Tiny Ray of Sunshine

Best. Friend.

Chapter Nine: Tiny Ray of Sunshine

 

Wooyoung frowned as he watched Taecyeon sigh for the nth time that afternoon. The older member sat still on the opposite couch,  oblivious to everyone else. It's been how he was since came home late one night. He spoke to no one--not even answered any of the numerous calls on his mobile. He simply sat on the couch and stared at something far, far away. Wooyoung nudged Junho's ribs, making the shorter guy aware of Taecyeon's current state.

"Ya, Junho," What's wrong with hyung?" He asked curiously.

Sighing heavily as well, Junho shrugged before walking toward the seemingly brain-dead idol. Wooyoung watched carefully as Junho whispered  something to Taecyeon. He strained to hear, but only caught the words 'Tiffany' and 'lost.'

To his surprise, Taecyeon jumped up--hands wringing Junho's collar, eyes boring into the younger man's head.

"Take back what you said," he murmured threateningly.

Junho smirked, calmly prying Teacyeon's hands away from his shirt. "Well, it might as well be true if you continue sulking here like that."

Wooyoung gulped in fear as Taecyeon growled primitively, expecting to find Junho in pieces on the floor. But instead, he heard a resonating bang of their dorm door as Taecyeon menacingly walked out.

"Woah," Nichkhun asked, walking into the living room to fin the smirking Junho and the schocked Wooyoung "What was that ll about?"

With a shaking finger Wooyoung pointed at Junho accusingly, "Ask him!" He exclaimed, "I dunno what he said to make hyung that angry."

Junho just shrugged, as he fidgeted with his phone and walked toward his room. Leaving his hyungs dumb-founded.

-

Tiffany ran around the corner, eyes desperately searching for Taecyeon. She ran to the park as fast as she could as soon as she received Junho's SOS message, informing her that the beastly idol stormed out of the dorm angrily. She knew this was the only place he visits when he wants to let off some steam.

True enough, she found him sitting motionlessly on one of the swings. She smiled as she walked towards him.

"So, Oppa," She started, sitting on the ground beside the swings, "Mind telling me why a terrified Junho would send a distress call this early in the morning?"

Taecyeon looked up in surprise, his face a mixture of relief and sadness.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, bitterness searing his question.

Tiffany raised a questioning brow. "Wow, that really sounded scary." She snorted, choosing to ignore the venom in his tone, "What made you so snotty this morning?"

Taecyeon looked away, trying to compose himself. Clearing his throat, he responded:

"Just a lot of hings running through my head right now."

Tiffany laughed, "Are those things the reason for you not answering my calls? Or are you too embarrassed with kissing me that you want nothing to do with me anymore?" Tiffany's questions were accusatory, her tone lace with worry and disappointment.

Taecyeon looked straight into her eyes, suprised that she would think that. Sighing, he got up from the swing and crouched in front of Tiffany so his head would level hers.

"Would it matter, Stephanie Hwang?" He asked, face devoid of emotion, "You seemed comfortable enough with Siwon anyway. What would you need me for?"

"What does Siwon-oppa have to do with all this?" Tiffany asked back, perplexed.

Taecyeon shrugged, once again looking away from her. Tiffany was getting confused, not to mention, frustrated at the hostile way Taecyeon was treating her right now. With the painful mix of emotion, Tiffany's eyes were filled with unbidden tears.

"I liked that kiss." Tiffany confessed softly, "But it seems that it brought more trouble than it's worth."

Taecyeon looked at her, slowly comprehending. "What was it worth?"

Wiping away her tears, she shrugged and tried to smile. "For a moment there, I thought you liked me back."

Taecyeon watched her get up, not believing his ears. He stood motionless for a moment, his brain repeating her response over and over again. His mind raced, her words like a tiny ray of sunshine in the dark recesses of his discombobulated mind. When he (finally!) realized what she meant, she was already about to walk away in embarrassment.

He caught her arm just in time. Pulling her back into his arms, he swooped down to take her lips.

-