4: One Way or Another

Moon in My Eye

Warning: Language

Kai has a mouth on him so I wanted to give you fair warning. I'm not sure if it's 'M' tag worthy. If it is, let me know. 
But if Kai is in an update, you can expect some kind of swearing. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I spotted Kai before he entered his room.

“Kai!”

He looked at me, surprised. We didn’t exactly get along. He was loud and boisterous and arrogant. He was good and he knew it and it made him an . The only time we really interacted with each other was in the gym when we sparred and usually it was only physical as we tried to knock out the other.

His lip curled up in a sneer. “What do you want?”

I fought back the snarl. “Take me with you.”

He snorted and opened his door, then turned to face me completely. “I already picked the two coming with me. Besides, you’re not trained enough for this—you’d only get in the way.”

He turned to go in his room but I quickly grabbed the door handle and slammed it close, hitting him in the face. Kai took a step back, rubbing his nose and glaring at me.

“The hell! You think I’d let you in with what you just did?”

“I’ve been training for three years, Kai, and I’m better than most of you. You know that.”

“Sparring and fighting for your life are two completely different things, you moron. You’re only going to get yourself killed.”

“Look, I’m touched that you care so much,” I snapped, “But I won’t accept no for an answer. I’m coming along, whether you like it or not.”

Kai snarled. “Why are you so damn stubborn? I know why you want to come. I get it. I do. You want to find out if these bastards are the same ones that attacked you—”

“Then you know why you’re going to bring me along. You know I’ll be more motivated to find them.”

Kai threw up his hands. “Fine! You know what? I don’t give a if you live or die. But if you get in my way, be sure I’ll be the one to rip your pretty little head of your shoulders. Now move. I’m going to need all the sleep I can get if I’m going to deal with you for who knows how long.”

He shoved me out of the way, opening his door and slamming it roughly. When I turned to go to my room, there was Sehun.

 

“Don’t go.” Sehun whined as I got ready for bed.

“Sehun, stop. I don’t want to hear it.”

But of course he didn’t listen. “Don’t do this to yourself, noona.”

I whirled on him. “Do what, Sehun? Get justice for what happened?”

“But you don’t even know if it is them!” He objected. “Noona, you were doing so well. You weren’t having nightmares anymore and you’ve started to smile again. You’ve made a home here. Noona, don’t go.”

My chest hurt. “I have to! The nightmares never stopped! I just learned to be quiet about it. They follow me into the day now—every time I close my eyes I see them, see what they did. I smile? So what if I smile! Just because I smile doesn’t erase what they did to me. I’m going.”

We stood there, facing each other. I was panting and out of breath from my outburst.

“Then . . . take me with you.” He pleaded.

I shook my head. “No.”

“Why not?”

“Because I said so! Tomorrow I leave with Kai and you stay here. This conversation is over.” I hopped into bed and pulled the covers over me.

Sehun hesitated, whimpering, before he sullenly slunk out of the room.