Chemistry? Part 3

Stuck Between Two

     I ended the call and leaned against the wall, feeling a bit uncertain about what to do. I wanted to ride with Baekhyun but something was telling me that maybe this wasn't the best idea. What am I talking about? This is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. Of course it's the best idea. I quickly shook the negative thoughts out of my head and reententered the lab.

           "Did you talk things out with your mom?" Baekhyun asked while chewing his pen cap.

           "Yeah, she's totally okay with you taking me home." I lied.

           "Sweet." He smiled and flipped a page in his book. "I believe we're on Chapter 3: Ions."

     My brain was hurting by the end of the tutoring session and I honestly didn't think I could make it through another chemistry call ever again. Baekhyun and I had reviewed five whole chapters in three hours and I'm sure his brain was just exhausted as mine. The clock above the chalkboard read 6:30 and I couldn't believe that I was actually at school this late. The cleaners had even came and started cleaning up the room. That's how late it was.

     After we had packed up our work, Baekhyun and I exited the school and walked through the carparking lot behind the building. The sun was nearly done setting, leaving the sky cascade of violet and pink, which looked absolutely stunning with the thin layers of clouds floating through. The bright field lights nearly blinded us as they lit up the perfect manicured grass the girls soccer team was playing on. I trailed a few steps behind Baekhyun, trying my best to give him some space and not look too clingy, especially with all the beautiful athletic girls around.

           "Here we are." Baekhyun pressed the unlock button on his alarm and a black Honda Accord's headlights flashed. His car was sleek and simple. I loved it.

     I opened the car door and slid into the passengers seat, carefully observing in the interior without making it too obvious. Baekhyun's car was surprisingly very clean. To be honest, I was expecting it to be filled with smelly football gear and a ton of empty beer cans scattered across the floor but it was the exact opposite. The black leather seats were in perfect condition, almost like he wiped them down every day. A gray and blue lanyard with Baekhyun's school ID picture hung from the rearview mirror along with a coconut scented air freshener. Old burger stand receipts were placed in one of the cup holders while a half empty water bottle sat in the other. And that's it. I know, I was expecting a lot more than that too.

          "All set?" Baekhyun asked as he threw his backpack into the backseat and started the engine.

          "yup." I buckled my seatbelt and leaned back in the seat, preparing myself for this ride.

          "So what side of town do you live on?" Baekhyun looked over his shoulder and started backing out of the parking space. "Do you live around here?"

          "Um," I pulled my sleeves of my navy blue cardigan over my hands and look out the window. "I live to the south of here."

     The car stopped and I could see Baekhyun looking at me from the corner of my eye. I knew I should have let my mom pick me up. See, we live around is divided into three sections and I don't live in the part where the majority of my classmates live. The high school I go to consists of Middle Class, Upper-Middle Class, and Wealthy areas. I"m fortunate enough to live in the Upper-Middle Class area but I rarely told anyone that I lived there.

           "You live on that side?" Baekhyun asked.

           "Yeah, I know it's kind of far but--"

           "It's only fifteen minutes away, five if we take the freeway." He took his foot off the brake and the car slowly started making it's way through the parking lot. "I have a question."

           "If you live around the south then why do you go to to school here?" Baekhyun looked at me and then back at the road we are now driving down. "Shouldn't you be going to some private school or something?"

           "Not necessarily." I tucked a lock of brown hair behind my ear. "I've seen a few kids from my neighborhood at our school."

           "Oh." Baekhyun nodded his head and leaned back in his seat, placing only one hand on the wheel. "I have another question."

      What's up with him and these questions?

           "Do you play any sports?" He asked, smiling.

           "I used to play Volleyball but I had to stop." I said.

           "Why?"

           "My dad said it was cutting into my academics." I sighed without even realizing it.

           "He sounds a bit strict. Did he go to a good college or something?"

           "He went to America to study and he went to Harvard."

           "Damn." Baekhyun laughed and ran his fingers through his short brown hair. "What is he? Like, a doctor or something?"

           "A lawyer."

           "Like a small claims lawyer or the ones that defend celebrities?"

           "He does private cases for corporate companies and CEO's. You know, that type of stuff." i said.

           "Sounds like daddy brings home a lot of money." Baekhyun smirked.

     I laughed. "Not even."

     Okay, so I lied but I mean, I had to. There was no way I was going to let Baekhyun think my dad brought home big dollars, even though he did. Our family didn't start getting "a lot of money" until my dad made partner at his firm two years ago, making him the youngest partner in the firm's history.

           "On the lighter note, what kind of music do you like?" Baekhyun asked.

           "I like pretty much anything but mainly acoustic." I smiled, extremely proud of my taste in music.

           "Acoustic, eh?" He looked at me a smiled. "I play the guitar so maybe you'll like some of my music."

      Since when did he play the guitar? I've listened to almost every conversation this guy has had in class and I've never once heard him mention a guitar.

           "Do you sing?" I asked.

           "Yeah." He laughed and sat up in his seat as he made his way towards the freeway exit. "I've tried writing music but I don't have lot of inspiration these days. You know what I mean?"

           "You can't just go looking for inspiration, you have to let it come to you." I smiled.

           "Exactly." Baekhyun came to a complete stop at the stop sign and looked down each street.

           "Make a right and go down the road. I'm the second house from the end." I said.

     He did as I said as I said but the car travelled a lot slower than it did before. "I'd love to live around here."

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

OKAY GUYS! HEY! So I basically just relised my chapters go on forever so all the chapters will be divided into seperate parts. K? I know it's weird but I have to tell you I don't want to put a whole chapter on one page since it will be never ending and I wanted you guys to take breaks in between. To eat duh. ahah. But anyways my chapters are basically chapter book lenth. So you guys will be reading a chapter book kinda. :P It's really fun doing this stuff. How many parts to a chapter? I got no idea. I think it might be around 6 or 7 sorry if you find that bad. But I wanted to add heaps of info on characters so it's not confusing. PLEASE TELL ME IN THE COMMENT IF YOU THINK IT'S OKAY FOR ME TO DO THIS! PLEASE! And I'll try my best to get everything up as fast as possible. And before any of you guys leave this story because Jungkook is not in it yet. He will be in the next chapter. So look forward to it because I am :P

THANK YOU FOR READING!:) :)