Ch11 - Secret Love

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Mino's POV

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I stood in the lunch line, turning when I heard my name called.

I smiled and waved at Zico, who was walking by, holding hands with Hyuna.

He made his way to the popular table and sat down, doing a handshake with Hanbin. I quickly gathered my food items and slid the tray forward, brightly greeting the lunch lady at the cash register. I reached for my pocket when I felt a familiar hand slip into mine. "I got ya, babe." he whispered. I cleared my throat and walked away with my tray, letting him pay the woman.

I thought I told him he didn't have to do that every time.. I sighed. I sat down across from Zico, next to another empty seat. "Wassup, bruh?" he said. I smiled at Jinwoo and Hyorin, who were also at the table. Taehyun finally joined us, next to me. He reached his hand under the table, caressing my thigh. I flinched a bit and elbowed him, making him giggle. 

We had been secretly dating for the past two weeks. It was really hard to contain ourselves in public and Taehyun simply adored teasing me as much as possible. The day after my performance, Taehyun broke up with Gayoon. She didn't seem too broken up about it, though, as she told him she already had a back up.

He broke the news to me the following Monday morning, when he picked me up for school, in one of his dad's other cars, a black Cadillac CTS-V Coupe. I didn't care much about cars but that one really impressed me. We ended up playing hooky and driving out to the beach, where we talked about what had happened.

There wasn't much I had wanted to say, except that this was really new to me and I wanted to take things slowly. I still barely knew anything about him, for god's sake! He agreed and we have been meeting sometimes after school to talk and such. He would come over to my place, a lot, and had become friendly with my friends. I had even starting showing him how I composed music, as he seemed super interested in it.

We hadn't had , yet, since we were trying to take it slow. We made out, a lot, though and came really close. I pretty much chickened out, each time. I had watched plenty of gay with Seunghoon but I was just afraid of doing something wrong. I guess I had to keep watching more, until I was ready.

Zico had also started dating Hyuna, the other day, after much flirtation. He had become really good friends with Hanbin, as well.

We all sat chatting, happily, at the lunch table where everyone wished they could sit. I used to find this type of thing silly but, honestly, I haven't felt this great in a long time; maybe ever. I knew that probably had something to do with my deep, growing affection for that cutie Nam, but whatever.

"Oppa, hurry up and eat! We don't have much time before the next class." Taehyun whined. I almost choked on my food, blushing hard.

I leaned in and growled in his ear. "Yah! I told you not to call me that in public." I whispered, giving his ear a tiny . He squeaked and started slapping me, playfully. He took my white cap and put in on his head. I grinned widely and bit my lip. So cute! It was times like this I forget he was even male.

"Give it back, you're ruining your hair." I teased.

He shook his head "Mnhmnh I think I'll keep it."

Everyone was used to us acting this way, by now, so they pretty much ignored it. I had no idea if they suspected we were actually together, though. It's not like they were stupid; Taehyun had broken up with Gayoon.

However, I think the only one truly bothered by it was Jinwoo. He would side-eye me, on occasion, and scoff whenever Taehyun got too playful with me.

I admit I felt a little sorry, especially since he and Bora were having problems. I tried to shrug it off, it's not like it was my fault Taehyun was this much into me. I feared losing his interest more than anything else. Seunghoon told me I was probably experiencing my first love, when we talked about it. I told him how ridiculous he was, at first, but by now I was staring to believe it.

I finished my food and finally got up to put the tray back. Taehyun followed me and linked his arm with mine. A lot of people stared at us when we walked around together, which sometimes got me worried. We made our way up to the roof to chill out for the rest of the lunch period.

We reached the top and went to the edge of the building, leaning against the railing. "I've been wondering something. It might not be my place to ask but does Jinwoo have a problem with me? He seemed pretty down, lately." I swear, the way I talk has changed when I'm around him.

"Not that I know of.." He said, staring off into the horizon.

"Come on, don't tell me you haven't noticed the way he looks at us when we're together."

"He's just having relationship problems of his own. I guess he's just jealous I've found someone I'm really compatible with."

"You told him about us?!" I shouted, in a panic.

He laughed and turned to me "No, silly, I was kidding." he stepped closer, wrapping his arms around my waist "If you're so concerned, why don't you ask him?" He looked up at me, his lips.

I sighed in relief. "Well, it seems like he knows something's up. Don't you care that he's upset?"

"It's cute that you worry so much." he leaned in closer "Shut up and kiss me."

 

THAT NIGHT:

I opened the fridge to find absolutely nothing I wanted to eat.

"Yah, Seunghoon, you not cooking tonight?" I called out, lazily.

"Get your own food, lazy !" he cried back, making me chuckle. I guess he wasn't in the mood. I appreciated it when he did but I sure wasn't gonna push him. One does not simply tell Seunghoon what to do.

"Hey, bruh, I was gonna walk to the corner store. Come with me." said Jihoon, walking towards the door.

"Dude, I didn't even knw you were home. You off, tonight?" I beamed at him.

"Yeah, how you been doing? How's Taehyun? I love that dude." He asked, doing a handshake when I walked up.

"Pretty good. He's with his friend Jinwoo, tonight." We started walking and talking.

"Ya'll is such a cute couple." he pinched my cheek, laughing.

I wasn't sure if he was serious. Seunghoon was supposed to be the only one who actually knew we were dating.

He broke the silence "Don't worry, dude, it's good. I don't care what you do wit' yo , you're one of my favorite people."

I stared at him in shock but quickly broke out in laughter at the way he said it.

"Appreciate it.." I said.

 

We arrived at the store and walked down the halls, picking up as much junk food as we could carry.

"Bobby! You still working overnight?" Jihoon called out as he approached the cashier.

"P.O I ain't seen you in awhile, cuz! Nah, I'm off in a few. 'Sup, Mino?"

I smiled and nodded, distracted by my own random thoughts, as they continued talking. I wondered when Seunghoon had told Jihoon. Maybe he found out on his own; he was always way smarter than anyone gave him credit for.

I payed and grabbed the bags, desperate to get home and engorge myself.

"Thanks.." I glance at his name tag and paused for a second. I never noticed his real name was Kim Jiwon.

All of a sudden, I remembered a story Zico had told me when I first met Taehyun about that guy he humiliated.

Could Bobby be the Jiwon from the story? If he was, I could find out if that story was just gossip. I was really interested to know why he would drop out of school because of a rumour. However, if it were true, what would that make me think of Taehyun?

"Dude, you wanna come and chill with us and some drinks after work?" I blurted out.

"Hell, yeah!" He said.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I hope you liked this chapter. I know there wasn't any spectacular make out scene or anything xp I have been working on two fics, lately, but don't worry, I won't stop writing this until it's finished. I must see NamSong through to the end!