Chapter Six: Discombobulated

Best. Friend.

 

 

Chapter Six: Discombobulated

Junho was amused. He gave a low chuckle as he watched Taecyeon sit stiffly beside him as the rest of the group watched their Family Outing episode together. His hyung wasn’t so tense when the episode started, the biting of nails and holding of breath started when Tiffany appeared on the screen. None of the other members seem to notice, though. They merely watched in silence and chomped on the popcorn.

“Look at that fresh face.” Junsu sighed in awe as the camera showed Tiffany’s face close up.

“What?” Taecyeon snapped, surprised that someone seemed to voice out the exact thoughts inside his head.

“Tiffany looks so damn good.” Junsu repeated, taking a fist-full of popcorn, “Is she dating anyone at the moment?”

Junho’s amused smiled grew wider as Taecyeon’s face contorted with a mixture of confusion and anger.

“Of course she isn’t dating anyone!” He growled indignantly.

“That’s good!” Chansung prompted, patting Junsu’s back encouragingly, “That means J2daK doesn’t need to worry about competition.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that.” Junho mused, his eyes looking straight at Taecyeon, who was now crushing the popcorn in his hands.

The boys all turned to him in confusion. Nichkhun looked at him thoughfully before nodding.

“Yeah,” the Thai Prince agreed, “I heard Siwon has had his sights on her for a long time now.”

To the group’s surprise, Taecyeon suddenly stood up with a stomp of his foot. He cleared his throat, bowed his apology and left the room wordlessly.

“Was it something I said?” Nichkhun asked cluelessly.

No, Junho answered mentally before stuffing more popcorn in his mouth, it probably was something Taecyeon-hyung thought of.

-

Once again, Jessica had to endure the sound of Tiffany’s rustling sheets as she restlessly rolled about the bed. Shifting on the couch, she tilted her head and narrowed her eyes in observation. She rolled her eyes as Tiffany groaned out loud for the nth time that hour.

“So, Hwang,” She called as shifted to a sitting position, crossing her legs, “Will you be telling me, or do I torture Yoona into telling me what she was teasing you about ever when we watched your FO episode?”

Tiffany groaned, rolling about her bed repeatedly.

“Ya, Hwang Miyoung!” Jessica stood and stomped her foot in irritation, “Aren’t you going to answer me?”

“No.” Tiffany muttered with a frown, her voice muffled by the pillow she was hiding from, “You will scold me if I tell you.”

“Aren’t I scolding you now?” Jessica asked with raised eyebrows.

Tiffany pulled herself up, looking uncertainly into Jessica’s eyes.

“Call Yoona in,” She told the blond girl, “She can tell you. If she’s here you can’t kill me.”

And so she did. Jessica left the room, only to re-enter with the seemingly confused Yoona. The older girl pushed the doe-eyed beauty to sit on the couch as she looked suspiciously from Tiffany to Yoona, then back.

“Er, Jessica-unnie,” She squeaked, “You’re scaring me.”

“You sure should be scared.” The ice princess declared, “Now spill Im Yoona. What did Tiffany do to make herself this restless?”

Blinking in confusion, she looked at Tiffany as if to ask for permission. Tiffany sighed before nodding her consent.

“Unnie and Taecyeon-oppa were going to kiss.” Yoona said teasingly.

“Oh, okay...” Jessica titling her head in thought before her eyes widened in surprise. “She what?!”

Tiffany gulped as Jessica turned to walk threateningly towards her. Looking at Yoona as a silent cry for help, she found the young girl edging stealthily towards the door—not wanting to witness her Unnie’s cold-blooded demise. This was not going to be good. Tiffany thought to herself as the Ice Princess peered at her in distaste.

-

Taecyeon paced the room uneasily. His thoughts racing back to the moment when his lips almost touched hers. He sighed in frustration, dropping himself onto his bed—lazily scanning through the messages left on his mobile phone. To his disappointment, none of them came from Tiffany. He was about to throw his “useless” mobile phone over his shoulder when a message from Yoona caught his eye.

From: Yoona

Oppa, Fanny-unnie is about to get murdered by the Ice Princess.

Taecyeon jumped to his feet and dialled Yoona’s number. Gulping as he heard screams in the background when the girl answered his call.

“How is she?” He asked without as much as a ‘hello,’ “I’ll be right there.”

“Oppa do—” Yoona wasn’t able to say a word.

Taecyeon has already dashed out of their dorm, onto his car and sped a few meters across Seoul to the Girl’s Generation Dorm. He knocked urgently, hoping that Fanny hasn’t been hurt much. But to his surprise, the dorm seemed quiet. She’s dead! He paled at the mere thought. He knocked more urgently. After a few minutes, he was answered by a smiling Sunny.

“Annyeonghaseyo Oppa.” She said with a courteous bow.

“Annyeong.” He replied curtly, taking in the whole room.

Yuri and Sooyoung were moping the floor, one particular spot repeatedly. Seohyun and Yoona were on their knees, rubbing the same spot with washcloths. While Taeyeon and Hyoyeon ran around the room, fixing disarrayed furniture. Ah, everything seems in order. He thought, his eyes narrowing at one observation.

“Where’s Jessie and Fany-ah?” He asked accusingly.

Seohyun, who was in the act of scrubbing, suddenly dropped her washcloth—revealing red stains splattered across the cloth.

Taecyeon’s eyes grew large, at least as large as it could get. Turning to Sunny, he growled, “Where is Tiffany!?”

The girls laughed nervously, no one responding to his question. He bolted towards Tffany’s room, dying to know what became of the love of his life—wait did he just think that? The girls scrambled to block his path, all seven girls throwing themselves in front of Tiffany’s door.

“Get out of the way.” He warned ominously, “I won’t say this again...”

“Say what, Ok Taecyeon?” Says the Ice Princess, emerging from Tiffany’s room—white blouse with a mighty red splash.

Taecyeon paled even more.

“Ya! Why are you staring at me like that?” Jessica prompted as Taecyeon looked like a beast ready to rampage.

A growl tore through his throat. He was seeing red. The girls shook in fear as they tried to sneak away from the door. In a swift motion, a hand went around his wrist.

“Oppa,” She called to him softly.

His anger drained away, hearing that soothing voice calmed him down. He looked straight into dark brown eyes as the hand she had on his wrist travelled down to be encompassed in his hand.

“Hwang Miyoung, Ok Taecyeon,” Jessica’s icy tone tore through the moment.

“Couch. Now!” Taeyeon ordered, finger directing them towards the couch.

The couple gulped, catching a glimpse at each other before following orders.

--