Jungwon High School

As An Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

High school is just like any other phase in Jooeun’s life. Study, train, study, train and the cycle goes on and on and on. She had her first evaluation and the thought of doing it monthly made her cringed. The most hateful part of being a trainee. Jooeun was given a few months before she moved in to the dorms since she still needs to focus on her studies.

“Eomma, I’ll go first" she said after kissing her mother’s cheeks. She wanted to appreciate the times she was getting before she become an ‘official’ trainee.

“Okay, oh wait, pass this to Baekhyun" her mother passed her a paper bag filled with his favorite sandwiches "Baekhyun's mom told me that Baekhyun forgot to take his breakfast".

With a nod, she slipped on her school shoes and closed the door. The first autumn in her final year as a school student. The thought of not wearing a school uniform anymore excites her. Jooeun smiled and hummed to the song she had been practicing. Her vocal trainer told her that she should sing a higher note so she had been singing to most of Beyonce’s songs. She did a little spin as she approached her school. As soon as she arrived, she saw Baekhyun and passed him the paper bag.

“Oh yeah, food” he danced and opened it. “Wah, why aren’t you as charming as your mom?” he said earning a glare from her. “Let’s go to class, we’re gonna be late” she walked to their destination.

Halfway through the class, the teacher closed his books and started to talk about things unrelated to the subject.

"Oh yeah, I just remembered, now students, I, as the musical club teacher would like to inform you guys that the musical club is opening an audition for the school's band. If any of you are interested, come to the music room after school and show us what you got. Audition will be held for two weeks so don't worry you guys got time to practice before attending the audition" suddenly, the whole class turned into a crowd.

"Okay, okay, guys calm down, back to learning" the teacher continued.

Everyone talked about it when they left the class. Jooeun, too, was considering but being a trainee is already stressful, she didn’t want to take more stress.

"Hey Jooeun, aren't you excited?" Jiwoo nudged her arm with a big smile plastered on her face.

"Excited for what?" confused, she looked at her. "For the audition duh" she chuckled. "Oh...why would I be excited?" she opened her locker and place half of the books from her bag inside.

"Aren't you going to audition?" a huge disappointment hit Jiwoo.

"No" Jooeun gave her a cold answer making Jiwoo looked at her. "But you are so good in singing! Remember when you told the whole class that your hobby is singing in 2nd grade!" oh how Jooeun hate remembering those memories because she once made it clear that she won’t be a singer and only doing it as a hobby but now she is a trainee for four years in a joint venture of the three big companies in South Korea.

"Jiwoo, if it's between surviving in high school and pursuing my wants, not much of an option" she hated lying when actually, she was doing both.

She closed her locker, hoping that she won’t bring up any of these ‘singing’ talk. Jiwoo fastened her pace and walked at Jooeun’s side.

"But really, aren't you going to show them your talent? You know the only ones who knew that you can sing here are Baekhyun and I" she glanced at Jooeun. "Nah" Jooeun shrugged.

Hearing a sigh came out of her friend's mouth, she smiled apologetically. Jooeun should’ve told her friends that she is a trainee but being the school’s hope to excel academically and the good student she is, the thought of them not accepting her to be one scares her. It’s not like she cared about what other people say. She was very serious about studying hard and be someone who works for a corporate company, but when she wavered and thought back of what she really wants,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter