Chemistry? Part 1

Stuck Between Two

Blog Post #1

     It seems like there was a lot of Chemistry in more ways than one during these past three days. I managed to accomplish things I've never thought I'd get a change to do and I emabarrassed myself a couple of times but hey, that wasn't anything new.

 

     Wednesday - November 25th

    

     The smell of chemicals and stale books was starting to give me a headache as I sat inside Mr. Kwon's chemistry lab after school. I honestly thought about getting up and heading straight for the exit five times in the whole ten minutes of being here. You see, Mr. Kwon had offered extra credit to anyone who volunteered to tutor one of his failing students after school and that was an offer I couldn't really refuse. My grade had slipped from a 97% to a 91% after receiving a pretty harsh grade on a group project just a couple of weeks ago. I'm still kind of upset that I was put in a group full of slackers but hey, what's done is done. This extra credit is exactly what I needed to boost my grade but I was starting to regret offering my assistance.

     Our tutor session was supposed to start at 3:15 and according to the time on my phone, this so called failing studentwas running fifteen minutes late. While I was waiting for this kid, I started to run out of activities to keep myself occupied. I had checked my email, caught up on celebrity gossip, text my two best friends, and even watched a few YouTube videos. I mean, there's only so much someone can do on their phone before they start to get bored out of their mind. Maybe Mr. Kwon will still give me the extra credit if I explain to him that I waited nearly half and hour for someone who obviously didn't care about improving their grade.

     Just when I was giving up all hope of tutoring this student. The lab's door creaked opened and a boy wearing a baseball cap came rushing through the door.

           "Sorry I'm late." the boy threw his beaten up purple backpack on the desk and slid onto the plastic stool.

           "It's fine."

     I tried to make out the boy's face but his face was tilted down while he was texting and the rim of his cap was covering his eyes and nose. But judging by his tardiness, lack of consideration for anyone else's time and the letterman jacket he was wearing, it was safe to assume he was a football player.

           " Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long." the boy finally lifted his head up and I nearly fell out of my seat.

     The failing student was one other than Byun Baekhyun, my crush since sixth grade I couldn't believe this was actually happening. This is the first time i've ever been in a room with him completely alone and i was freaking out inside. What do I do? What do I say?

           "Uh, hi." I blurted out.

     Hi? Really, _______? God, he's only been in the room for 45 seconds and I was already making a complete fool of myself.

           "Hey." Baekhyun smiled and my heart skipped a beat. "We should probably get started."

           "Yeah, totally." My shaky hands flipped opened the chemistry book. "What exactly did you need help with?"

    Baekhyun thunbed through the thick book and smirked at me. "Everthing."

    Everything? I wanted to believe he was just joking but I think he was dead serious.

            "Right, okay." I took a deep breath, preparing myself for this long session. "How about we just start from the basics and work our way up?"

            "Sounds good to me." Baekhyun took his hat off and sat it on top of his backpack, Which was taking up half of the desk. "Your name is Sooyoung right? You sit across from me in Mrs Lee's class."

     Wow, he doesn't know my name. Fantastic, right? I mean, I've been going to school with this guy since junior high so it's not like I'm some new exchange student or something. I've had seven classed with him since freshman year and I sat next to him in two of those classes. Hell, I was even paired up with him a few time and you're telling me he doesn't even know my name? Unbelievable.

     " Actually, It's _______." I cleared my throat and flipped through a few pages of the book, trying my best to hide my irritability.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay guys! This is not a complete chapter but I'll post the next part tomorrow since it's getting late. I starting to really enjoy doing this stuff. It's crazy since I really dislike writing stories. Well I guess since it has my biases in it I don't really mind. THIS CHAPTER IS REALLY LONG! so might as well just split it up into different parts so it's easier for you to read :P sorry for all the mistakes if there is any. I don't know. I TOLD YOU THERE WAS GOING TO BE SOMEONE IN THIS PART! So you got Baekhyun :D Don't worry Jungkook will join the story soon. :)