Kids

As An Idol
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year 1997

 

Jooeun rushed to the main entrance and saw her mom waiting for her with a big smile when she saw her only daughter after a long day.

"Eomma!" she screamed happily and jumped into her mother’s embrace. "Oh, someone's happy" her mother tapped her nose and kissed her cheek.

"Eomma! I learned how to make birds out of paper today!" she clasped her hand and showed her masterpiece. "You mean, origami?" her mother asked her, taking a guess of by what she meant ‘birds out of paper.

"Um, what's that?" she scratched your head and frowned. "Well, your 'bird out of paper' is called origami" her mother smiled as they walked to the car. "Ooh" she made a round shape mouth.

As a five years old, Jooeun was quite smart. While other five-year-olds play with barbies and stuffs, she enjoyed playing with abacus more. She also like solving math problems in her workbook. Her parents were very proud of her when she won the abacus competition last year. Being the only child, she gets all the love and attention from her parents.

She easily makes new friends and new acquaintances but, her best friend is always, no other than Byun Baekhyun. How did both of them met? Well, Jooeun and Baekhyun have been friends since diapers. They often have a play date since Jooeun’s and Baekhyun’s mom used to attend the same university. Now that they live in the same neighborhood, sometimes his mother would come over and would bring Baekhyun along to have Jooeun a company since she doesn’t have any siblings.

During Christmas or her birthday, Baekhyun’s parents would always give Jooeun presents and the same thing goes to her parents. They’d buy presents for Baekhyun and his brother.

Jooeun got off the car and ran inside the house looking for her father. Her school bag barely hanging on her shoulders, any minute by now they’d fall down.

"Appa! Appa, where are you?" she said as she placed her bag on the couch and looked around the living room. "Oh, Joo Eun, you’re back? Appa is here in the kitchen" her father said, busy with the knives.

"Appa! I made this earlier at school!" she smiled and handed him the origami, hyped at her first time making one since she was always busy adding and subtracting numbers.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter