The Scandal Part 3

Stuck Between Two

     Whatever. Jungkook ditched me and it was time for me to make my way home, well, to Suzy's house that is. As much as Suzy gets on my nerves, I really needed her right now since I was too afraid to call my mom to pick me up. Knowing my mom, she would crash the party and pull Jungkook by his ear and lecture him on how to respect a woman. Ah, gotta love mom.

     "_______?"

     I stopped walking and turned my head towards the voice. It was Baekhyun standing in his opened garage with a piece of sandpaper in his hand. God, he looked amazing. The black tank he was wearing showed off his perfectly sculpted arms and I tried not to make it obvious that I was staring.

     It looked like he was working on something on building something. There were stacks of boards lying on the floor and something laid on the work table with no paint. Wow, he's not only athletic but he's a good with construction as well. He's definitely a keeper.

     "Just leaving a little pool party down the street." I pushed up the sleeve of my denim jacket and forced a smile, making it seem like I had an amazing time.

     "Oh, Krystal's party?"

     Great, it was her party. And if the party was two blocks down, why wasn't he there? Was it possible that they had broken up? I guess that would explain why Krystal was all over Jungkook. Maybe she wasn't that much of a after all.

     "Yup."

     "How was it?" He buried his hands into the pockets of his cargo shorts.

     "It was..." I paused and bit down on my lip. "Nice. It was nice."

     "That's great! She was hoping the party would turn out good." He smiled. "I wish I could go over there and hang out a bit but parties aren't really my thing."

     "Mine neither!" I nearly shouted.

     "Really?" He raised his brow. "Then why'd you go?"

     My eyes widened and started fiddle with the strap of my purse. "I went with a guy. It was his idea."

     "Oh, that boyfriend of yours?" He smirked and walked out of the garage and onto the driveway where I stood.

     "I don't have a boyfriend."

     "Right." Baekhyun laughed and looked down the street. "So where's this boy?"

     "He ditched me for some at the party." I blurted.

     He laughed again and placed his hands behind his head. "Yeah there are lots of at our school."

     Uh, duh. Your girlfriend being number one.

     "That guy is stupid for ditching you." Baekhyun smiled.

     "Yeah." I slightly smiled and tucked a few strands of hair behind my ear. "I should be heading home now."

     "You're walking?"

     "Yeah, that guy was my ride."

     "I'll take you home." He pulled his keys out of his pocket, which had many other keys dangling from it unlike Jungkook's too cool for school car keys.

     I waved my hands and protested. "No, it's fine. You really don't have to."

     "Maybe I want to." He smiled and I couldn't help but smile right along with him.

     "Well okay."

     We walked to his Honda which was parked along the street and I felt relieved that I wasn't riding in Jungkook's complicated car. I felt relaxed and at ease when I rode with Baekhyun and I don't think it was because of the car. Maybe I felt that was because he gave me a sense of warmth unlike Jungkook whose personality was kind of frigid and distant. I wouldn't blame Jungkook's actions at the simple fact that we were strangers but Baekhyun and I were kind of like strangers as well. The first time I rode with Baekhyun, he had just learned my name but he made me feel safe and he was so inviting. I don't know, maybe I felt this way with Baekhyun because I actually liked him.

     When Baekhyun turned his car in the opposite direction of Krystal's house, a wave of relief washed over me. If he were to see the Lamborghini parked outside then he would definitely know that he was the guy I was with and then everyone would tell him that Krystal was all over the guy and then he would know that I knew about it and then he would get mad that I didn't tell him. Ah, so much could happen.

     "So I have a question." Baekhyun said while making his way towards the freeway entrance. "It's a serious one too."

     "Okay, what is it?" I asked.

     "Are your glasses for seeing or just show? Because I see lots of those hipster kids wearing them."

     I laughed and pulled off my glasses, showing him my think lenses. "I actually need them to see. I'm nearsighted so these come in handy." I placed the glassed back on my face and pushed them up the bridge of my nose. "I have contacts but I just like these better."

     "I think they look cute on you." He glanced at me and smiled. "Not a lot of people can pull off the oversized glasses look."

     "Lucky me." I smiled.

     Our time on the freeway seemed to fly by and I couldn't believe that we were already parked in my driveway. I honestly wished we could have taken the streets because I really enjoyed talking to Baekhyun, even though we spent the majority of the ride expressing how much we hated the hipsters and at our school. But hey, I rather be talking about that than sitting in complete silence like I did an hour ago.

     "Thank you for the ride." I smiled and pulled on the door handle."I really appreciate it."

     "Not a problem." Baekhyun smiled and leaned back in his seat. "I have another question though."

     My heart started to pound and I felt my hands getting clammy. What question could he possibly have now?

     "Um, sure. What's up?"

     "Can I have your number?" He handed his phone to me and smiled. "just call your number and you'll have mine too."

     Not a single word came out of my mouth. I was unable to even process what had just happened. Is it possible that he wanted my number because he wanted to hang out for non-school related activities? I don't know and I honestly didn't care. I called my number with his phone and quickly hung up once my phone started to vibrate inside my bag.

     "Thanks." He took his phone from my hand and placed it in his cup holder. "You can always call me if you need a ride or anything like that."

     "Thank you." I smiled and slid out of the car, trying my best to stand up straight. "I'll see you."

     He waved and drove off as soon as I closed the door. This was actually turning out to be a good day after all.

     A blue glow spilled from the living room into the foyer of the house as I stepped foot through the front door.

     "Mom?" I kicked my boots off and left them near the staircase. "Mom is that you?"

     I didn't notice my mom's car outside and she usually never leaves the TV on while she's out. My heart started beating fast as I bagan to slowly make my way to the living room doorway.

     "Mom?" I called out yet again, still hearing no answer in return.

     "Your mother isn't here..."

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Oh, cliff hanger. :P Guess who's in the living room! (in the comments below)

Sorry for not updating in a while. It's a new year and we are all very busy and stuff, school started recently *sigh* :\

I had some issues involving people I know from school just today and I didn't feeling like typing up much, but I had to post something up so here it is.

Sometime I wonder did I pick the right characters for this story. Like sometimes I contemplate if picking Jungkook instead of Chanyeol was a good idea. It seems that its working out fine so I'm okay with it.

I hope you enjoyed reading this!

 Oh, once I reach around 1500 view I will be holding a pole on which you want to be with Baekhyun or Jungkook! or maybe even both :P