32: Moon in My Eye

Moon in My Eye

Get ready for some fluff guys . . . .
But this will explain the title I gave this story~ :D

----------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up, tired and completely content. I looked at his window and realized I was morning. Everything from last night slowly came back to me and I buried my face into the pillow. I guess my shifting woke up Kris as well. His arm tightened around me and I felt his lips on the back of my neck.

I shifted so I was looking at him and he gave me a slow, content smile. “Good morning.”

I felt my whole body heat up as a blush covered my body. “G-good morning.”

He brushed some hair away from my face. “Have I mentioned how cute you are when you blush?”

I buried my face into his chest, trying to hide my embarrassed smile. Last night had been . . . it hadn’t been what I was expecting. Then again, I had no idea what to expect. There were a few times that I panicked, a few times were I remembered and had to have Kris calm me down and remind me I was safe. That he wasn’t them. Other than that, everything had been . . . .

“What are you thinking about?” He asked curiously.

“N-nothing.”

“Hm. You know, I’ve been thinking.”

I turned up and looked at his face. “Thinking? How long had you been awake?”

He grinned. “A while.” I squeaked as he rolled us over and he was propped up above me. “As creeper as it sounds, I liked watching you sleep.”

“You’re right. That does sound creeper,” I agreed.

“Hush. That aside, I was thinking about your nickname.”

I groaned. “This again?”

He grinned and gave me a quite peck. “This again. Do you know the story about the wolf and the moon maiden?”

“Moon maiden?”

“Mhm. Long ago, there were two lovers who walked the skies, named Yue and Xinzai.” I couldn’t help the snort of a laugh that left my mouth. Kris gave me a stern look, but smiled. “Hush. I’m telling a story. All the gods were jealous of these two and their great love. Due to their envy, they turned to the Trickster and demanded they split the two lovers up.” Could tell this was going to be a long story, so I shifted so I was more comfortable. “So the Trickster came to Xinzai and told him that there was a flower of the greatest beauty on earth. He told Xinzai that his lover wanted those flowers and would prove his everlasting love. But it was forbidden for any deity to place a foot on mortal land. So Xinzai asked the Trickster how he could obtain these flowers.

“The Trickster said he could disguise Xinzai as creature of the earth and would not be found out. Xinzai accepted the Trickster’s help, and the Trickster turned him into a wolf so he could sniff out the flowers. He told Xinzai that no one, not even the Trickster himself, would be able to find him as long as he had this form. Once Xinzai was placed on the earth, the Trickster alerted the others gods and they began looking for Xinzai.”

“But if he was a wolf . . .”

“He lied. They found Xinzai and punished him and cursed him to take wolf form for the rest of his life. Yue was helpless to stop any of it, but refused to leave him to a life of loneliness. So she turned herself into the moon every night so he could see her. And each night, Xinzai would howl to her his longing, and sometimes he would howl in the daytime too, so great was his longing and love. The Trickster, realizing that their love could not be stopped by distance, regretted his actions. And once every month, he allowed Yue to step down from the sky so they could spend one night together. But only that one night a month.”

“That’s so sad. Why would you tell me that story?”

“Because, though it is tragic, it is a romantic story.” I rolled my eyes and laughed. “Stop that. It is. And I wanted you to understand where your nickname came from.”

“Oh. I had forgotten about that. What’s my nickname?” I asked curiously.

He gave a timid smile. His hand laid flat over my heart. “Xīn.”

“What does that mean?” I asked breathlessly.

“Heart. You’re my heart. You’re the moon in my eye.”

“What?” I asked, a bit confused.

He smiled and leaned down to give me a slow, long, and heated kiss. It left me completely speechless, limp, and hot. “It just means you’re the only one I see.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

GAWD. So much fluff it hurts hahaha

NOW! Question for ya'll. Though it makes me uncomfortable, I can write a '' scene, but it won't be posted on this story (I'll probably have an excerpt and update it like a new story). That being said, I will only do this IF people comment that they would like it. 
But, be forewarned: I don't like revealing EVERYTHING. So, again, it won't be " " but rather a more  . . . erm, detailed account of what happened? Yeah, we'll go with that. 
As a commentor stated, I kind of like to keep these two as 'clean' as possible. Their kind of too stinkin' cute to put a full on scene in here. Ya know?

ANYWAY let me know your thoughts~!