14

Winter Angel

Oh my god you guys it's the last chapter. What is coherency I am so happy urgh ide what is this feeling. 

Thank you so, so much to all my readers. I couldn't have gone through this entire story without all 80 of you. You don't know how much you guys mean to me. 

... Take it. I don't want it any more. TT_TT

 

 

Two years had passed. Time flew for both of them, and they had both found happiness, even without each other. She wore the ring that Myungsoo had entrusted to Hoya, and it was proudly glinting in the sunlight. Myungsoo had Jangmi’s noted folded and tucked carefully into his pocket. They had a piece of each other, and it was enough for them.

 

Jangmi was walking around the park, enjoying the warmth that radiated from the sun with her camera in hand as she took pictures of anything and everything. She didn’t do Photography for a living all the time as Myungsoo did, but rather, it was a favorite past time of hers, and she occasionally got offers to be the photographer for some magazines and companies. Also, it reminded her of him. She kept Myungsoo alive in her for as long as she clicked the shutter of the very camera she held. She did all this as the man in mind watched her from a distance, his own camera in hand. Even though every shot he took of her was in vain and always came out without her figure in it because – damn the Fates – he was hopeful that one day, at least one picture would come out with her beautiful smiling face.

 

She had coped with her loss and instead lived her life well by getting up on her feet and making herself happy. With the guidance and support from Sungyeol, Moonsoo, most especially Hoya, she made the most out of her life. With her mother’s spirit by her side and Myungsoo’s ring on her finger, she was ready to conquer the world. She made new friends, got a good job with high pay as a part time photographer and model, moved out of her old  apartment and into a bigger, much more spacious apartment with her old friend Kara, and new found best friend Ashley, who she ran into at the airport when she got back from one of the shoots that took her out of town, looking hopelessly lost. She helped her out, they became fast friends, she introduced her to Kara and they became an inseparable trio.

 

All this ran through her mind, and smile made its way to her face as she took a shot of a child laughing as she played in the water of the pond. She brought the camera back to her eyes as the child ran over to her and began doing ridiculous yet extremely adorable poses in front of her, and she laughed heartily as she took picture after picture.

 

Myungsoo found himself smiling as well. It took a long time to adjust to human life but he had made it through. On days that he didn’t have work, he followed her around, watched over her and discreetly (but it wouldn’t count; she wouldn’t see him anyway) helped her with her troubles. He brought the camera up to his eyes and took a clear shot of her smiling face, beautifully lit by the sun at a perfect angle. For the first time ever as he brought his camera down to check on his pictures, he saw her face in the shot. She smiled up at him from the tiny screen, and he felt his insides warming up, and he found himself truly happy.

 

Myungsoo continued to watch as she played with the children, took occasional pictures and laughed like nothing was wrong with the world. He knew that she had found her paradise. But despite that, he would always be there, waiting for those moments when she’d need him. He would be there for her. He could go through life as long as she was happy.

 

With or without his wings.

 

*

 

 

And that, is the end of Winter Angel, the extended version of An Angel. Words cannot describe how happy I am that I managed to finish this. I'm so sorry for everything that I possibly did wrong as an author. For ing about Plagiarism, letting sicknesses get in the way of my updating.... Just... Thank you. 

 

BUT!

 

Here is a bonus ending. It takes place many years in the future. You know, another lifetime. ;) Enjoy!

 

 

*

 

“Good work today, Kim Jangmi!” The director smiled as he patted her on the back, smiling fondly at her. “You’re really getting the hang of these photo shoots. You’ll be an even better photographer in the future. I’m betting on you!”

 

Jangmi bowed politely with a smile on her face as she packed up her equipment. Once all her things were neatly placed in the right bags, she put them away into her parked car in the basement. Just as she was about to get in the driver’s seat, she remembered that she left her tripod in the studio.


“Damn,” She muttered under her breath, locking her car and running back into the building. She was in a hurry because she promised to meet her cousin, Sunny, in a café at five in the afternoon. It was about fifteen minutes away, and it was already half past four.

 

Jangmi raced up the stairs, but before she could take another step, she bumped into a young man, and he dropped his cup off coffee, the dark liquid spilling on the floor near them.

 

“Oh my goodness!” Jangmi exclaimed. “I’m so sorry! Are you alright?” She picked the cup off the floor, intending to throw it in the nearby trash can when she looked up and met his eyes.

 

There’s something undeniably familiar about how his eyes glinted, and how the corner of his lips curled up into a crooked, yet adorable smile. “It’s not a problem. Although, perhaps you’d like to replace the cup you spilled?” He said with a slight smirk, eyes lighting up. “Well,” She replied as she threw the cup. “I was headed for a café after this.” The tripod was completely forgotten. “Perhaps you’d like to come along? I’ll buy you another cup then.”

 

“Well, alright.” He said. She led the way back down stairs and to her car. “By the way,” She held her hand out. “I’m Kim Jangmi. I’m an assistant photographer at this company.” He took her hand, giving it a light shake. “I’m Lee Myungsoo.” He introduced himself, but for some reason, Jangmi already knew his name. “I’m one of the company’s newest models.” She smiled. This scenario felt so familiar. So familiar, that she couldn’t help but ask this:

 

“I’m sorry, but have we met before?”

 

*

 

This won't be the last you will see of me! Stay tuned, because some time, I'll begin with another chaptered fic. Soon, I'll be posting a short story here as well, and I have a few one shots in the making. 

 

I'd like to say thank you to every one of you. Especially to the following, who have never failed to show me their continuous support and showering me in their love:

 

 

prisena 
 
wanqiloh 
 
DSFVKLS 
 
omo904 
 
applepearles
 
jelly143 
 
smileysgoboing 
 
Winter-Snow 
 
hojuwonchan 
 
minmirocks 
 
lalalalala 
 
nfarahain 
 
janale6 (by the way, I don't mind that you don't comment much. the one comment that you did post made my day :) )
 
kmjcsd 
 
kajaaa_chaia 
 
brightlightz 
 
nerdss 
 
pigrabbitlove 
 
kaychi 
 
koreangurl246
 
theultimatedodo 
 
WindsOfBetrayal 
 
Cookie_Moonstar 
 
moodymoot14 
 
faith-love 
 
FoeverB2UTY 
 
 
and to the very first commentor/subscriber of this story, -xMomo!
 
Also, the the rest of my subscribers. Although you were silent readers, I'm still  very thankful for you because you read my story, and I hope you enjoyed!
 
shimmycocopuffs 
 
honeycocomochi 
 
chrlene 
 
janice697 
 
fxluna 
 
joanne_960605 
 
Lee_Hani 
 
ffsaddict001 
 
Pandapinky19 
 
shinchaeyoung 
 
spicychurros 
 
miss-starshine 
 
fyeahswaggstar 
 
xLaLoveYhu 
 
nikkayyheyy 
 
doodlemushroom 
 
BitterSweetx3 
 
Sun_YuRi 
 
Myungsoo
 
HottestInspirit 
 
ELFINSPIRIT95 
 
i_spoke_with_u 
 
icecream-whatever 
 
BubbleSeraph 
 
Fatiniloveonew 
 
HyunAh 
 
oranghead 
 
Shawol_Inspirit 
 
nicmarie 
 
PeanutButter188 
 
PinkMarygoldDreams 
 
coconfrienz 
 
-Ashley- 
 
KimiTenshi 
 
cecilistic97 
 
JENNNNNY_STAR 
 
MarshyxMellow
 
WritingIsLife 
 
koreasujufan 
 
ailee10397 
 
yume9111 
 
shinelikeastar 
 
cnicole 
 
Ichigo_Pocky8 
 
Kimmy95 
 
xXJulietteXx 
 
krispajaron
 
kimkoo 
 
mochiface 
 
cherylHEARTSkyu 
 
jansis 
 
dreamIngstar 
 
chillaay 
 
I still cannot believe that applepearles and pigrabbitlove are subscribed to me ;_____; I admire both of your work so much! I love both your stories and it's such an honor that you even bothered to look, much less read and subscribe to my story.
 
Even to my unsubscribers, thank you for staying with the first few chapters. I'm sorry that you lost interest. I should've done a better job.
 
To future readers, I hope that you will enjoy/have enjoyed this story. 
 
Once again, thank you so much for reading Winter Angel. I love you all! I will post on your walls to reply to the comments that will be posted after this chapter. Now checking 'Mark Story Complete'. Thank you, again!
 
If you guys have any questions, or if you just want to for the heck of it, follow me on twitter @meeheeroo
 
 
-Mela <3