The invitation

Best. Friend.

 

I find that I feel compelled to write for Fan-shipping that does not really have much following. Hope you guys enjoy this short Teacfany fic which I made in my mind to satisfy my personal Taecfany craving.

 

Chapter 1: The Invitation

Tiffany Hwang was rolling over and about her bed, racking her head for something to do. She was getting bored out of her wit’s end. It was a slow week for her group, having only wrapped up their Run Devil Run promotions. She sighed heavily, tossing her pillow blindly across her room.

“Ya, Fanny-ah,” Jessica growled as she fell victim to Tiffany’s flying pillow. “I am not in the mood for a pillow fight!”

Tiffany rolled her eyes, “Neither am I, Jess.” She said with another sigh, “I was bored and I forgot you were there.”

“What do you take me for?” Jessica scoffed, throwing the pillow back to its owner, “Some kind of furniture?”

“Could be,” She replied with a giggle, “Why are you even hanging out in my room?”

Jessica just shrugged and threw herself back into the couch. Tiffany giggled, knowing full well that her friend’s actions were probably random. She was about to poke fun at the girl across her room, when the ringing of her phone interrupted her train of thought.

“Yeoboseyo?” She answered, not bothering to peek at who was calling.

“Hey, how’s my favourite girl?” The caller said in English.

“Taec-oppa, what do you need from me?” She said, pulling herself to a sitting position, as she answered in English as well.

She was greeted by a chuckle from the other end of the line. “Harsh. Can’t a guy call his friend without sounding like such a user?”

She giggled, falling back to the bed as she anticipates comfortable banter.

“Well, he can,” She answered thoughtfully, “But you calling me your favourite girl—Hey look, Jessica’s pouting—is an indication that you are about to ask a favour from me.”

Jessica jumped from the couch to her bed, trying to listen in on the conversation. Tiffany rolled her eyes, trying to push her friends face away from hers.

“Fair enough,” The guy laughingly conceded, “Tell Jessica, she is still, in theory, my favourite girl. After all, you’re one of the boys.”

Tiffany quirked an eyebrow, “Me—one of the boys? Have you lost your mind Oppa?”

Jessica snickered, rolling about Tiffany’s bed in laughter; Tiffany huffed before giving the blonde girl a playful kick, earning a loud groan from her victim. She continued her kicks, a blatant effort to get the other girl out of the bed—and her room, if possible.

“You’re such a guy sometimes, Tiffany.” Teacyeon stated matter-of-factly, “Like for instance, I can bet my pinkie you are actually kicking Jessica off the bed—literally.”

Tiffany held her leg in mid-air, surprised that he has easily guessed her intentions.

“So what do you want?” She asked irritably, pouting tentatively as she resumed her lazy sprawl across the bed.

She idly played with Jessica’s blonde locks as the other girl rested her head on Tiffany’s stomach. There was a long pause, causing Jessica to look at her inquisitively. She cleared , prompting Teacyeon to stammer nervously.

“Well—um—I... You see, we need to invite a friend over for the next episode of Family Outing.” He explained hesitantly.

“Really? Oh cool!” She exclaimed in faux interest, “So who do you want me to ask for you?”

“I’m asking YOU to go with me, Pabo.” He replied with a sigh.

“Oh.” Again the pause, Tiffany was choosing her words carefully. “Why would you invite me?”

Taecyeon chuckled, “It’s called the best friend episode, Pabo. Of course I’ll invite you!”

She giggled uncertainly, with her phone in her ear, waiting amidst the comfortable silence. Jessica looked at her curiously, lifting herself up and attaching herself to Tiffany’s phone. Tiffany scoffed, but did not move away.

“What did Oppa say?” Jessica prompted when she got no resistance.

“Yah, Jessica Jung,” Taecyeon said as he overheard Jessica’s question, “Quit eavesdropping.”

Tiffany laughed as she watched Jessica sit up and pout at her. “Alright, Oppa,” She finally answered with a sigh. “I’ll do it.”

“Bwoh,” Jessica exclaimed, “Do what? Do what?”

Tiffany ignored the blonde girl’s question as he heard Teacyeon voice out his gratitude continuously. “I’ll hit you hard if I don’t like it. So don’t thank me yet.”

“I’ll make sure you like it, then.” He replied before saying his goodbyes and ending the call.

Tiffany put her phone down, a smile spreading unconsciously across her face. Jessica’s playful pout turned into a worried frown. She flicked on Tiffany’s forehead, effectively waking the other girl from a daydream.

“Fany,” She called, her tone heavy with warning, “You should be more careful.”

“Careful with what?” Tiffany asked, eyebrows raised, “This is Ok Taecyeon we’re talking about.”

“Exactly the point.” Jessica said as she got off the bed, hands on her hips. “This is Ok Taecyeon we’re talking about. He has a scandal with Yoong, and he’s a close friend to both of us—to you especially.”

“And?”

“You might end up liking him, Tiff, and—wait!” Jessica halted as she saw the deer on headlights look Tiffany had. “You already do, don’t you?”

Tiffany looked away, biting her lips guiltily. Jessica sat back down, sighing as she gathered Tiffany in her arms. The brunette sighed as she rested her chin on the other girl’s shoulders. “You stop this right now, okay? Right now! N.O.W. Now.” Jessica said humorously, trying to lift the mood. Tiffany snorted, her arms moving to return Jessica’s tight hug. She wishing the feelings will go away--NOW!