Ch05 - Need a ride?

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Taehyun's POV

___________________________________________________________________________________

I peeked my head out from the corner I was hiding in so I could get a look at the kid who was talking about me. What the hell did he know, anyways.? Well some of it was true but... I definitely couldn't have Mino thinking badly about me. I quickly jerked back when I sensed they had noticed something. I stood with my body pressed up against the concrete wall, searching my mind for the best way to go about this. Well, I certainly didn't need to be doing all this sneaking around like a rat. I decided to do what I know how to do best: Catching my opponent off gaurd and confronting him head on.

 I crawled against the wall towards the door and opened it as quietly as possible to go back inside. I don't think I had ever shut a door so carefully. I let out a sigh and wondered how long, exactly, I would have to wait for them to come back downstairs. I walked down and looked for a nice corner to sneak up on him from. There was a small, deserted hallway leading to a utility closet just around the corner so I decided to wait there. Now I just have to wait... I thought, sitting on the floor and pulling out my phone. I decided to text Hanbin to see what he knew:

NTH (9:38 AM): Yo hanbin. You were friends with Jiwon..
NTH (9:39 AM): Do u know anything about some guy named Zico?
B.I. (9:44 AM): yea he use 2 perform at some underground clubs. that guys likea legend.
B.I. (9:45 AM): he used to kill guys twice his age in rap battles.
NTH (9:48 AM): Did u know he goes to our school?
B.I. (9:49): u sure its the same one?
NTH (9:51 AM): How many guys w that name could there b?
B.I. (9:54 AM): lol ur right. if you ever see him introduce us ;p
B.I. (9:56AM): i saw him perform once but never got to meet him
NTH (10:02 AM): I'll see what i can do. ....:))

Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I peeked around the corner and listened to the conversation (since apparently that was my new thing).

"...I'm about to kick his out if he keeps being so noisy. Dude's addicted." I heard Mino say. Addicted to what? I thought.

"If he doesn't quit that I'll talk to him for you. You're way too lenient on them. We gotta find that kid a woman." I heard the other voice say. He had bright hair that was bleached to hell and a white hoodie on with black jeans. Wait, why isn't he in uniform? I wondered.

"We're doing the new song, right hyung?" said Mino. I found it oddly cute hearing him say the word hyung.

"Yeah I think we're ready.." Zico paused for a minute, reaching into his pockets. "...where's my phone?" He sighed and threw his head back.  "I think I left it upstairs. I'll let you go. Meet you after school." he said, before doing a handshake.

"A'ight, peace." Mino said, before walking away. 

I took a deep breath as I was suddenly feeling a bit lightheaded. I think I had forgotten to breathe a few times in my attempt to be as quiet as possible. I ran my fingers through my hair and starting walking down the stairs. I made sure Mino was long gone and stood around the corner, waiting for Zico to come back down, again. This was turning into a bit of a hassle. I couldn't help but wonder why the hell I did these things. I knew a had  a good reason but I didn't feel like thinking at the time.

Finally, I heard someone walking down, slowly, and prepared myself. I wanted it to seem like I accidently bumped into him and not like I had been waiting, or anything. Although it was hard to hide the fact that I had no reason not to be in class. Which was fine, he didn't have to know. A little mystery makes one more alluring. I stifled laughter at my own self for being so ridiculous and began walking towards my target.

"Hey. Can I talk to you, man?" I asked, calmly, at the first sight of him.

He looked around the empty halls before realizing I meant him. "Uh...yeah." He said, groggily. How long does it take this guy to wake up?

I exhaled and stopped in front of him "I just wanted to tell you not to worry about the audition tonight. I've heard a lot about you. Besides;" I continued, putting my hand on his shoulder "it seemed like Mino really wanted you to be there with him on his first stage."

His eyes widened. "Yeah.. I-I guess he does." He said, seemingly still in disbelief that I was standing in front of him. I'm still not sure if he even knew who the hell I was at that moment.

I decided to keep it brief. I was getting pretty bored of all this. I raised my eyebrows "Glad it's understood. See ya 'round." I said, walking away, coolly, leaving him stunned. The bell rang again and I rushed to my homeroom class, trying to think up any excuse.

 

 

AFTER SCHOOL:

"Hey mino!! Need a ride?"

He glanced over at Zico "Uh, no that's alright."

"Get in! Your friend can come too." I insisted, flashing a charming smile.

Zico shrugged his shoulders "Fine with me, bro. Beats walking." he said, walking past Mino and opening the passenger door.

Mino's eyes followed his friend until they locked with mine. His expression turned shy and he smiled widely, almost giggling. His eyes formed a cute crescent shape and his white teeth seemed to glow a little in the sunset. He scratched the back of his head and fixed his cap, which was yellow today.

I felt that burning sensation in my chest again, watching this. How can a guy like him be so adorable? I mean seriously what the ... I found myself wondering. He stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do. ", this ride is nice! Lexus ES?" I nodded my head "Nah.. IS F 2014..."I mumbled, not breaking eye contact with Mino. "Dayum!" He said under his breath, turning to Mino and saying "You coming?", snapping him back to reality.

"Yeah, sorry." He cleared his throat and opened the the back door, getting in. Zico the radio, without hesitation, and turned the dial to find a song he liked.

I turned up the volume and slammed on the gas as soon as we left the parking lot, making  Zico cheer loudly.

Mino and I laughed.

"So where am I taking you?" I asked, when everyone calmed down a bit. "Turn right at the light. We're taking him home, first." Mino leaned in and said near my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. I blinked a few times "As you wish.."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. Zico complained about there being nothing good on the radio.

"So, how long have you guys known each other?" I said out loud to no one in particular.

"Since we were, like, twelve." said Zico "Mino was a real quiet kid who sat around scribbling in his notebook. We got partnered up for a school project once and I stole his notebook. It was filled with mad poems like, really good ones." he continued "I told him he should learn to rap, cuz not many people have that talent."

"That was the first time I really heard hip hop music. This kid loaned me a mix tape and insisted that it was good. If it wasn't for him, dude..." Mino squeezed Zico's shoulders making him cry out in pain. He tried to reach his hand back and hit him but couldn't reach. "Aish...you're welcome." He said, slightly annoyed.

Mino chuckled. I looked back at him in my rearview mirror every so often, hoping he wouldn't notice. "I guess it's a good thing ya'll met...Is this it?" I asked, slowing the car down near a run down building. "Yeah, stop here.." said Zico. A group of kids stopped their street soccer game to marvel at my car. 

The neighborhood wasn't exactly poor, but you could tell it was an old one. I waited for them to get out of the car and say their goodbyes, waving at Zico.

Mino got into the passenger seat "Alight, let's go." I revved my engine to make the children back away and peeled off, leaving them behind.

I turned the radio down and we spent the rest of the car ride in silence, other than Mino telling me where to go.

When we arrived, I stopped the car and shut off the engine. I gave him a sweet smile, hoping he would invite me in. He stared at me for a few seconds, deep in thought. Why won't you say anything, damn you?! Did you forget how to invite someone in? I even turned off my engine what is there to think about? I thought, impatiently. Maybe he doesn't want his roommates to see me with him? Ugh...I should at least get his number.

"Oh, here.." I handed him my phone. He mumbled something and input his number, saving it as Hugeboy Mino. Without a word he got out of the car, slammed the door and walked around to my side.

He handed the phone back to me through my rolled down window, and watched me put it away.

I looked back up and him and blushed a little, running my hand through my hair. He stared, quietly.

"..You wanna come inside?" He finally asked.

I exhaled and jumped out of the car, slamming the door. "Lead the way." I said, standing dangerously close to him.

____________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Yay finally done! I think that chapter was extra long. Seemed to take forever...I got assignments due. Well, hope you all enjoyed! Thanks for reading!