Ch03 - Where are you going?

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Taehyun's POV

____________________________________________________________________________

"Alright babe, I'll talk to you soon. I know. I'm almost there." I chuckled and turned off my blue tooth, putting on my turn signal as I neared the school. Jinwoo was in the passenger seat, humming along to one of our favorite songs.

I parked my car in my usual spot close to the entrance. It was kind of an unwritten rule that I always parked there, so people tended to stay away. Jinwoo and I got out, immediately hearing people greet us. I watched as a stunning figure made her way towards me.

"I see you rode the Lexus today. It's so pretty!" She said, beaming with excitement. She wrapped her arms around me and pressed her head against my chest when she reached me. I hugged her back and writhed in bliss at the smell of her hair. I had been dating Gayoon for the past two months and to be honest, she was the first girl that had kept my attention for this long. She always looked and smelled nice and she sure knew how to keep my ego inflated, amongst other things.

I sighed with content "It is, ain't it? I just got it waxed." I said, putting my arm around her tiny waist. We started walking towards the entrance. I gave a small wave to Hanbin who was saying hello to Jinwoo.

"I'm so excited about the show on friday. I'm going shopping with Hyuna later on." She went on to say, making little circles on my chest with her finger, which kind of tickled.

I giggled "Oh? What's wrong with the dress I bought for you?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. We stopped at the entrance, people going by all around us. I heard Jinwoo catch up and tell Hanbin he would see him at lunch.

"I wore it once already." She pouted. "Besides, I need new stilletos. I wanna be the hottest arm candy you've ever adorned." She said, turning towards me. I stopped walking and pulled her in for a deep kiss. I heard a scoff behind me. I could almost hear Jinwoo roll his eyes but I didn't care. It almost made me want to make out with her more.

I dug my fingers into her hair and pulled back lightly, breaking us apart. She smiled and bit her lip, pulling away. "Gotta go. See you soon, baby." She said in an almost sultry tone before turning to leave.

I watched her go, staring at her as she walked away. "Bye..." I said under my breath. Many images going through my head.

Jinwoo smacked me in the back of the head to snap me out of it. "Dude.. I don't know why you bother with girls like that. I know she's hot but... don't you ever want someone who wants something real?" He asked, storming past me. I rolled my eyes and jogged to catch up.

I walked next to him and gave him a playful push. "Where is this coming from, man? You're the one dating Bora. Do not tell me it's not because she's smoking hot." I said.

He looked at me with a dead serious look in his eyes "Believe it or not, you're wrong. I think I love her."

I let out a loud cackle, garnering some stares. Jinwoo was notorious for falling in love super easily. I almost fell forward laughing. He his teeth in annoyance which made me laugh more. "Again?" I said, eyebrows raised, after I caught my breath.

He raised his fist at me, threatheningly. "Dude. I'm serious this time. I'm thinking about getting her a promise ring. Do you think she would prefer silver or gold?" He asked, matching my foot steps as we continued on our path.

I paused when we turned a corner, ignoring his question. There he is. I thought, watching him open his locker. He seemed somewhat out of place in uniform, like a dirty boy from the slums donning a suit. There was something alluring about it, though. The vibe of rebelliousness I got from him seemed exciting. It made me want to follow him wherever it was he was going.

Jinwoo followed my eyes after a few seconds and sighed, knowingly.

"I know what you're thinking, Taehyun, but don't. Leave the guy alone, he obviously doesn't care about that type of thing." He said.

Having no idea what he said, I continued staring. The bell rang, interrupting my thoughts. "...I'll see you after class." I said, walking in Mino's direction.

"Yah! Taehyun...." Jinwoo cried out after me, to no avail.

____________________________________________________________________________