The Confession

Sixth Sense

"Did he survive?" Andrew asked.

Everyone was quiet. 

"No."

Taehyun frowned. "There could be other way right?" He nervously asked, his voice shaken.

"I do hope so, but Taehyun-ssi, the spirit doesn't have any control in their own body when they are alive. That's why spirits couldn't wake themselves up during comatose." Yunho explained.

"I think I can do it." Mina said while grabbing on Taehyun's arm. 

Both Andrew and Taehyun instantly looked at Mina. Taehyun sighed and looked down.

"Are you sure, Mina-ssi?" Andrew asked and Yunho looked at the invisible Mina.

She only managed to give a nod and looked at Taehyun. She knew he was worried about her but that was the opportunity they only have and it'd be a waste if they let it go. As weird as it sounds, Mina didn't have brain damage or whatsoever that caused her in coma. It had been cured by the doctors and that was why Mina's parents shed tears for her everyday. 

"Well then, can you explain to us how to do it?" Andrew asked his professor.

"Since Taehyun-ssi can see the spirits, that also indicates he can be the light for them. That's why spirits can spot people like you easily, you shine brighter than everyone else. But in the process of getting Mina, you should be careful of the other spirits. They are scary, very scary and would do anything to live again in this world. You should find her and grab her. Meanwhile, Mina-ssi should find the light and follow him. It's easier said than done though cause you should have enough energy to enter this world, that is your desire." Yunho looked at both of them.

It's funny how Mina can feel he was looking straight into her eyes, that was when she realized why Andrew admired him so much. 

"I think I can do it. I'm sure." Mina said. 

Taehyun was silent. He was scared of losing her and he didn't confess to her yet. His mind was blurry and he could feel his head aching. It was that hurt, because losing someone you love is death. 

"Taehyun-ssi? Are you okay?" Andrew asked in concern tone.

Taehyun regained his consciousness and nodded. His jaw tightened and he tried to breath properly.

"Well then, just call me when you want to do it. I'd be happy to help you guys out and this time, I'll do well." Yunho stood and patted Andrew's arm.

"Okay, professor. I'll call you later." Andrew bowed 90 degrees and smiled proudly.

Mina looked at Taehyun in concern and patted his shoulder. Andrew glanced at both of them and decided to leave since they both needed the privacy. He took his things and waved at Mina. 

"Hey..." Mina looked at him.

He glanced at her and smiled. "Hey." 

"I'll be fine. Everything will be fine." Mina said.

"Yeah." He straightened his back and looked at Mina.

"Don't worry, hmm?" She tilted her head and held his hand.

Taehyun grasped her hand and looked at it. He was thinking what will happen if she was gone. He would never hold her hand again, he would never see her smile again. Mina, Mina, Mina. That was all in his mind.

"I- I'm scared, Mina. I'm scared." He stared into her pretty eyes. They looked so real.

"It's okay. I know, I'm scared too. But this is the only chance we have." She sighed.

"What if things go wrong? What if you can't find me and I can't find you?" 

"Things would never go wrong. As long as it's you, I'm fine." She confessed and slightly blush.

Taehyun broke into a smile and took her in his embrace.

"Mina?"

"Yeah?" She responded and soothed his back.

"I think... I love you." His heartbeat fastened and it hurt.

Mina smiled and her heart beat in unison with Taehyun's. "Me too."

They grinned sheepishly and happily. 

"By the way, you smelled like heaven."

Mina bit her lips; tried not to kiss him.

 

***

 

Taehyun knocked on the door twice and stepped back. He sighed and fixed his outfit. He was feeling extra nervous today because he came as Mina's boyfriend and to her parents, her ex. He fixed his hair and tried to look as gentleman as he could to give a good impression on her parents, especially her dad. 

The door opened and revealed Mina's mom. She smiled brightly and Taehyun could only smiled nervously.

"Come in, come in." She invited him and Mina chuckled. Her mom would repeat her words if she's excited.

Taehyun came inside and his eyes fixed on Mina's father. He was reading the newspaper and eating his apples. Taehyun bowed and smiled at him but he only nodded. 

"I'm glad you came. I'm really sorry if you feel burden about this but we couldn't just leave her alone. I know the doctors and nurses would be here but there are a lot of patients in this hospital and what if she fell down or what if she woke up? You'll understand, right Taehyun-ah?" She said with pleading eyes.

"It's fine, really. I didn't have anything to do today." He calmed her down. He was actually happy when Mrs. Choi called him to take care of Mina for a while since they were going to Mina's brother football tournament and it felt that they trusted him.

Mrs. Choi smiled and grabbed her things. She glanced at Mina for a while and smiled. Mr. Choi told her to go first because he wanted to talk to Taehyun. Mrs. Choi agreed and went outside.

"I believe you're a good man just like what Mina's mom has said. So I gave full responsibility to you until we came home. Got it?" He warned to scare him. He was really worried about Mrs. Choi's decision but he was more worried about his daughter. So he decided to trust Taehyun.

"I wouldn't do anything that would disappoint both of you. I'll take care of her." Taehyun lowered his gaze and bowed. 

Mr. Choi left the room and followed his wife. Taehyun looked at Mina and smiled. He took a seat and Mina sat in front of him.

"It wasn't that bad, right?" She asked.

"It was good." He smiled.

"Aren't you hungry?" She asked again.

"Starving." He grinned.

Mina chuckled and walked towards the fridge. She took out two apples and took them to the sink. She washed the apples and suddenly she felt something behind her.

Taehyun wrapped his arms  on Mina's waist and nuzzled his face in her neck. Mina was shocked from his action but remained calm. She smiled to herself and let him be. She shivered when she felt his breathe against her skin. She had finished washing the apples but stayed on her position because she never knew when will she feel it again.

Maybe not.