Blinded

Best. Friend.

 

 

Chapter Eleven: Blinded

Tiffany stood before Taecyeon inside their dorm building elevator, comfortably leaning against him while he had his arms around her waist. She sighed in contentment, looking forward to spending scarce quality time with him.

“Are you sure it’s okay to leave the girls like that?”

Taecyeon asked, remembering the crazy bunch they left upstairs. Tiffany nodded with a snort.

“That happens to us a lot.” She shared, “I was lucky not to get into that this time. Thanks, by the way.”

He shrugged hugging her closer. The elevator stopped with a soft Ding causing both of them to jump apart. Just in time too, as Siwon, Donghae, and Shindong entered the lift.

“Hey,” Siwon greeted, automatically giving his dongsaeng a quick hug before turning to the Beastly Idol with a curt nod. “Hey Taecyeon.”

Tiffany found herself in a sea of arms as Donghae and Shindong hugged her at the same time, teasingly imitating Siwon’s gesture. Tiffany giggled, slapping the boys’ arms in response.

“Hey Taecyeon-sshi,” Shindong asked in false intimidation, “Where are you taking our Tiffany?”

Donghae chuckled before following suit, “You should know, we guard our hoobaes with our lives!”

“Ya, Oppa! Stop that.” Tiffany cried in embarrassment.

Taecyeon chuckled as he slapped high fives with Shindong and waved as Donghae followed Siwon out of the lift. Siwon nodded towards them again, a smirk maring his handsome features. 

"I really don't like him." Taecyeon murmured under his breath.

Tiffany pouted in front of him, hugging his waist as soon as the Super Junior boys left the elevator. Taecyeon chuckled at the sight, cupping her chin before leaning in for a peck.

"I heard that Oppa," She muttered, frowning despite Teacyeon's sweet gesture.

"What?" He asked, feigning innocence.

Tiffany snorted, letting Taecyeon change the topic as he stirred her out the elevator and outside the building. 

"My dorm?" Taecyeon asked, taking her hand in his as they started strolling along the sidewalk.

She nodded, knowing well that Taecyeon has yet to break the news about their relathionship to s. "Would it be alright? The guys might freak out when they see me there."

"Well, Junsu might have to nurse his heart when he finds out." He teased, "He's been crushing on him, you know."

"Really? Seems a pity since I'm taken now." She teased back, tiliting her head in thought. "Maybe I should reconsider?"

Taecyeon looked appalled, stopping in midstep as he glared at his girl. Tiffany giggled, hugging his waist and reached for his lips with a short peck. He smiled, hugging her back and kissing her hair.

"No more talk about replacing me, 'kay?" He declared sternly.

Tiffany nodded with a laugh, pulling him toward their dorm.

-

"I'm back!" Taecyeon shouted in warning as they entered the dorm. "I have a guest so make sure you guys are decent."

Tiffany raised a questioning brow as they walked toward the living room, only to have her unspoken question answered by the sight of the topless Nichkhun laying lazily on the couch. She gulped uneasily just as Taecyeon's hand flew to her eyes. 

"Ya, Khun!" He shouted in surprise, "Didn't you hear me just now! Go put your shirt on!"

"What? I'm decent!" The Thai Prince reasoned, flicking the taller guys forehead. "Oh hey guys, look it's Tiffany!"

Taecyeon's hand was pushed away from Tiffany's face as Nichkhun gave her a warm hug despite his shirtless state. As if on cue, Wooyoung dashed into the living room, followed by an eager Chansung and an excited Junho. Junsu walked in shyly after the rest, also shirtless—much to Taecyeon’s horror.

“That’s enough, you guys,” Taecyeon ordered, repeating the instruction louder when nobody seemed to listen. “Ya, step away from my girlfriend!”

The sea of arms that were initially trying to smother Tiffany all disappeared in an instant, all five boys suddenly looking at her in shock. After a moment of shock, Chansung bravely broke the uncomfortable silence.

“What did you say, hyung?”

Teacyeon cleared his throat, scratching his head apologetically as he struggled on how to start explaining. Tiffany stood beside him, reaching for his hand encouragingly.

“Well, Tiffany and I... We’re dating now.” He finally blurted out. His eyes quickly flew to Junsu, who was now frowning at him. “I’m so sorry, Man, I never planned to...”

Everyone in the room stood quiet as Junsu raised his hand and left the room. Taecyeon was about to follow him, but Tiffany pulled on his arm and shook her head. “Give him time, yeobo.”

“Yeobo?” Taecyeon asked, smiling as he looked back at her. “That was nice to hear.”

His remark was followed by a series of gagging and puking sounds.

“That was disgusting!” Nichkhun muttered pretending to spew.

“Like you and Victoria are any better.” Wooyoung commented, slapping high fives with Taecyeon.

Junho approached Tiffany and gave her a tight hug. “I must say, it took you much longer than I thought.”

“Huh?” Tiffany asked in confusion.

“Junho has had his theories about the two of you.” Chansung clarified, “None of us ever believed him.”

Clapping his hands together the maknae, shooed everyone to the living room as he and Taecyeon proceeded to making dinner. The two worked silently, both not knowing how to break the ice.

“What do I do about Junsu?” Taecyeon asked stealing a sideway glance at their maknae.

“Tiffany’s right,” He answered with a smile, watching as his hyung’s gaze trailed toward the delicate girl that sat comfortably on the couch with the rest of the members. “Give him time. He’ll get over it.”

Taecyeon nodded, smiling as he caught Tiffany’s eye before continuing his dinner preparations.

-

“You like her too, don’t you?”

Junsu looked up, surprised to hear someone voice out his internal struggles. He refused to answer as he saw who was talking to him. The man seemed unfazed by his cold response, sitting beside him by the stairs.

“You see, I like her too.” The guy continued, “I think I know how we can both have a chance with her.”

He continued to describe his plan to the bewildered Junsu, who couldn’t believe someone could come up with something so... Dangerous. But he was sorely tempted. He wanted her to be his just as much. But Taecyeon was his friend, too. Junsu still wasn't as blinded by jealousy as he was.

“She’s with Taecyeon already.” Junsu responded, “I’m not interested in your ploy...Siwon.”