The Scandal Part 5

Stuck Between Two

My dad's Mercedes pulled into The Plaza and directly made its way to the Cafe drive thru. Now, The Plaza is basically the center of all social activities for our town. There are stores upon stores located throughout the whole thing and even fine dining spot. I always hear my classmates planning their next outings at this place, wether if it's just to hang out by the enormous water fountain, get their hair and nails done, have a cup of coffee at one of the many cafes, go on a shopping spree or just to watch a movie at the theatre. The Plaza was for people who actually had lives of course I am not included in that category.

     "What do you want, _______?" My dad looked over his shoulder at me.

     "Do you want what you usually get? Oh, what's it called? The mocha grande...supreme...chocolate...whipped cappuccino?"

     "What the hell?" My mom took her eyes away from her phone and raised her brow. "Since when is that a drink?

I laughed at my dad's failed attempt at remembering my favourite drink and leaned back in my seat. "It's called a Hot Chocolate, dad."

     "Hot Chocolate." He repeated. "Okay, got it."

     "I can't believe dad forgot the drink I usually ---"

My sentence was interrupted when the engine of an extremely familiar car poked at my ear. I turned my head towards the window and sure enough it was Jungkook's Lamborghini pulling into a parking space outside. And guess who was stepping out of the car with him? Krystal. Damn, does this girl ever go away?

     "_______, what's wrong?" My mom asked, stretching her neck to look out my window.

     "Nothing..." My voice trailed off as my eyes followed Krystal and Jungkook (ugh their names even sound good together) making their way into the frozen yogurt shop.

Okay, I'm not usually the one to jump to conclusions but it's obvious that there's something going on with them. I want to give Krystal the benefit of the doubt and say that she's just friends with him but come on, that girl has trashy gold digger written all over her. I also want to think that maybe Jungkook didn't know that Krystal was dating Baekhyun. Maybe she told him that she was single and had all her friends play along. But why would she stick around with Baekhyun if she had a millionaire boyfriend? I mean, Baekhyun is no doubt an amazing person but let's be real, Krystal would choose money over personality any day.

The Car started moving forward and I was instantly brought back into reality. While my dad was blurting our orders into the small speaker box, I was frantically looking through my floral bag, trying my best to find my phone. Pens and pencils poked at my defenceless hands as I rummaged through strips of wrapped gum, old tissues and grimy coins at the bottom of my purse. My fingers finally brushed against the hard studs on the back of my case and my shaky hands quickly pulled out my phone. Should I text Baekhyun and tell him what I just saw? Would that make me a snitch? But then again, I don't really what's going on with Krystal and Jungkook so maybe I should just wait.

     "Did I order the right thing?" My dad asked while handing my drink.

     "Yup!" I immediately place my lips on the straw and anxiously sat up in my seat.

The car was now pulling out of the drive through back to the parking lot where Jungkook's Lamborghini was located. My eyes scanned the parking lot, look to see if Jungkook had left but sadly, he was still there. But unlike five minutes ago, Jungkook and Krystal were standing next to his car with no sign of yogurt in their hand.

     "Dad, stop." I squeezed my dad's shoulder and he slammed on the brakes.

     "What's wrong? I thought you said you had the right drink."

I ignored my dad and nearly pressed my nose against the window. Jungkook has his arms around Krystal's waist and she was looking up into his eyes, smiling. Okay maybe they were just hugging no big deal.

     "_______?" My mom snapped.

I paid no attention to her and continued to stare out of the window. Before I knew it, Krystal stood on her toes and locked Jungkook in a passionate kiss.

Now this was the proof I needed.

     "Sorry, you can go." I sat back in the seat a sipped on the Hot Chocolate, extremely satisfied.

     "What was all of that about?" My dad asked, sipping his coffee.

     "Nothing."  I scrolled through the contacts on my phone and stopped at Baekhyun name.

     "It sure seemed like something." He continued to badger me.

     "Nope, it was nothing." I tapped Baekhyun's name to text him but my fingers became stiff after that.

Was it really my job to tell him his girlfriend was cheating? And what if he didn't believe me? He would probably think that I'm some obsessive psychotic freak. I cancelled out of the message screen and locked my phone. That definitely wasn't I chance I was willing to take.

     Sunday - November 29th

The doorbell echoed throughout the entire house and I quickly rushed down the stairs to answer it before my parents did. Since I had just witnessed probably the biggest scandal of my school's history this year, I needed to tell someone and that someone was Bora. There was no way I could tell both Suzy and Bora this huge secret. Suzy would probably post it all on her Twitter and Facebook. Yeah, I didn't have time for any of that.

     "Hello!" I screeched as I opened the front door for Bora. "You're looking beautiful today."

Bora flipped her wavy brown hair over her shoulders and smiled. "Why thank you, darling." She laughed and scurried through the door. "So what is it you had to tell me?"

I looked up my staircase and down the hall to make sure my parents were nowhere to be found. "Come in here." I pulled Bora by her skinny wrist into the living room and pointed at the couch. "You're going to need to sit down for this."

     "Oh my god," Bora's voice became a whisper. "You're pregnant?"

     "What?" I sat on the couch and raised my brow. "No, you would need to have to get pregnant."

Bora laughed and sat on the opposite end. "Sorry, I just always jump to the worst conclusions. So what's the big secret?"

     "Okay, so last night my parents and I went to a cafe and ---"

     "Do they have those holiday flavours yet?" She interrupted.

     "Uh, yeah." I shook my head and pointed to her eyes. "Focus."

She sat up straight and leaned closer to me. "Sorry. I'm focused."

     So we went to the cafe and I saw Krystal kissing another guy at the parking lot."

     "Shut up!" Bora squealed and placed her hands over .

     "Shut up? Why are we shutting up?" My dad walked through the living room with a grin on his face. "Hey Bora, how are you?"

Bora slid her hands from over and smiled. "I'm doing great, Mr. Kim. Wow, you're looking very good this Sunday morning."

     "Thank you." My dad smiled and tightened his black silk tie.

     "Where are you going anyway?" I asked.

     "I have a doctor's appointment at 11." He looked down on his glistening silver Rolex and frowned.  "I'm running really late."

     "Why are you dressed like that?" I asked once more.

     "You always have to look you best no matter where you're going, ________." He swooped his car keys from the coffee table and winked. "Remember that."

I'm all for people looking their best on all occasions but why did he have to wear his work clothes to the doctor's office? It just didn't make sense to me.

     "Bora, tell your parents to call us someday. We need to have lunch or something with them. It's been forever." My dad said as he made his way towards the hallway.

     "Will do!" Bora shouted as he disappeared around the corner, "Okay, so who was the guy Krystal was making out with?"

     "Jeon Jungkook." I said.

     "Who?" Bora raised her brow.

     "He's this really wealthy kid that my mom set me up on a date with and he ditched me at Krystal's party to go spend time with her and---"

     "You went to a party?" She interrupted.

I sighed and sunk down into the couch cushions. "Why is everyone so surprised by this?"

     "Well, you hate people so.."

     "I do not hate people." I started to chew on my thumb nail. " I just strongly dislike being around them, that's all."

     "Same thing." Bora laughed and leaned her head on one of the pillows. "So are you going to tell Baekhyun? I mean, you two are like best friends now."

     'Shut up." I laughed and threw one of the pillows at he. "I wanted to tell him but I don't know how."

     "We can write a letter." Bora suggested.

I tapped my fingers on my thigh, slowly letting the that idea to sink into my brain. "But how do we give it to him?"

     "Leave that to me." She pointed to her chest with a smile. "I have zero period Calculus. I'll just slip it into his locker before class."

     "Do you really think it will work?"

     "Of course it will. Trust me." Bora gave me a reassuring smile.

I stood up and began walking toward the hallway. "Well let's do this."

Bora and I made our way into my dad's off to use his iMac since this was the closest one with a computer and the only one with a printer.

     "It smells so good in here." Bora sniffed the Armani soaked air circulating the room.

     "I know, I love it." I propped down on his leather swivel chair and ran the mouse across the pad to take the computer out of sleep mode.

     "Does your dad actually do work with clients in here?" Bora ask while running her fingers across the neatly placed books on the massive bookshelf.

     "Eh, sometimes."

The monitor came out of sleep mode and the bright screen illuminated my face. An electronic receipt for three dozen red and white roses filled the screen and my stomach dropped.

      "What the hell?" I leaned closer to the screen and my eyes widened when I saw the amount of the purchase.

      "What's going on?" Bora rushed over to my side and kneeled on her knees to get a better look at the screen. "Aw, how cute. You mom is going to be so happy when she gets those."

     "Yeah." I quickly minimized the window and pulled up a Word document.

Since when did my dad randomly order roses for my mom? If anything, he would surprise her with a pair of diamond earrings or a dinner reservation at some restaurant before he ever resorted to flowers. Everyone knows my mom isn't into roses or anything like that.

     "You okay?" Bora asked, staring at my shaky hands resting on the keyboard.

     "I don't think those flowers were for my mom."

     "Of course they were, _______. Who else could they be for?" She looked at me with concern in her eyes.

I shook my head and tucked a lock of hair behind my ear. "You're right. I'm just over thinking everything." I cleared my throat and sat up in the chair. "Now what was it we were going to say?"

Bora and I both agreed that Baekhyun's mysterious letter should simply say:

       Dear Baekhyun,

I witnessed your girlfriend Krystal kiss another guy after her pool party on Saturday. I'm telling you this because you are my friend and I care about your feelings. Do the right thing and end this mess.

        - A friend.

Okay, so it was kind of cheesy buy hey, it got the point across. I quickly printed out the letter and folded it into a nice perfect square that could easily be pushed into the slots of Baekhyun's locker.

This was it. there was no turning back now. Tomorrow Bora would slip Baekhyun the note and he will realize just how much of a cheating his girlfriends is. And to be honest, I couldn't wait.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        -_________.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

How was it guys! 

Lol, I finally updated. Sigh busy life.

And we are finally finished chapter 3. LOL.

I hoped you guys liked it :)