YoonExpected Complications

Best. Friend.

 

Chapter 4: Yoon-expected Complications

Tiffany smiled uneasily as Taecyeon got asked whether it was Yoona or her that was closer to his ideal girl. She pointed at Yoona in an attempt to show that she didn’t want to contest. The elders thought it funny to make a game out of it, throwing in other contestants.

“Sorry about this,” Taecyeon murmured as the rest discussed the rules, “Is this making you uncomfortable?”

“The truth?” She asked back, amused with the serious expression on her friend’s face.

He nodded, but as Tiffany was about to answer, Saeyeon pushed Taecyeon’s head to get his attention. The group shared humorous laughter at the violent and sudden way Saeyeon commanded attention. In the end the love line contestants were Tiffany, Yoona, Wonhee, Saeyeon and Bongsun.

The first two rounds were won by Saeyeon. “There is comfortable charm to her,” Taecyeon reasoned out. Saeyeon looked very pleased with her wins, but Jo Kwon argued with Taecyeon’s reason.

“No, no,” He declared, as if he was very sure, “It’s because Noona looks like Tiffany!”

The group cheered. Saeyeon placed her arms around the couple, announcing that she and Tiffany share the same stem cell. Tiffany blushed shyly. Shrugging off the uncomfortable surroundings, Taecyeon thought it best to distract Tiffany and him with cooking more pancakes. He was just finished flipping the pancakes when Heechul pointed out that they had to shake of the awkward atmosphere, before proceeding with the “main event.”

“Make sure the edges don’t stick to the pan.” He told Tiffany.

“Huh?” She asked, feeling lost as she felt her heart beat faster.

“I said, you have to flick the edges so it won’t burn.” He repeated, reaching out to lower the fire—just as Tiffany reached out as well—grazing the back of her hand with his. They both withdrew their hand quickly as if on fire.

“Omo, what are you two doing?” Heechul asked suspiciously as he pointed at the two.

“Why? What were they doing?”

“We—we were frying pancakes!” They both babbled.

Choosing to ignore the couple, Wonhee told Junho to let Yoona sit beside the couple to make it look more interesting. Madame Kim proceeded to move over the end of the group where Tiffany was to relieve her of cooking duties. Finding no more need to keep her hair bound, Tiffany pulled on her ribbon, letting her curled mane tumble behind her.

“Bwoh, Tiffany has let her hair down!” Heechul commented. “Long hair has always been a man’s preference.”

“I lose now.” Yoona commented repeatedly, “I lose now.”

Tiffany sighed, watching as Yoona was convinced to flip her hair. Taecyeon watched with a tight-lipped smile, gripping his hands tight—through his peripheral vision he watched as Tiffany fidgeted with her hands, the smile in her lips quivering. This must be making her very uneasy. He thought, frowning. If I pick her, she’d surely get teased even more.

Tiffany held her breath as she closed her eyes, hoping to the heavens that the pancake in Taecyeon’s hands would graze her lips. Taecyeon sighed, watching as Tiffany transferred her hands she used to cover her ears to her eyes. Here goes nothing. He thought as he pushed the pancake bit against Yoona’s lips.

Tiffany smiled sadly as she opened her eyes to find Yoona chewing on the pancake Taecyeon fed her. A pang of jealousy hit her, her sad eyes evident even as Heechul declared her winner over Yoona. The group’s scandal craving has now been satisfied—finally leaving the youngsters alone as they all set out to finish dinner.

As they set out to finish dinner preparations, Wonhee introduced the sixth best friend to join the show. They watched as the new arrival danced to the beat. Teacyeon watched in disinterest, anxious to find out Tiffany’s reaction to the previous events.

“Spacing out?” She whispered.

“No.”

“Really?” She asked with eyes narrowed with suspicion, “You look lost, Oppa.”

Taecyeon chuckled, distracting her with a teasing remark. “Your hair is falling all over the food.”

Tiffany looked appalled. “They do not!”

“Here.” Taecyeon said, picking up imaginary hair from the pancake plate.

Tiffany squints her eyes to see what he was pinching, still finding nothing. She reached out, her fingers barely touching his. She shivered involuntarily at the contact.

“You’re cold.” Taecyeon noted, removing his vest to wrap her with it.

Tiffany blushed as she felt his eyes studying her.

“How is it so far?” He leaned slightly toward her to whisper.

“It’s horrible Oppa,” She teased playfully, only to retract her statements as Taecyeon’s face contorted with anxiety. “I was kidding, Taec—relax.”

Taecyeon rolled his eyes, watching as she stood to help out with the dinner preparations. Ah, always so domesticated. He noted mentally, as he saw her scurry with plates and bowls across the platform. 

-----

Let's leave this chapter as it is, yes? I note your comment on it being to much of a copy of the FO2 Episode. I apologize. I got carried away, I think. That episode wreaks of Taecfany love, don't you think? :)