Chemistry? Part 4

Stuck Between Two

             "I'd love to live around the east." I admitted.

             "There's no way in hell i'd ever be able to live over there but I'm king of glad I won't. I know a couple of guys who live around there and they have all of their priorities messed up." Baekhyun said.

             "God, I can only imagine." My eyes widened as we pulled into the driveway of my house.

      My mom's Range Rover was parked right in front of the garage and my blood started to boil. Why was she here? She's supposed to be at school waiting for me or at least trying to figure out where I went. Ugh, she better have a goo excue for this.

             "Thanks again for helping me out." Baekhyun said as he placed his car in park. "I really did learn a lot."

             "It's no problem." I smiled and opened the door. "And thank you for dropping me off."

             "It's the least I can do." He smiled.

       I stepped out of the car and gently closed the door, waving to Baekhyun as he slowly crept down the cobblestone driveway. The car ride wasn't bad as expected but definitely wasn't the greatest. In a perfect world, Baekhyun would had held my hand and we would be singing along to the songs on the radio but the guy just found out my name a few hours ago so most likely it was never going to happen.

      The sound of running sink water caught my attention a I walked through the front door of my house. i slowly made my way to the kitchen and found my mom standing over the sink, rinsing off lettuce leaves.

              "Hi." I sat my gray satchel on the island counter top and placed my hand on my hip.

              "Hey there, honey." she turned off the running faucet and smiled at me. "I was wondering when you were going to get here. It's almost dark outside."

              "You were supposed to pick me up." I rolled my eyes and opened the fridge, hoping to find something sweet to calm my nerves.

              "I thought you said you were staying after school and Bora was bringing you home." She said.

     I grabbed the yogurt cup from the bottom shelf and closed the fridge. "I didn't say anything remotely close to that."

              "I'm sorry, honey. I must have heard wrong. "She placed the wet lettuce leaves in a large salad bowl and began slicing tomatoes. "How did you get home?"

              "A friend dropped me off."

              "Well that was nice of her." My mom smiled.

               "Yeah." I sat the yogurt on the counter top and sighed. "Have you talked to dad today?"

               "I talked to him a few hours ago and he says he loves and misses you." she said.

     Just hearing my dad was missing me made me miss him even more. He was on a buisness trip in Daegu and has been gone for a couple of days now, leaving the house feeling a bit empty. I knew my dad wouldn't have let my mom forget to pick me up from school if he was here. He always managed to have everything done precisely ans most importantly , on time.

               "I'll be glad when he's back." I said.

               "You and me both." My mom threw the diced tomatoes into the salad bowl and smiled. "Now help me set the table for dinner."

      After dinner I sat in my bed, trying to process allthat has happened today. Not only did I get to spend time with Baekhyun but it kind of seemed like he was genuinely interested in getting to know me a little more. I want to believe that he actually liked talking to me but a part of me felt like he was only being nice because he needed help with his studying and he felt bad for not remembering my name. Yup, that was probably the reason. I guarentee by tomorrow he won't even remeber what I look like and I'll just go back to being invisible.

  

              Thursday - November 26th

 

      Thursday was like any other typical school day and as usual, I couldn't wait for it to end. The clanging of metal lockers shutting and chatter among the students filled the hallways during the passing period. I glanced at my reflection in a small mirror glued to the door of my locker and quickly looked away. I always see girls touching up their hair and makeup with their locker mirrors but I've always been too self-consconsious to do it. I mean, what if one of the girls saw me apply lip gloss or brushing my hair and laughed at me because let's face it, no one cares about the way I look. No ne is stopping in their tracks when they see me walk by. It's the sad truth and I hated it.

     I sighed. Letting the negative thoughts sink into the crevasses of my brain and grabbed my history book off the shelf. I slammed my locker shut and side eyed my best friend Suzy who was checking herself out in her small compact mirror. Yes, she's one of those girls.

          "Do I look bloated?" Suzy asked me while pulling the back of her black long sleeve shirt against her perfectly toned body. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

I'm too tired to type anymore for today. I was typing it up for 2 hours and I was only half way then suddenly everything went off and I lost everything. :'( So I had to retyped everything. I wanted to add more to it but I felt like my head was going to explode from all that thinking. BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS PART! :P AND I HOPE THIS PART ISN'T TOO SHORT! X(

BYE!