and I didn't know that. I'm not blaming my parents but I should've known about it. Why can't I remember anything?" Mina said and her tears dropped.

Taehyun wiped her tears away and pulled her into a hug. He patted her back. "It's okay, it's not your fault, trust me. Everything happened for a reason and maybe this thing is normal, not remembering anything before the accident. It could happen to anyone. It's okay, don't cry." He comforted her and ran his long fingers through her hair.

Somehow, Mina felt at ease. She wanted the time to stop because for the first time, she felt everything was okay as long as Taehyun is there. She knew at that moment, she has fell for him. She wanted to wake up and hold Taehyun as long as she could. She wanted to say the magic words but she didn't has the guts, yet. Not now, she thought.

On the other side, Andrew was looking so busy jotting down as much information as he could. After Mr. Choi finished talking, he pressed the 'stop' button on his recorder and kept all this things in his briefcase. Then, Taehyun returned back to his seat.

"Do you want to see our Mina, Doctor?" Mrs. Choi offered him.

"Yes, I would like to." Andrew nodded and agreed. 

They got up and Mr. Choi led the way towards Mina's room. He opened the door for them and waited until all of them went in. 

"This is her, our beautiful Mina." Mr. Choi proudly said. Mrs. Choi smiled at her husband and hugged his arms. 

Mina smiled upon his parents and she didn't notice that Taehyun smiled at her.

"Wah, she looked so different, so alive." Andrew blurted out his words. Taehyun quickly looked at him and let out fake laugh. For the first time, Andrew looked panic and let out his fake laugh too.

"I mean, she looked lovely not like other patient. It's a compliment, though!" He corrected his word awkwardly. 

Andrew was right about it, that she looked more alive on the bed than the walking Mina. Mina chuckled at his remark and not feeling offended by it.

Andrew moved neared to Mina and whispered to her left ear. 

"Can you hear me? If yes, please nod." He told Mina. Mina did not look surprise and just nodded.

Mina moved beside Andrew. "A doctor and my brother did that for me once." She told him.

Andrew moved away and turned to Mina's confused parents. "A research said that our left ears are more sensitive to speech while our right ears are more sensitive to music. I didn't say anything bad to her, don't worry.

Mina's parents nodded and looked at Mina. "Thank you for that information. I will do that in the future." Mrs. Choi said.

"Thank you for today, Mr. and Mrs Choi. I received a lot of info about Mina. It will help me, I hope." Andrew said and bowed.

Mina's parents bowed back. "We should thank you because you're willing to help us. Call us if you need anything more." Mr. Choi said.

"You're welcome. I will get your number from Taehyun-ssi. Then, goodbye." Andrew smiled to both of them and bowed to Taehyun. Andrew left and as Taehyun was about to bid his goodbye, Mrs. Choi stopped him.

"We just want to know about the payment for Doctor Andrew." Mrs. Choi asked him. Mr. Choi kept on asking his wife to do it.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I've already taken care of everything." Taehyun assured them both.

"Aigoo, how could we just let you pay. It's our daughter and we're not being bad. Just that, we don't want to burden you." Mrs Choi replied.

"It's okay, Mrs Choi. I really want to help Mina, just think it's for Mina's sake." Taehyun smiled.

"If it's okay, may I know what's your real relationship with Mina? It's just that, we felt so weird that you only came after two years and suddenly wanted to help our Mina. It's not just merely a friend, right?" Mrs. Choi finally asked her real question from the start.

Taehyun was dumbfounded. What Mrs. Choi said was true, he came after two years and it was so sudden. Surely, it's not just a friend. He looked at Mina and Mina was also panic. He didn't know what to reply because everything could be ruin. I am so dead...