Just friends

the Shop around the Corner

 

"A guy and a girl can be just friends.

But at one point or another, they will fall for each other.

Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Donghae, on his way to Paris’s building, carried a bunch of daisies, wrapped in cellophane. He walked into the elevator and pressed on the 12th floor button.

He stood in front of the door of Paris’s apartment and looked up a tag next to the buzzer that said Yoon Paris & Kim Lilly. He pressed the buzzer. Nothing. Pressed again.

“Who is that?” Paris spoke through the intercom.

“I brought flowers.” Donghae spoke.

“Wrong house.”

“It’s me, Donghae.” He sighed. “You knight in shining armor.”

“Go away.” Paris, in her pajama, horrified.

“Open the door or else I will tell the world that you ual harassed Super Junior’s Donghae by shoving your tongue inside my mouth.” Donghae spoke in a serious tone.

“You started it first.” Paris spoke through the intercom, still refused to open the door.

“Let’s see who they will believe.” Donghae chuckled.

The two just stood there silently for what seemed like a century.

“Hey, are you still there?” Donghae broke the silence.

There was no answer.

“May I use your bathroom?” Donghae continued.

There was still no sound from the other side of the door.

“If you don’t open your door in the count of ten, I’m gonna piss in front of your house.” Donghae threatened.

“Oh no you wouldn’t.” Paris hissed.

“Try me.”

All of a sudden, the door clicked open. Paris poked her head out. “You have two minutes, the bathroom is located on the left.”

“I brought you flowers.” Donghae smiled.

“Don’t you need to use the bathroom?”

“No.”

Paris rolled her eyes, then took the flowers and walked to the kitchen. She looked for a vase then filled with water and put the daisies in. Donghae was sitting on a kitchen chair, staring at Paris amusingly.

“You look like a mess.” Donghae commented.

“I’m at home, I don’t need to look good.” Paris put the vase on the counter and sat on a chair in front of Donghae.

“I never said you look bad.” Donghae smiled.

“What do you want?” Paris played with the petals.

“Can’t I visit my friend?”

“We are not friends.” Paris answered still not looking at Donghae.

“Do you want to go out for lunch?” Donghae asked, looking at his watch.

“I thought you didn’t believe that women and men could be friends.” Paris looked up.

“When did I say that?”

“Yesterday.”

“I never said anything like that.” Donghae stubbornly answered.

“You look young but you indeed have the brain of a 90 years old man.” Paris nodded her head.

“Go change. I’ll take you out to lunch.” Donghae winked. “My treat.”

“Are you asking me out on a date?” Paris widened her eyes.

“Of course not.” He shoved Paris into her room. “It’s a friend hangout.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Donghae and Paris were walking along Onion Street. The weather was summery beautiful. No clouds. No rain. No thunder. Just the bright sun shining above.

Paris was wearing a white short sleeves shirt with vertical dark grey stripes; a Dolce and Gabbana faded blue jeans. She had on her favorite black Jimmy Choo wedge, her Gucci oversized sunglasses and a blue French beret. A black Chanel 2.55 flap bag was dangling on her left shoulder.

“What do you like?” Donghae asked. “Chinese food, Italian food, Japanese food?”

“I like Japanese food.” Paris smiled.

“I know a nice Japanese restaurant on Bean Sprouts Avenue, not very far from here.”

Donghae grabbed Paris’s hand and dragged her with him. She had no choice but to follow since she knew she wouldn’t be able to escape from his strong hold. For some strange reasons, she found herself enjoying thi man's grip.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the coolest Japanese restaurant that Paris’d ever been to. There were bamboo blinds separated each table, and also to give the customers privacy. Customers went there had to take off their shoes and sat on those light brown sedge mats.

Donghae and Paris chose a table in the corner so nobody could recognize him.

Paris stole a glance at Donghae. Paris’d seen many of Super Junior music videos and shows; she had to agree that Donghae was the best looking among them. For other people, they may had prefer Siwon’s, Sungmin’s or Leeteuk’s look but for Paris there was something so right about Donghae that she couldn’t be able to find any words to explain.

After taking order, Donghae turned his attention back to Paris.

“Do you know what are the three easiest ways to die?” Donghae spoke.

“That’s the most random and stupidest question I’ve ever heard.” Paris rolled her eyes. “And no, I do not wish to know.”

“You do tend to roll your eyes often.” Donghae chuckled.

“It’s really none of your business.”

“Don’t try to be tough.” Donghae smiled. “You are much more prettier when you act nice and girly.”

“Thank you for your advice. But you don’t need to tell me what I need to be.”

“If you puff a cigarette daily, you’ll die ten years early.”

“I said I don’t want to know.”

“If you drink alcohol daily, you’ll die 30 years early.” Donghae continued, ignoring Paris.

“And if you love someone who doesn’t love you back…” Donghae stopped himself then stared into Paris’s big chocolate brown eyes.

“Then what?” Paris asked impatiently.

“I thought you don’t want to know.” Donghae chuckled.

“If you love someone who doesn’t love you back, you’ll die daily.” Donghae whispered quietly, still kept his gaze fixed on Paris’s breathtakingly beautiful face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I really wanted to drag this chapter longer since i didn't update yesterday, but i was  stuck >_< so sorry

Paris's outfit   -   http://bit.ly/aGzUSu