Ch07 - Good morning

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Taehyun's POV

_______________________________________________________________________________________

"Good morning, hyung! Are you ready? I'm parked downstairs" I said, cheerfully.

"You are? When you said you'd pick me up... I thought you meant for the show tonight. You're picking me up for school?"

"Yeah, why not? Sorry to surprise ya. I'll be down here just come down whenever you're ready." I heard slamming noises coming from the other end. He must be rushing pretty bad.. Guess he's not a morning person. I thought.

"Yeah...uh...... I'll be right there. Like five minutes. I'm coming."

"Ok see ya soon." I said, hanging up. I checked my messages to find my inbox flooded with comments about tongiht. Everyone was super pschyed and had heard about the kid from our school I had taken an interest in. Damn, I didn't even try and already Mino has their attention.

I sighed and the radio while I waited. My favorite singer, Seungyoon's new single was on. Perfect! I thought. I texted Jinwoo, letting him know it was on and to turn it to that station. He was riding with his girlfriend, Bora, that morning; as he probably spent the night there.

We were huge fans of Seungyoon since before he debuted. We had watched him on a music talent show and fell in love with his vocals and quirky personality. I hummed along to the song for a minute and looked out towards Mino's building. It looked slightly different in the daytime. The dirty, salmon colored paint was flaking off and there was a huge crack in one of the first floor windows.

I spotted him opening the door, hastily, and jogging towards me. His uniform shirt was still partially ed giving me a small glimpse of skin; and his tie hanged loose around his neck, flopping in the wind. He wore thin framed, round glasses, which I wasn't sure he needed for vision but it suited him. He put his red hat on backwards as he neared me. I reveled at his eagerness. I somehow doubted he was usually this excited to get to school.

"Did you sleep well?"

"...Yeah, pretty good." He said, blinking hard.  You could tell he hadn't gotten more than a couple of hours.

"Hey don't worry man, you're gonna do great. I believe in you." I figured he was pretty nervous, since his first stage was tonight.

"Thanks...yeah I'm not too worried. I just really hate mornings." He mumbled, fixing his shirt and tie.

"I can understand that.. Sorry for showing up, unexpectedly. I hope you weren't rushing 'cause of me."

He burst out in chuckles. "Nah, dude. I'm really glad you're here.." he paused and glanced at me "..I mean, I don't have to walk. Which is nice.."

"You're welcome." I gave him a reassuring nod, still focusing on driving. A feeling of contentment washed over me. I could get addicted to the soothing effect his presence gave me. I grinned at him. "Maybe I should do it more often."

When we got to the school, I spotted my crowd hanging out in the courtyard, near the large fountain in front of the school. The fountain was made of black steel and round. The centerpiece was a majestic, roaring panther; our school mascot. It was typical that we would all gather here and talk whenever the club was having a big event, or if everyone wanted to discuss plans for the weekend.

I ran my hands through my hair and got out of the car. I walked around to the passenger side, opening the door for Mino. I paused to wonder why I did that; I guess I was used to there being a girl on that side. He beamed at me saying thanks, and I wrapped an arm around his shoulder like I did the first time we met. He was a bit taller than me, I  noticed.

Most of the group became silent and watched us as we neared them. I introduced Mino to Hyuna, Hanbin, Hyorin, Bora, and pointed out Jinwoo again. They all greeted him politely. The girls seemed more and more interested as he they heard him speak. I asked Hyuna where my girlfriend, Gayoon, was and she simply stated she was having woman troubles but she would be at the show, tonight.

I felt a sense of relief with her not being there. Which was odd because I normally appreciated the eye candy.

"So what's going on after the show? Anyone got anything?" asked Hanbin.

"Mino here is having an after party to celebrate his first stage." I stated, without hesitating. I looked beside me to meet Mino's eyes and bit the side of my lip.

He his lips, looking a little hesitant, but quickly agreed with my plan.

"Only a few people, though. My neighbors complain enough about us, already."

The girls giggled at his comment. Mino smiled at them, bashfully. I felt a twinge of discomfort at this.

Hyuna stepped forward towards him, locking eyes "Sounds pretty sweet. You can count me in." She fixed his tie, letting her hand slide down his chest. She smiled at him and walked away. Bora and Hyorin trailed behind her, whispering to each other.

Jinwoo and Hanbin rolled their eyes, being familiar with Hyuna's tactics. They had both dated her before.

"Bora, wait up!... I'll see you guys later." Jinwoo waved to us and chased after his girlfriend. The three of us watched in silence for a few seconds.

Hanbin put a hand on Mino's shoulder "Be careful, man. She may be charming but that girl is ing vicious." he said, emphasizing the word 'vicious'.

Mino's jaw dropped but no words came out. I sighed and shook my head. "He's right."

Anyways...that's enough of that. I thought, really annoyed.

I pulled on Mino's arm and we headed indoors.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Sort of a lazy-weekend-morning update for ya'll. I know I still haven't gotten to the show (and now the after party and all that ) but I'll be updating again very soon (maybe later today). Feel free to comment!! xD Thanks again to all my subscribers and anyone reading this <♥3