Chemistry? Part 5

Stuck Between Two

      Sometimes I thought Suzy only did that so that so she could get an earful of compliments but then again what girl didn't? Suzy not only had the perfect body but she was perfect well, everything. She's one of those girls who could get out of bed with their hair a mess and not a single drop of makeup on and still look like she stepped out of Vogue.

          "You look fine." I smiled and directed my attention towards the laughter coming from the staircase.

      The jocks traveled in packs so it was no suprise they were all walking to class together as if one of them were going to get lost along the way. Among the pack was Byun Baekhyun walking down the steps with his head tilted back, laughing like he had just heard the funniest joke of his life.

          "They're all so perfect." Suzy leaned her chin on my shoulder and gawked at the boys just like every other student in the hallway did.

      It was true, the jocks were perfect. There wasn't a single guy on the football team that wasn't good looking, no lie. And guess who the cutest one of all was? Byun Baekhyun. And guess who was making their way over towards me? Byun Baekhyun.

      Wait, he's making his way over to me?

           "See you later guys!" Baekhyun called over his shoulder to his friend Chanyeol and continued walking in my direction. "________!"

      Oh god, he said my name. I've never heard my name said so beautifully.

          "What the hell? He's talking to you? Oh my god." Suzy whisper screamed.

      She was freaking out more than I was but at least I wasn't showing how I was about to have a nervous breakdown. She lifted her chin from my shoulder and I leaned against the lockers like some cool kid out of an 80's film.

          "Look who passes their test." Baekhyun held up a slightly crumbled chemistry test strip and smiled at me. "All thanks to you."

      The test had numerous amouts of red markings on it and a huge C circled on the top of the test. This was a big accomplishment for him although at my house it's would've been the biggest fail of life. But hey, he got higher than a D he was asking for and I couldn't be any happier.

           "That's so good!" I squealed with excitement and took a step forward and then back quickly remembering that it wasn't okay to hug him even though I was dying too.

           "Do you think maybe we can study again?" He pushed the sliding strap of his backpack up his shoulder. "I'm free after practice today."

     I guess whenever I was free didn't matter to him but it's not like I had plans or a life for that matter.

            "Sounds good, I'll see you there." I gripped my history book tight over my chest and smiled.

            "Cool!" Baekhyun placed his hand on my shoulder and smiled. "And thanks again." He stuffed his test strip into his back pocket and headed towards class.

     As soon as he walked away a group of guys greeted him with fist bumps and high fives. Was this guy ever alone?

            "Since when do you know Baekhyun?" Suzy grabbed me by my shoulder and I was surprised she didn't shake me.

            "I tutored him yesterday and he gave me a ride home." I tried to wiggle from her but her grip was firm on my shoulder.

            "How did I not know about this?" She let go of my shoulder and took a deep breath. "You know what? That doesn't matter because Byun Baekhyun is coming over to you're house today and I am so going to be there." 

            "What?" My history books slipped from my hands and onto the tiled floor. "No way, it would be so awkward for him." The warning bell rang and I swept my book from the ground.

      Suzy fiddled with her light brown side braid. "You're right, I wouldn't want to scare him off and ruin our chances with him."

      Our chances? Since when did this become team effort?

            "We'll talk about this later!" She hurried down the hall to her class and I walked the opposite way to mine.

     Another day spent with Byun Baekhyun? Oh, this was too good to be true.

            

             After School

      To my surprise my mom was actually on time picking me up from school that day and she even offered to take me to the farmers market with her. The market is kind of my weakness because they have so many delicious baked goods and I'm the biggest sweet junkie, so it was like heaven for me. But as much as I wanted to go, I had to skip out today because I had to get ready for Baekhyun to come over. I didn't know exactly what time he would arrive but I didn't want to take any chances. So my mom dropped me off at home and I began preparing for another study session.

       It took me a while to find the perfect spot for us to study at, considering there were so many possibilities. We could study in the kitchen, dining room, living room or even the backyard. I kind of wanted to go in my bedroom but I thought that maybe Baekhyun would think that I always bring guys up to my room and that I'm some type of . I know that probably didn't make any sense to you but trust me, it makes a lot of sense in my head.

      Now that my mom was gone. It was time to prepare for my hopefully amazing evening with Baekhyun. What better way to start off study session than a bowl full of snacks? I searched through the kitchen cabinets for something to eat but the only thing I found was a bag of baked potato chips and sugay free gummy bears. My mom had got rid of all the junk food in the house a few weeks ago when one of her friends turned her on to this new "healthy lifestyle" crap that she so easily bought into. Our dinners now consists of baked and streamed everything. I almost forgot how a piece of deep fried anything tasted.

      Luckily I knew where my dad hid all his sweets at in his office. My dad and I have benn sneaking snacks into his office for weeks since we both agreed that my mom was going a little bit too overboard with this whole healthy thing. I pushed opened the heavy wooded doors of the office and the smell of Armani cologne immediantly hit me. The office smelled just like my dad and that made me miss him even more.

      I walked behind his desk and opener the drawer filled with snack size bags of chips and brownies. Jackpot. I grabbed a few bags of chips and two brownies and used the front of my oversized tunic as a bag to carry the items in. I opened the last drawer of the black metal file cabinet and placed two cans of soda in my shirt aswell. Chips, soda, and brownies were good snacks right?

     The bags of chips were all poured into a big plastic orange bowl and sodas were resting in the freezer so that they could be extremely cold by the time Baekhyun gets here. Speaking of time, it was 3:45 and Baekhyun wasn't here. 

      I spent the last hour channel surfing throught the TV and occasionally eating out of the chip bowl, waiting for Baekhyun to arrive. How long did football practice take anyways? I heard the sound of a car pulling into the driveway and my heart dropped. I couldn't believe my mom was home so early. It usually takes her hours to shop at the market because she was so particular in choosing which type of fruit and vegetable she wanted. I sighed and stood up from the couch, knowing that I had to help bring in the groceries since dad wasn't here to do the job. I walked into the foyer and prepared myself for twenty trips back and forth from the car to the kitchen but I got the suprise of my life when I opened the front door. 

            "Hey!" Baekhyun stood in the door way with his chemistry book held over his head. "I hope I'm not here too late. Coach had us working hard this afternoon."

            "No, you're right on time." I opened the door a little wider and stepped aside, making space for Baekhyun.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

WOOH! Just finished part five of this chapter! I was so happy when I got 12 views on this story and now I'm nearly up to 300 views! I'm so proud :') Anyways most likely there will only be two more part of this chapter and then the next chapter will be here I think I will try and type up and upload both parts tomorrow then we can start with the next chapter and this where all the fun begins. Mwahahah... cough* cough* okay. I hoped you guys enjoyed this part! and thanks for reading! BYE!