Ch01 - Don't I know you from somewhere?

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Taehyun's POV
_______________________________________________________________________________

The sound of sparse clapping filled the air. "That wasn't bad. Good job, bro." I smiled cheerily and gave the man on stage the double thumbs up sign, stretching out my arms towards him. He nodded slightly and stretched his lips, making his way off the stage. "Dude, that guy .." I whispered to my friend, making him smack my arm and chuckle. "You're so mean, Taehyun." He said, shaking his head.

I was sitting at a table with my feet up on another chair; chatting with my best friend Jinwoo. We were discussing who our favorite audition was that day. The club was empty as it was only 6 in the evening. I watched the final performer walk away revealing someone else had been standing in line waiting. It was a guy about my age with a backwards cap and a worn out looking hoodie on. His skin was slightly tanner than normal and he had cheap headphones around his neck.

I scoffed at the sight and pointed Jinwoo towards them "Watch this."

Jinwoo looked back. "Ah, poor kid. Do you know him?"

I squinted my eyes "Nah, I don't think so." I shook my head.

Jinwoo shrugged and looked back at him. "He certainly looks like a rapper, eh?"

I continued staring, silently. The bouncer near the door was marking off performance ratings on a piece of paper. These ratings were sent to management to determine who would be called to perform on friday night. This club was highly regarded as a place where hidden talent was discovered. My father had a lot of friends in the music business and on special nights, they would sent scouts to our club to watch the show. This friday was underground hip hop night so we knew the place was gonna be packed.

"Alright who's next?" Said the bouncer, looking up at the smiling boy.

His face quickly contorted with disdain. "Sorry kid, this is an adult club. Next!" He called out.

The boy glanced behind him. "I'm the last one in line....please. If you just let me-" He pleaded.

"No way, if I make an acception for you, I have to make an acception for every snot nosed kid who thinks he's some child prodigy. Try the karoake bar down the street." The bouncer cut him off, waving him away.

He glanced up before turning to walk away and our eyes met. I felt a sudden burning sensation in my chest. Who was this guy? I immediately stood up to stop him. I heard Jinwoo giggle as I passed him.

"Hey hold up, yo!" The tall, portly man growled softly as I walked up behind him. He hated taking orders from me, the owner's son, who was half his age. I felt a rush from ordering people around, knowing they had no choice but to agree to my whims.

I curiously examined the face of my new 'friend' as I inched closer. The tan-looking boy stared at me with bewilderment. I smirked at him coolly and turned to face my opponent. I stood parallel to him, putting an arm around his shoulders.

"He's with me." I said, feeling his body tense up. I looked over and he smiled at me nervously, giving me a slight nod. His teeth were stark white in comparison to his skin. Pretty.. I thought. I stretched my lips at him and patted his arm with my free hand. 

"Hi. What was your name, again?" I asked, sweetly. He shifted, clearing his throat. "Uh, Song Minho...Mino." His voice was deep a smooth; it felt like silk rubbing up against my ears. "Nice to see you again." I simply stated.

I knew he was confused but it wasn't exactly a lie. His face looked mighty familiar to me. He probably went to my school. Either way, he should be grateful I stepped in.

"Yah, don't do this, kid. You know it's against the rules." Said the bouncer, whose name was Suk, holding his palms in front of him and shrugging his shoulders.

"Come on, Suk, at least let him audition." I pouted. "Unless you wanna take it up with my father. I'm sure he has nothing better to do than hear you about kids being in his club." I went on, knowing full well I already had him convinced the second I spoke up.

I loved showing off my authority to newcomers, though. Especially the shy ones who are clueless about who I am. This one was pretty adorable in a rough, disheveled kind of way.

Suk rolled his eyes. "Tsk. Alright, let's see what you got home slice. Get on the stage." the bouncer nudged him towards the platform across the room. I squealed and jumped up, which made him smile wider, and walked with him until I reached my table. I sat across from an equally anticipating Jinwoo and turned my back to him to watch the stage.

The mic was prepared on the floor, dropped down by the previous auditioner, who had left in a hurry. Mino sighed and bent down to pick it up. It made a high pitched squealing sound when he put it near his face. The room became dead silent.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Thank you for reading! I will be updating the next few chapters rather quickly. After that expect at least one update a week.

Comments are deeply appreciated. ♥