Chemistry? Part 6

Stuck Between Two

     He stepped inside and examined the entire foyer. "Nice place. Where are we studying at?"

          "Right in there." I closed the front door and pointed towards the living room doorway. "We'll be in the living room, if that's okay with you."

          "Fine by me." He smiled and headed towards the room with his books clutched tight in his hands.

     I followed behind him and pointed to the bowl of chips on the coffee table. "I have some--"

          "Snacks!" Baekhyun interrupted me and dug his hand into the bowl. "I haven't eaten all day." He grabbed a hand full of chips and sat down on the couch.

          "I'll go get some drinks." I walked over to the the kitchen, which was only a few feet away and swung opened the freezer door.

     The sodas were nice and cold, in fact they were so cold that they started to burn in my hands, before I knew it the sodas were swirling around the floor, spraying its contents all over the kitchen. Baekhyun hopped up form the couch and hurried over to the disaster that was taking place.

          "You are such a klutz." he laughed and grabbed a few sheets of paper towels from the rack and then got on his knees and started wiping up all of the ice cold soda from the floor while I placed the fizzing cans into the kitchen sink.

          "You don't have to help, I got it." I grabbed the dish towel and kneeled down with Baekhyun.

     He placed his hand over mine and slipped the towel away from me. "No, I got it. You just go get cleaned up." He smiled and my heart dropped.

     I couldn't even get words out of my mouth. Byun Baekhyun literally made me speechless.

     I did as I was told and rushed upstairs to change my soda drenched shirt. Wouldn't it be seductive if I came downstairs wearing an oversized button up dress shirt? I mean, girls did it all the time in movies but then I quickly remember Baekhyun had no romantic intrest in me and let's face it, I wasn't Lee Hyori. The y shirt idea was quickly tossed out the window as I grabbed my old volleyball sweatshirt and slipped it over my head. Yeah, this wasn't exactly the look I was going for but hey, there weren't that many looks that I could actually pull off.

     When I was done changing, I made my way downstairs and into my living room where Baekhyun was patiently waiting for me. He had the bowl of chips on one of the couch cushions and his book on his lap, actually reading it.

         "All changed." I smiled and propped down on the oppisite side of the couch.

     Baekhyun looked up from his book and smirked. "Looking good."

     Aw, he's so sweet even though I knew he was lying through his teeth.

           "Ready?" He flipped opened his notebook to the page of notes he had taken at yesturday's session. "I think we need to learn about compounds now."

           "Um, yeah." I forced a smile and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

      It was apparent that the only thing Baekhyun came over to my house was to in fact, study. Yes, I was hoping that maybe he'd tell me to forget the studying and head to the beach or even watch some TV but I didn't get any of that. We ended up studying for an hour. That's right, a whole sixty damn minutes. Well, that's until my front door opened.

           "________!" My moms voice echoed throughout the house and a wave of embarrassment washed over me. "Can you help me bring the bags in, sweetheart?"

           "Sure, mom." I slowly sat up from the couch and pulled my sleeves of my sweatshirt over my hands. "I'm sorry, I'll be right back."

           "Not a problem." Baekhyun slammed his book shut and stood up alongside me. "I'll help."

           "Sorry I took so long back. I made a little stop at Etude House." The clacking of my mom's heels against the wood floors got loader as she made her way to the living room. "I bought you these really cute little pads with patterns on them."

     Oh god, kill me now.

           "I hope you actually use them." She came to a halt when she saw Baekhyun and I standing in the room. "You know, I really wish you'd tell me when you're having company."

     I couldn't even say anything to her. I was too embarrassed to talk or move for that matter.

     My mom placed a brown bag on the floor and walked over to Baekhyun with her hand extended. "Hi, sweetie. I'm _______'s mom, it's nice to meet you."

           "I'm Byun Baekhyun and the pleasure is all mine." Baekhyun shook her and bowed with a smile.

           "Byun Baekhyun, the football player?" My mom raised her eyebrow, seeming slightly impressed.

           "That's me." He smiled again and realeased my mom's hand. "I'm gonna go help with those bags. You ladies can finish having your girl talk." He looked over his shoulder and winked at me as he headed out of the room.

     Once I heard the front door open, I placed my hands over my face and groaned in them. "I can't believe you talked about pads."

           "I can't believe you have a star football player over." She streched her neck to look around the corner for Baekhyun. "What's going on with him?"

           "He's just a guy that I'm tutoring for extra credit." I said.

           "Are you going to ask him out?" She asked.

     I finally moved my hands away from my face and glared at her. "Come on, do I really look like his type?"

           "Yes!" My mom beamed.

           "You're only saying that because you have to." I pouted.

           "Ask him out, ________. What's the worst that can happen?"

     Um, everything. Getting rejected by Byun Baekhyun would crush me.

           "I think I got all of them." Baekhyun walked through the living room with his arms full of paper bags. "Where do I put them?"

     My mom pointed to the kitchen with her perfectly manicured finger. "Right over there, honey. Thank you." She walked over to me and placed her hand on my back giving me a slight push towards the kitchen.

     I looked at her over my shoulder and mouthed. "What?"

           "Ask him!" She whisper screamed.

     I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. There was no way I was asking him out and even if I wanted to, the words just simply wouldn't come out of my mouth.

           "Hey, I think I'm gonna head back home now." Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck and began walking out of the kitchen. "I told my dad I'd watch the game with him."

           "Oh, okay." I half smiled and couldn't help but to think he was lying.

           "You're coming to the pep rally tomorrow, right? He asked.

           "Um," I paused, trying to figure out which excuse I should use.

           "Of course she is!" My mom chimed in. "________ loves pep rallies."

     Baekhyun smiled and grabbed his book from the couch. "I'll see you there."

     I couldn't believe my mom had just volunteered me to go to pep rally. I hate those things. All the cheering and weird games just give me a headache. And you know the worst part of these rallies? There are people there. Lot's and lots of people. I do not do well around large groups of people.

          "thanks for helping me, ________ and it was nice meeting you Mrs. Kim." Baekhyun smiled and started head out of the room.

          "You too!" My mom shouted as he dissapeared into the hallway.

     I waited to hear the front door shut and quickly turned to my mom. "Why did you say that?"

          "I'm just trying to help you out." She walked to the kitchen and began taking the groseries out of the bags.

          "I don't need help, mom." I sighed.

          "Just go to pep rally and have some fun." She smiled and placed her hand on her hip. "You deserve to have a good time."

     Maybe my mom was right. It was time for me to have some fun and stop being boring _______. Although I had I slight fear of being around a large amount of people at a time, I would it up and go to that pep rally and have a good time. I was determined to make Baekhyun see that wasn't some prissy, plain girl. Once he saw that I could let loose and have a good time, maybe he'll come over to my house again and this time we won't be studying. (BTW! this is not what most of you guys are thinking. It's more like hanging out, watching movies that type of thing)

          Friday - November 27th

      My anxiety was starting to grow as I made my way to the gym during lunch period that afternoon. Bora and Suzy were extremely surprised when I told them I wanted to attend today's pep rally, considering that they knew I absolutely hated these things. But I knew hidden behind my friends shock was pure excitement. They have always begged me to watch just a few minutes of the rally wit hthem but I always declined the offer. And since I wouldn't go, they couldn't go. I mean, they could go but they were too good of friends just to leave me in the cafeteria while they go watch a bunch of cheerleaders and mascots run around the basketball courts.

          "I hope we don't miss the dance routines." Bora said clinging onto my arm.

          "What's so special about dances?" I asked.

          "Are you serious?" Suzy snapped. "Our dance teams are the best in Korea. I've only been here for two months and even I know that."

     I ignored Suzy's comments and concentrated on how many feet we were away from the opened gym doors. The loud cheering of the majority of the student body grew louder with each step we took. My heart started race and my plams felt like they were dripping sweat. Just the thought of being surrounded by all those people scared me unlike anything else.

          "I changed my mind." I stopped walking but Bora was pulling me by my arms towards the doors. "I can't do this." My red toms slid across the tile floors as I tried to protest.

          "Oh, come on!" Suzy grabbed my other arm and pulled me through the gym doors.

     A line of students stood on one side of the basketball court while the other line stood on the other. Among the line of students were the football players standing around laughing as if this was something they did every day. There was one football jersey that stood out to me and that was number 26, Byun. Baekhyun looked so good wearing his fitted blue jersey, which was really bright. But what the hell was he doing on the court?

           "Go!" The loud shriek of a wistle pierced my ears and the line of students started to throw rings around the jocks necks.

     Was this honestly their ideal of entertainment?

           "Let's get a better view." Suzy pushed through a group of people and made her way towards the bleachers as Bora and I trailed behind.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

OH MY GOSH! We are almost finished this chapter and we can celebrate! When it's finished Jungkook will make an appearance :P SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW! So much writing..It scares me that I can actually write this much :P ANYWAYS! HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS PART! BYE!