Chapter Seven: Girl’s Generation Interrogation

Best. Friend.

 

Chapter Seven: Girl’s Generation Interrogation

Tiffany fidgeted with her fingers as the girls scurried in front of them—all of them staring at her and Taecyeon with narrowed, accusing eyes. She knew that look. It was the same look they gave Taeyeon when she and Leeteuk admitted they were dating. She sighed in exasperation.

How to begin to explain that they misunderstood?She thought. This wasn’t the same case. Taec and I aren’t dating!

Her thoughts were interrupted as Sooyoung cleared . “So Unnie,” She started in a tone Tiffany knew very well, “Before we debuted, we all agreed to one thing, didn’t we?”

She nodded, knowing so well where she was going.

“And what was that promise?” Hyoyeon asked, accusingly.

“That we will never—” Tiffany answered tentatively, only to be cut by Jessica.

“Correct! We promised that we will never keep secrets from each other!”Jessica finished for her.

“But I—” Tiffany cried defensively.

“Nah-uh,” Lee Soonkyu shushed her, “Not what we want to hear.”

Taecyeon watched amusedly as the girls continued their attack, only to have the smirk he had on his face wiped by the distressed look Tiffany had on hers. He wanted to let them continue and just laughingly correct them later, but he couldn’t stand the frustrated look Tiffany had.

“Look, girls,” He started, “You guys clearly—”

“Shut up, Taecyeon,” Taeyeon cut in authoritatively, “We’ll deal with you later. Soonkyu, go on.”

Sunny nodded, “As I was saying, what we wanted to hear is when this all started.”

“And when you were planning to tell us?” Yuri added

 Tiffany pouted, she knew how stubborn the girls can get. There was no use denying their claims, they won’t believe her even if she and Taecyeon pleaded not guilty.

“Guys, you’re embarrassing me,” Tiffany pleaded, “Taec and I are just friends!”

“Why were you kissing then?” Yoona asked with narrowed eyes.

Seohyun looked shocked, “They were what?! Unnie didn’t you say that a woman’s first kiss is reserved for the one who owns her heart?”

Baffled, Tiffany looked away. Somehow she wished the floor would crack open and swallow her alive/

Taecyeon just couldn’t take anymore. They were harassing Tiffany already, damn it. And nobody was allowed to do that—not on his watch.

“All right,” He interjected, effectively diverting the dagger looks the girls had from Tiffany to himself, “All right. We’re sorry. It’s my fault. I asked her not to tell anyone!”

Tiffany’s eyes grew wide, their eyes meeting as he made the declaration. Oppa, what the hell are you doing, her eyes told him in alarm, shaking her head in fear. Taecyeon ignored her, he took her hand in his as he looked straight at the inquisitorial squad.

“I was afraid you’d tell your manager,” He explained casually, “I didn’t want that to happen, they might ask us to break up. I knew you guys weren’t supposed to date yet.”

The girls’ accusing looks turned into excited ones.

“Of course we wouldn’t do that!” Yoona exclaimed excitedly

Seohyun nodded in agreement, “Yeah, we’ve been keeping Taeyeon-unnie and Leeteuk-oppa’s relationship secret for years now.”

“Surely you can count on us to help you!” Taeyeon said with a smile.

Tiffany held her breath. This is so not happening, she screamed in her head. Taecyeon winked as the girls fawned over the “newly-discovered” couple. Tiffany sighed, looking apologetically at the group. She noted that everyone seemed to buy the idea... Everyone but Jessica.

-

The girls continued to spazz, asking numerous questions and daydreaming about their ideal guys. Taecyeon caught Tiffany's eye before jerking her head toward the door. Tiffany read the sign and carefully edged away from the sofa and out the dorm, pulling Taecyeon by the sleeve as they momentarily escape.

"Ya, Walnut-ah," Tiffany grumbled as they stepped outside the dorm. "What were you thinking?"

Teacyeon chuckled as he casually took her hand in his. She sighed leaning against the door, not withdrawing her hand from his. She flashed him a weak smile to match the reassuring one he gave her. Rubbing the back of her hand with her thumb, he sighed--brushing a stray stand of her hair away from her eyes.

"You know they'd only stop when they hear what they want to hear." He replied, looking down at their intwined hands.

"Jessica knows were lying, though." Tiffany murmured, doing the same.

Taecyeon shrugged as he pulled him into a bear hug. "She'll get over it. She loves us both too much."

When Tiffany's worried frown resurfaced, Taecyeon nudged her rib. "Besides, she's probably just worried that I'll 'break your heart.'" He said, still holding her hand as he made quotation marks in the air.

"You can always bribe her with free coffee and a group hug." Said a voice from behind them.

Looking back they saw the blonde girl smile at them, arms outstreched. The couple took her in their embrace as they chuckled.

"You are becoming one nosy little brat, Jung Sooyeon." Taecyeon declared ruffling her hair.

"Not my fault you two were talking by the door." Jessica replied snotily, "You were lucky the other members didn't eavesdrop like I did."

Tiffany rolled her eyes as she pushed Teacyeon away from their mini-group hug, her arms remaining around Jessica.

"Thanks for the save, Ok-cat." She said with an eye-smile, "But you better get going. It's getting late."

"All right, ladies," He consented, faking a low bow, "I shall take my leave now."

He was prepared to walk away when he remembered one small detail.

"Hey girls," He called to them. "Who's blood were you scrubbing of the floor?"

The girls laughed out loud, looking at him as if he said he was unfortunately gay. He rolled his eyes, arms crossed above his chest as he waited impatiently for an answer. The girls stopped laughing abruptly as they realized that he was seriously asking them the question.

"Oppa that was red tea." Jessica told him, her tone mocking him as she pointed on the reddish stain on her blouse.

"Jessica was mad about something and bumped the tea out of Seohyun's hand while berating me." Tiffany explained. "Seriously Oppa? Blood? You're crazy."

Taecyeon watched, dumb-founded, as the girl shook their heads disbelievingly before re-entering their dorm. 

"Hey Almond?" He called back as they opened the door.

Tiffany stopped half-way in, looking back at him. Jessica held the door to wait for the younger girl, as the rest of the members gathered by the door to say goodbye to the beastly idol.

"Go on, Unnie," Sooyoung prodded.

"Huh?" Tiffany asked, blinking blankly.

"Go give your boyfriend a kiss, Pabo." Hyoyeon rolled her eyes in response.

Sensing that Tiffany was less than comfortable to do what the girls were teasing her to do. Taecyeon stepped forward, holding Tiffany's cheek as he swooped down to kiss the corner of her lips.

-