The evaluation

As An Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jooeun was distracted the whole day. United Korea Media will be having their monthly evaluation this evening and Jooeun will be doing it alone for the first time. Usually she was assigned to do it with other three trainees, taking it as a hint that she will be debuting in a four member girl group but when the company announced that they will jumble up the existing groups for a new girl group to debut soon (soon in this company could mean 5 years later), competition, more like, war, was declared among the trainees. Everyone was desperate to debut, to finally achieve their dream. Not knowing the reason why, she was the only one left out while everyone has their own group. As long as she was not kicked out, she was okay with it, although she was quite nervous about being alone.

 

“Yah, do you know that there is someone in this school is a trainee?” Baekhyun interrupted. Jooeun dropped her kimbap and looked at him.

 

“Duh, of course it is you” Jiwoo scoffed. “No, besides me of course, why would I tell you something you already know” Baekhyun said.

 

Jooeun fidgeted in her seat. “And do you know the best part is? She is one of the most intense company, United Korea Media!” Baekhyun smacked the table, emphasizing the ‘United Korea Media’ part. “Daebak!” Jiwoo gasped.

 

“Really, who?” the student in front Jooeun turned around and joined in the conversation. “She must be super talented and super smart! I heard that it is very difficult to get into that company, Baekhyun, did you apply for the company?” the student asked Baekhyun. “I tried, but once I hand in my latest exam result, I failed” his eyes went up, remembering the time he wanted to apply for one.

 

Jooeun covered as she was eating the kimbap and smiled. “Jooeun, you have to help me find that person” Baekhyun looked at her. “Wha-what?! Why would I, and why would you want to know who she is if she wanted to keep it as her privacy?” she said.

 

The three of them looked at her. “What?” she blinked “I mean, maybe she didn’t want anyone to know?” Jooeun looked at her kimbap and picked it up. “Right, Baek, you better focus on your debut and studies like the United Korea Media’s trainees.” The student said.

 

“I should’ve went to the third floor yesterday, ah, what a waste” he moaned.

 

The classes today were not stressful as most of the period was about doing exercises, self study and group study. Jooeun quietly practiced during self study. She took out her personal notebook which contains most of her activity as a trainee and went through the lyrics. Thinking about this evening made her hands tremble. She is going to be in front of the judges alone, just like during her audition, only more nerve wrecking because the trainees will be watching. Of course, she had an amazing audition but she didn’t know if she could do it again since she was stressed out with the upcoming finals.

 

As soon as the bell rang, she quickly packed her stuff and sling the bag on her shoulder. Before Jiwoo and Baekhyun could say anything, she already dashed out of the class.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Jiwoo said. “Bye Jiwoo, bye guys” Baekhyun waved at the whole class before leaving. “Bye ByunbBaek” the boys in the class said.

 

 

By the time Jooeun arrived, she had an hour to get ready. She had her hands on her knees and breathed heavily. She chugged down on her water bottle and wiped off the beads of sweat on her forehead. After changing to comfortable clothes, she took out the lyrics and went to the individual room to practice alone. It is a small room for trainees to practice alone, probably not suitable for a claustrophobic.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter