Chapter Twelve: Of gags and sweet nothings

Best. Friend.

 

Chapter Twelve: Of gags and sweet nothings

Tiffany skipped her way into the kitchen, humming an upbeat song as she busied herself with preparing the girls’ breakfast. Sooyoung, who she didn’t notice sitting by the kitchen counter eating chips, peered at her curiously as she continued her chore. Sooyoung tilted her head in observation.

“Seriously Unnie,” Sooyoung suddenly sputtered, mouth still full, “You are creeping me out.”

Jumping at Sooyoung’s sudden remark, Tiffany grabbed the shirt above her own chest.

“Crap, Soo,” Tiffany mumbled, reaching out to mess the younger girl’s hair. “You scared me. I didn’t notice you sitting there.”

“Sure you wouldn’t notice.” Sooyoung grumbled, stuffing more chips in , “You’re busy seeing rose petals and butterflies in your head.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at her, not ready to admit that the shikshin’s observations were true.

“Shut up,” She murmured with a frown, “And don’t speak with your mouth full.” She added authoritatively, as if to remind Sooyoung who was older.

Sooyoung giggled, shrugging away Tiffany’s commentary. The older girl continued her cooking duties while Sooyoung kept her company. She was almost done when a frowning Yoona walked in the kitchen, hugging a pillow with her right arm, while her left hand held up her phone.

“Ya, Unnie phone,” Yoona said grumpily, sitting beside Sooyoung on the counter.

Tiffany took the phone, curiously eyeing the upset younger girl.

“Yeoboseyo,” Tiffany spoke through the receiver.

Good morning, beautiful.Taecyeon rasped from the other line. Why weren’t you picking up?

Tiffany giggled, biting her fingernails to stop herself from squealing. “I didn’t know you’d call so early. You’ve woken our Yoong up. She seems very upset.”

Well, you had me worried yeobo, he responded. I really hate being this far from you.

“It will only be for a few weeks, yeobo,” She replied with a smile, ignoring the gagging sounds both Yoona and Sooyoung made when they heard her say their endearment. “We’ll only be in Japan to record a few songs then I’ll be back with you soon.”

You should hurry home.He pleaded. I miss you so much as it is.

“I miss you too.” Tiffany sighed, biting her lip as Sooyoung and Yoona squealed in the background.

She heard him sigh in frustration. All right, take care of yourself yeobo. I call you again later, ‘kay? I love you.

“Okay.” She said with a smile. “I love you, too.”

Tiffany sighed as soon as the line went dead, giving Yoona back her phone.

“Aww, Unnie,” Yoona whined as she saw Tiffany’s face, “Don’t be sad.”

“Yeah,” Sooyoung seconded, “Like you said, we’ll only be gone a few weeks.”

Tiffany tried to smile as the girls stood to give her a comforting hug. Just then, their maknae walked in to find her Unnies in a group hug.

“I wanna join!” Seohyun whined, walking toward them, arms outstretched.

Just as she was about to reach them, she was stopped by Sooyoung’s hand on her face.

“We don’t want you.” Sooyoung said haughtily.

“Fanny-Unnie, they’re bullying me!” Seohyun frowned, hiding behind Tiffany with a hug.

Tiffany chuckled, her worries about Taecyeon reduced as she watched her members engage in playful banter—all the while looking forward to the day she’ll be back in Taec’s arms.