Yours.

Best. Friend.

Chapter Ten: Yours

Tiffany closed her eyes, relishing in the feeling of his lips on hers. Her arms flew around his neck as he deepened the kiss, holding onto it for dear life. He smiled against her lips, heart pounding as his tongue duelled against hers. They broke apart only to breathe—eyes locked to each other, foreheads touching. He caressed her cheek, her head bowed as he kissed her hair. They stood still, arms around each other.

“You know I won’t let you go anymore, right?” He asked, voice husky due to their kiss.

“I don’t want you to, anyway.” She responded, hugging him tight.

He chuckled, “Just so we’re on the same page, Tiffany Hwang,” He whispered as he tipped her chin up to look at him, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

Too happy to respond with words, she nodded—squealing as his lips descended on hers for another kiss.

-

The couple were at the girls’ dorm, enjoying a lazy afternoon. Tiffany was watching variety shows with the girls while Taecyeon opted to scour the web for commentaries on 2PM’s latest performances. She was in the middle of laughing at one of the jokes when she spotted Taecyeon’s dismal expression.

“Oppa, you’re frowning again.” Tiffany whispered to him as he continued to stare at his laptop screen.

Her eyebrows met as she tried to peek at what was making him upset. She blinked, unable to decide whether she’ll laugh or frown as well. After a moment, she decided to do neither. She chose to slap his arm, keeping a straight face. Her eyebrows rose threateningly as he looked up at her. He finally stopped his staring battle with his device and paid attention to his girlfriend.

Ah, that felt nice to say, he thought, Girlfriend. But she didn’t look too happy with him right now.

“Yes my Fanny-ah?” He asked in a cautiously small voice.

“Ya, Ok Taecyeon,” She murmured with a frown, “Mind explaining why you’re searching the net for ‘Sifany’?”

Taecyeon gulped as she continued to eye him in disappointment. “I was just... Curious?”

“About what,” She asked sternly.

“All right, all right,” He sighed in admission, closing his laptop before setting it aside and pulling her into his arms. “I’m still a little jealous of him, that’s all.”

Tiffany smiled, hugging back as she settled in his arms and leant her head against his chest.

“No need to be jealous, my dearest Walnut,” She whispered, “Siwon-oppa is just a very close friend.”

Taecyeon frowned deeper at the mention of his name.

Tiffany chuckled before adding, “Besides, aren’t I already yours?”

“Okay, but please avoid more scandals with him.” He pleaded with as much aegyo he can muster, “I don’t think my heart can take much more of those.”

Tiffany just rolled his eyes at her boyfriend’s hysterics.

Whoa, she thought, Boyfriend. Though her insides jumped at the thought of Ok Taecyeon finally becoming her boyfriend, she still found it surreal that she was finally in a relationship with him. She was here, in their dorm, in his arms.

“Ya, Hwang Miyoung,” Jessica shrieked, eyeing the couple with disgust, “Ok Taecyeon! What are you two doing?”

The couple were conveniently ignored by the rest of the girls, but Jessica seemed to think their PDA improper. Tiffany giggled as she broke free from Taec’s embrace and opened her arms to the blonde girl. Jessica immediately smiled and jumped in her arms. Taecyeon frowned. Seeing this, Jessica poked her tongue at him.

“Jessie-ah,” He cooed, brushing Jessica’s blonde locks as she settled on Tiffany’s lap. “Why don’t you go away for a while and let Oppa have quality time with Fanny-ah?”

Jessica shook her head stubbornly as she tightened her grip around Tiffany’s shoulders. He sighed in frustration, weaving his arm around the giggling Tiffany’s waist to at least have a little contact.

“You want me to pry her away, oppa?” Sunny offered, looking at Jessica menacingly.

Jessica scoffed as she poked her tongue at the shorter girl. Feeling challenged, Sunny growled as she pulled Sica by the head.

The blonde girl fought to keep herself anchored to Fanny’s arms, flailing to fend Sunny off. In the process she hit Hyoyeon who was sitting by Fanny’s feet.

“Oh no, you didn’t,” Hyoyeon declared as she joined in the mini wrestling match, gripping Jessica’s feet to pull her to the floor—bumping into Yuri who lay on her belly on the carpeted floor.

Yuri screamed, “Get off me,” as Sunny landed on Sica, who landed on Hyoyeon, who rolled unto Yuri. Hyoyeon was pushed off Yuri and unto Sooyoung’s lap and knocked over Yoona, who was sitting beside her.

“Ya, you wanna die?” Sooyoung asked crossly as she dove into the wrestling scene, pulling Yuri’s foot and Yoona’s hair as Jessica reached for their maknae’s leg.

“No, no,” Seohyun flailed refusing to be dragged into her unnies’ little game.

“Too late for that,” Yoona declared as she dove to tackle their youngest.

Taecyeon watched the girls wide-eyed as they continued their brawl across the living room floor. Tiffany and Taeyeon caught each other’s eye as they both stood to calmly pull the girls apart.

“Ya!” Taeyeon screamed authoritatively, “We have a guest and you’re all acting like mongrels.”

With a roar, Hyoyeon caught Taeyeon’s waist pulled her into the rumble. Someone caught Tiffany’s foot too, but Taecyeon was quick enough to pull her away. She landed on his lap instead.

Blushing at the unexpected intimacy, she shyly nodded when he asked, “How about that quality time I was asking for?”

Tiffany looked at the girls with a worried frown, but thought that even Manager Hwang deserved a day off. Chuckling at her thoughts, she stood and pulled Taecyeon away from the chaotic living room. And hand in hand, the couple exited the dorm—leaving behind a tangle of eight pairs of arms and legs.