Song Mino

Sixth Sense

"Taehyun-ah, are you sure about helping her?" Her mother's voice sounded worried. She was unsure about Taehyun's choice on helping Mina because she was worried his son would be in trouble. One of the risks about having the gift is the spirit could possess someone and take over the body to live again. Losing Taehyun would be the end for her.

"Don't worry, mom." He gave a comforting smile.

Mina slowly opened the door without making any sound. She tried to see them through the door but they were too far so she tried to listen to them instead. She didn't mean to eavesdropping but her curiosity almost killed her.

"You said she's in coma state, how did you find her?" Mrs. Nam asked him.

Taehyun recalled the memory when he first met Mina, then he felt a sudden sadness in his heart. Because he committed a failed suicide. "She found me. I thought I need to help her, maybe because she looked so pitiful that time." He looked away from his mom's stare. He was scared to tell her that it was love that made him did it, he just knew it later.

"How old is she? How did she become coma? How about her parents?" Her questions made Mina grinned and she thought Mrs. Nam is a caring person.

"The same age as me. She got into an accident with her aunt but her aunt died after few days and I did met her parents. They are nice people." He explained. His mother nodded in response and glanced at Taehyun's room.

Mina saw Mrs. Nam and quickly went back in, thankfully, Mrs. Nam didn't notice of her presence. Mrs. Nam then walked towards Taehyun's room and knocked before entering. "It's me, Taehyun's mom. May I come in?" She asked politely.

"S-sure." 

Mrs. Nam turned the doorknob and entered. She gave Mina a motherly smile and took a seat beside her.

"How are you feeling?" Mrs. Nam took Mina's hand and slightly held her hand. 

Mina was overwhelmed with her question. She never asked herself how she really feel. "I'm.. I'm okay." She thought giving the cliché answer would be better than having to explain from A to Z.

"Other than that?" Mrs. Nam tried again.

Taehyun stood from far and left when he thought privacy was really needed at that moment. Before that, he slowly closed the door and tried to avoid the two women's attention on him. He walked towards the kitchen and have some snacks.

"I'm better these days because of Taehyun. He really helped me a lot and he gave me a lot of support." Mina let it all out and smiled at Mrs. Nam.

"I'm really glad. If you want to talk about something that Taehyun maybe wouldn't understand, if you know what I mean, I'm here. You can always treat me like your own mother." Mrs. Nam smiled at her and patted her hand.

Mina nodded and tried to hold her tears. She felt so happy and she was glad someone else is on her side. She was happier because she got herself another mother that she could rely on. She didn't realize until she found herself in Mrs. Nam's embrace. Mrs. Nam soothed her back and smiled secretly.

Meanwhile, Taehyun was so focus on watching the television while eating his snacks. His attention moved towards his mom and Mina when his mom took a seat beside him. 

"I was mistaken about her. She's a really sweet girl, you got yourself lucky, Taehyun-ah." His mother grinned teasingly at him and tapped his shoulder. Mina smiled blushly and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"Mom..." He faked his sulk and later chuckled at his mom's joke. 

Then, Mina excused herself as the night was getting darker and Mrs. Nam needed her sleep. She excused herself and left. Taehyun felt amused by it because in most situation, he would have to send her home and wait for her to go inside until she went in safely. He left it to his imagination and wish good night to his mother and went to bed. He got himself a huge project, thanks to the Korea's Supermodel, Park Bom. 

 

***

 

"So, how are you and Mina-ssi doing?" Mino asked in the middle of the photo shooting. 

As expected, Taehyun was not distracted by it. He politely, if that's possible, shoo-ed his hyung away and continued on doing his job professionally. Sometimes, he instructed the models to pose but most of the times, he would let them to create their own creativity on making the clothes stood out. Mino walked away later after receiving no replies from Taehyun. Jinwoo saw him and moved closer.

"How was it?" He curiously asked.

"He sent me away. I told you, he won't tell us." Mino replied with sulking tone. 

Jinwoo sighed and patted his arm.

"15 minutes break, okay?" Taehyun asked the General Manager. The latter nodded and told his models.

Taehyun walked towards his two hyungs with his eyes on the camera. He stood next to Mino and took Mino's drink. Mino glared at him and took back his drink before Taehyun could drink it. 

"Hyung!" Taehyun said in annoyance. 

"What?" Mino replied blankly. He drank his drink and pouted.

"What's with him?" Taehyun asked Jinwoo and the latter shrugged and he went to the editing section.

"What is it this time?" Taehyun asked casually. Mino frowned because it felt like he's the younger one.

"Nothing."

"Hyung~" Taehyun tried to console him but he couldn't remember what was his mistake. He poked Mino's arm but Mino kept his frowned.

"Is it something that I did? I'm sorry, hyung." He tried again but Mino didn't reply. He searched for Jinwoo for help but Jinwoo was nowhere to be seen.

"I'm sorry, hyung-ah. Song Mino, I'm really sorry. Therefore, you should tell me what I did wrong." Taehyun's attempt on persuading Mino was a success when Mino gave him a cup of coffee.

"You didn't think I would be a good friend?" Mino asked him in a serious tone. Taehyun raised his eyebrows and tilted his head.

"Why did you think so?" He sipped into his coffee carefully.

"You never answered my questions about Mina and you never directly told us about her. I thought we were buddies." He put down his cup and stared at Taehyun.

"It's just... very complicated. I would tell you if Mina and I's first meeting was normal. We just turned out that way and I wanted to tell you about it when the time is right. You guys found out in a very disappointing way and I'm very sorry for that." He sincerely apologized and patted Mino's shoulder apologetically.

"It's okay. I'm glad you told me now. I hope everything will go well for the two of you and tell me in advance before I got you drunk again." He jokingly said. They both chuckled and Jinwoo came.

"What's up?" He asked to the two of the male. They just stared at each other and laughed and left Jinwoo alone clueless about what was going on.