Ch04 - That feeling of being followed

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Mino's POV

_______________________________________________________________________

I slammed my locker and made my way towards the stairs, putting my headphones on. I watch my feet stomp down the hallway against the shiny white marble. I listened to the beat I knew too well and went through the lyrics in my mind that I had written. I recited the words under my breath.

My address was too far from the public school in my town so I attented the private school in the suburbs with the rich kids. I had my own place since my father was working overseas in China and my mom had passed when I was three. The money he sent me was enough to pay for rent but I was short on money for food so I had my two good friends Seunghoon and Jihoon move in with me. Luckily, the rent money they gave me was more than enough for all of us to live comfortably, even though it was a crappy, two bedroom apartment.

I walked up the stairs until I reached the roof top, where I knew I would find him. I paused for a second when I thought I heard something but I didn't see anyone so I continued on my way. Must have been my imagination. I though. I suddenly though of that kid I met the other day at the club. Taehyun was his name. For some reason his name was ingrained in my mind; along with his lovely image.

There was just something about him that was different from other people..and it wasn't because he was rich or his father owned the club I was performing at. No, he was definitely an interesting individual. I found myself smiling widely at the memory of him demanding that the bouncer give me a shot at an audition. That kid is something...

I walked towards the ledge and looked down, wondering what would happen if I jumped. I would probably survive it, since it was only four stories down. Why do I think about these things? I thought, shaking it off. I let my mind linger at the thought of Taehyun, once more, wondering what he thought of me to act the way he did.

I sighed and looked around until I spotted my friend. He was laying up against the wall with his eyes closed and his headphones on, as well. I lazily made my way to him and plopped down beside him.

"Ay, Zico. Wake your up." I said, smacking him on the side of the head. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes to look at me. He slid down further and removed his headphones. "What do you want? It's too damn early.." He mumbled, turning away from me.

"I got a surprise for you. You know how we talked about taking it to the stage? I got us a gig on friday night. Club Namwin." I said, making him turn his head back to me and scowl, still half asleep.

"Shut up...Do you even know where that club is? There's no way in hell a couple of underaged, no-names like us could get booked there. Besides, you're too much of a to get on stage." He said, slightly annoyed. He tried to go back to sleep but I rolled on top of him, pinning his arms down. He wriggled around in protest but quickly gave up, whining loudly. I paused when I thought I heard a noise, again, around the corner of the wall.

I swear I felt someone eavesdropping on us but I kept shrugging it off. It's not like what we're saying is top secret, anyhow.

"Yah! I'm being serious, bruh. This could be a real shot for us!" I went on to say.

"Alright, I believe you, get the off me! My arms are going numb." He exclaimed. I shifted backwards and did as he said, crouching down beside him.

"I just need you to take this seriously. I met this guy named Nam Taehyun and he got me a slot." I said, watching him sit up and streth his arms up, yawning.

"He said you could be up on stage with me, as long as you go there and audition, after school." I looked out at the blue horizon, the sunlight blaring down, making me squint a little. I hated the day-time.

Zico reached for his pack and pulled out a brown paper bag, pulling out his lunch. "Did you say Nam Taehyun? Bro, that guy is bad news. Didn't you hear what happened to Jiwon?"

I paused and scrunched my nose up at him. "Who?"

"Jiwon, dude. He was a guy from our neighborhood who became Jinwoo's friend for awhile. Up until Taehyun started spreading nasty rumours about him. He was so humiliated, he ended up dropping out." He explained, in between bites.

"Seriously? I don't know...he seemed pretty cool to me..." I said slowly, wondering what rumour could be so bad that it would scare someone away that much.

"Well he's not. Anyways, I won't let him ruin our chances. I'll go to his stupid audition tonight but if anything seems off we get the hell out of there, a'ight?" Zico said, taking another chunk out of his sandwich.

My heart sank. I slid down the wall next to him and nodded in agreement. I felt really depressed all of a sudden. Was Taehyun really that type of guy?

_______________________________________________________________________

A/N: I'm still not super satisfied with this chapter. Maybe cuz I liked how ch3 turned out so much. Anyways I will probably go back and revise things somewhere down the line. I will update later today. Thank you for reading! I really appreciate it. I'm happy my work isn't for nothing.