The Midnight Date

Best. Friend.

 

Chapter Eight: The Midnight Date

 

Sensing that Tiffany was less than comfortable to do what the girls were teasing her to do. Taecyeon stepped forward, holding Tiffany's cheek as he swooped down to kiss the corner of her lips.

 

Ok Taecyeon couldn't wipe the goofy smile he had on his face as he walked back to the 2PM door. Almost bumping into Wooyoung didn't even spoil the mood. He just smiled at the younger boy messing his hair, smiling deliriously as he walked toward his room.

Okay, so maybe kissing Tiffany was such a bad idea. But Taecyeon couldn't keep a grin from creeping across his face as he remembers the look on Tiffany's face as his lips parted from hers. Confused, surprised. Such sweet innocence. Damn would he kill for a chance to do it again. 

And then it hit him.

"Fcuk, what if Tiffany gets mad about it?" He gasped in horror, sitting up from his bunk bed suddenly, causing him to hit his head. "Aw. That hurts."

Falling back onto the bed, he massaged his sore head. He closed his eyes firmly, praying to the heavens that Tiffany would call or text soon to dispel all his worries.

-

Tiffany lay awake in bed, her head playing and replaying that kiss Taecyeon gave her over and over again. She sighed heavily, trying to push the incident off her head. Heaving another sigh, she looked at the clock. It was almost midnight and yet her brain refuses to shut down for the night.

Pulling herself up, she decided to distract herself with a walk along the river. In her casual sweat pants and hoodie, she quietly stepped out of their dorm—careful not to wake anyone.

Breathing in the fresh air, she walked along the sidewalk as she took in the sight of the busy Seoul streets. A couple walked past her, she stopped abruptly to admire their entwined hands. She was about to start walking again when she felt a warm hand encompass hers. Feeling her jump in surprise, he chuckled before saying:

“You know it’s dangerous to be walking out in the streets alone.”

She smiled involuntarily as she hit his arm in faux anger.

“You nearly gave me a heart attack, Oppa.” She told him with a frown.

He just shrugged, casually walking toward the general direction she was heading to earlier.

“I just happened to catch a glimpse of a female idol stealthily escaping the confines of her dorm as I headed to my own dorm.” He told her cryptically. “I thought I’d see what she’s up to.”

Tiffany giggled, “Aish, such a nosy oppa you are.”

“I am just concerned about my klutzy dongsaeng.” He replied smugly.

She gave another giggle as they continued to walk toward the river, all the while relishing in comfortable banter.

-

Taecyeon frowned, looking at his phone for the nth time in the last four hours. Still no message from Tiffany. Ghad, that girl definitely knows how to drive him crazy. He rolled around his bed several times before letting out a restrained growl.  Frowning at his phone, he decided to dial a life line.

Yeoboseyo?

“Jessica-ah,” He started, “Is Tiffany still awake? Is she mad at me?”

He heard a shuffle on the other line, followed by an annoyed whine, “Aisht, Oppa, do you know what time it is?!”

“Come on, Jessie, just check on her please?” He pleaded.

You owe me.” She grumbled in response.

In the next few minutes, he heard Jessica step out of her room and walk toward Tiffany’s. Through the receiver, he heard her call out to Tiffany several times without response. He heard the door creak open before hearing a muffled gasp from Jessica

“Jessica? What happened?” He asked, his breath caught in his throat.                                                         

She’s not here, Oppa,” She answered urgently, worry laced in her tone, “This isn’t like her at all, she usually tells me where she’d go.”

“I’ll go find her!” Taecyeon said, not waiting for her before disconnecting the call.

He ran as fast as he could toward the girls’ dorm, hoping that Tiffany hasn’t gone that far yet. True enough, he found her not too far away from their dorm, staring at a passing couple. He smiled as he walked toward her. He was only a meter away when a guy walked past him, taking Tiffany’s hand in his.

Taecyeon’s steps came to an abrupt stop as he watched Tiffany exchange banters with the guy. She didn’t notice him as the guy pulled her away. Taecyeon swallowed painfully as the guy looked back at him with a smile. He froze as he felt his heart break—It was Siwon.