Ch14 - Reunion

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Taehyun's POV

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was lunch time at school but I wasn't hungry. I was walking around campus, trying to run into Hanbin, who seemed to have been avoiding me.

Ever since I told him I wanted to talk, he'd been acting really dodgy. He would come up with any excuse to leave when he saw me and I was getting pretty annoyed. I went to all our usual hangouts but he wasn't there. I knew he played the piano in the school orchestra, so I headed to the music room as a last resort.

I passed by Gayoon, on the way, who was making out with her new boyfriend, a senior. She obviously didn't notice me and for some really that made me a little depressed. Mino's face popped into my mind. I really missed him. He hadn't shown up for school in a few days and I knew it was because of me. I was too emberrassed about what I'd done to attempt to contact him. I was working on making things right but I needed Hanbin to cooperate so I could get out of this slump.

As I approached the room, I could hear the faint tune of piano keys so I knew I was right to assume he was here. I opened the door, slowly, sliding in through a crack. I watched Hanbin, facing away from me in front of the instrument. He was playing Chopin's Nocturnes quite adeptly. I closed my eyes for a moment, taking in the beautiful music. His mother was a professional piano concertist and his father was a big time investor. He told me once that his father fell in love with her, watching her perform, and that she'd been teaching him since before he knew how to talk.

I recognized the room well. I hadn't frequented it but every time I walk by, the image of the one in front of me passionately kissing the one I cruelly drove away was forever etched into my memory. My eyes started welling up. I couldn't take this any longer.

"Hanbin..." I said, meekly.

He continued playing; perhaps not hearing me. I walked over to where he could see me. "I think I understand why you've been avoiding me." I said, over the music. He continued to act like I wasn't there, focused steadily on hitting the notes. I tilted my head up to the ceiling to try to stop the tears from falling. "I'm sorry...please talk to me."

He finally stopped playing and sighed, turning to face me. "What is it that you want from me, Taehyun? Haven't you taken enough?" he glared at me, getting up to walk away.

"I don't want something from you. I wanna make amends." I quickly said, as the bell rang, drowning out my voice.

He turned to face me but didn't ask me to repeat what I said. I guess he realized it didn't matter, since I wasn't going to stop chasing him. I begged him to meet me after school at the club so we could discuss things and he reluctantly agreed.

 

AFTER SCHOOL:

"Let's get this over with." he sighed.

We leaned on the edges of our barstools, our backs to the bar, not getting very comfortable. Of course, there was nothing comfortable about this situation at all but it needed to be addressed and finally put to sleep.

"There's something I've been hiding from everyone. Mino and I are kind of dating... I mean he's mad at me now but..we were for awhile..and I plan on getting him back. If he'll have me...." My usual cool confidence was nonexistant, these days. I was really broken up and it probably came off as weak but I didn't care.

He raised his brows. "Wait.. you and Mino? Are you serious?" he chuckled under his breath, shaking his head in utter disbelief. I could see the anger rising in his body through his eyes.

I couldn't look into them, anymore. "So.. um.. I wanted to help you get back in contact with Jiwon...then we could all be happy." I said, a little hesitant.

He suddenly flew out of his chair, tackling me to the ground. I struggled to get away but his force exceeded mine and he pinned me down, giving me a swift hook to the face. He grabbed me by the collar and screamed in my face "Don't act like you care! You didn't ing make things better by suddenly going homo! Do you have any idea what you put me through? You bastard!" the last word was quickly followed by another punch.

Suk finally reached us from across the room, restraining Hanbin's arms and pulling him off me, cursing him out.

"Let him go!" I shouted, painfully struggling to stand up. My head felt dizzy and I wiped blood off my upper lip that was streaming down from my nose.  

The bouncer did as he was ordered to. Hanbin glared at me for a few seconds, scoffed, and stormed out of the club.

I chased after him, ignoring Suk's concerns.

"Hanbin!" I screamed, struggling to catch my breath "Come to Mino's place later, tonight!"

He stopped walking but didn't turn around.

"Please. I'll never ask anything of you, again." I said, desperately.

He walked around his car, which was parked out front. I watched as he slammed the door and peeled off.

 

 

 

Seunghoon winced when he opened the door. "Are you kidding me?"

"Godammit, I'm tired of everyone greeting me like I'm the ing plague." I said, my teeth and pushing past him.

Hanbin trailed in behind me, bowing at Seunghoon, politely. Luckily, he had arrived shortly after I did.

I hadn't eaten in days and I had lost a bit of blood earlier (to top it off) so I was not in the greatest of moods. At that, point I only cared about seeing Mino. I made a beeline to one of the bedrooms and started banging on it, not even sure which one was his.

Mino opened the other door beside it, staring at me in surprise. "Can you get in contact with Jiwon? I brought Hanbin."

He looked past me at the boy, who was whispering to Seunghoon. "What so..you bring them together and then what?"

"Then we'll see what happens. I have a plan but I can't predict the future."  

 

 

I hid in Seunghoon's bedroom, waiting for Bobby's arrival. I finally heard the front door creaking and decided to watch them through a crack.

"Oh, I invited some friends.. I hope ya'll don't mind." He laughed, nervously, glancing at Hanbin, every other word.

"Nah, it's cool man. Hey, can I talk to you guys in private?" Mino said, leading them towards the door.

I quickly jumped away and prepared myself. Jiwon nearly jumped out of his skin we he saw me "What the hell is he doing here?" He asked. I put my palms up in front of me "I come in peace. I'm here to apologize."

He glared angrily at me, keeping his distance. "I have a proposition for the two of you. I'm begging you at least to listen."

"During lunch tomorrow, I will say I have an announcement. Then..I'll kiss Jiwon in front of the whole school. I know it sounds like an awful plan but it's the only way I can think of to ruin my image in one go." I looked at Hanbin "Of course, I chose Jiwon since I spread the rumours about him and he's already dropped out. I don't wanna get you or Mino mixed up in this. I plan on dropping out of the school a week later, if they don't kick me out, right away. Also, it might be best if you and everyone else stay away from me from now on."

"Why should anyone trust a word you say?" Jiwon finally said.

"I trust him." I heard a familiar voice say. I felt a warm hand slip into mine, interlacing our fingers. I glanced down at this, noticing the contrast between my skin and his. It was weird that it was all I could really think of at that moment but it made my heart flutter.

I cleared my throat."My father's one of the richest men in the city. He can get me into any school I wanted even if I was a drug addict loser who couldn't read. They don't give a when his donations are enough to pay for a new building. That's how you can trust me." I said, waiting for their reactions.

"He's right. My father's a member of his country club. Taehyun's father is the president there. I'm poor enough that I have to actually work for my grades." Hanbin explained, letting out a chuckle.

"So. Are we all in agreement?"

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

a/n: I apologize if there are any errors I'm updating from my phone xD I will fix it when I get home. I'm sorry I was excited to get this out I know a lot of u really wanted to find out what happened.

edit: I waste too much time on tumblr gdi. I decided to just leave this as it is and edit when I go back and revise the entire fic. What do you guys think of his plan? This story has honestly turned out way different than I first intended. I'm gonna have to make it long just to add the stuff I originally planned to. I hope you guys still like it.