SM Town

As An Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her whole body ache after she realized she’s still in the recording room. The sound of mouse clicking and keyboard typing were the first thing she heard after waking up from her nap. She lied down for a few minutes and grabbed her phone on the coffee table when something landed on the floor.

 

Jooeun frowned and picked up the fabric. She tucked the strands of her hair that made its way to her face. It was a black jacket and certainly belongs to a man.

 

“Oh, sorry I didn’t wake you up. You looked like you needed one” the sound director said as he continued cutting and editing on Harriet’s song. Jooeun blinked her eyes and looked back at the lifeless thing in her hand.

 

“Was I cold?” she asked. “Oh, that jacket is EXO Baekhyun’s. The featuring artist is him and he lend you his jacket because yeah, it was quite chilly in here” he turned around and pointed at the jacket.

 

Her gaze looked up at the mention of Baekhyun. She was quite taken aback and still couldn’t believe that Baekhyun wanted to feature in her album after what had happened between them. She was dumbfounded for a second before the sound director said played the song that they were working on earlier today and wrapped up for recording.

 

With the jacket on her hand and confusion washed her mind away from reality, Jooeun climbed up the stairs as if she was hesitating to take the next step. Thousands of metaphors ran in her head by the single action of Baekhyun lending her his jacket. It could be just a simple gesture or has other meanings like; I’m sorry or I miss you or anything. Surely Jooeun couldn’t fathom what he wanted to say but if he’s trying to tell her that he misses her, he misses their friendship, then Jooeun would surely say the same. She wanted to see the smiley Baekhyun again. The one that’ll always pull pranks on her despite knowing that she’ll rant about it for days. The one that’ll always be by her side no mater how tough life is.

 

Upon reaching to the floor she was heading to, she received a message from her manager telling her to go to the meeting room. Thank goodness the meeting room was on the floor where she is at.

 

“Hello” Jooeun bowed as she pulled the glass door open, revealing artists of the same company greeting her back. She walked to an empty seat and pulled out the chair. “Why are we here?” Jooeun asked the person next to her. “I heard that we are joining SM Town” he said, almost whispering, to her. Jooeun’s mouth formed an ‘O’ shape and nodded, thanking him for the piece of information although she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter