Ch02 - My first time on stage

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Mino's POV

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I looked out into the empty club. It felt strange being up there. My eyes shifted across the room, occasionally meeting my savior's. He was a typical pretty boy with long hair parted down the middle and black studs in his ears. He was dressed in all black, all designer, wearing a leather jacket, and red sneakers.

Who the hell is that guy? I swear he looks familiar. Holy- I think he's that guy from my school who hangs out with the 'it' crowd. I should have known. Wait, what the hell is he being all friendly towards me for? I'd better do something, they look bored. These thoughts raced in my head. I cleared my throat and reached in my pocket for my mp3 player.

"Any day now?!" Suk called out, impatiently. I knew I had been standing there for awhile but it was hard to tell how long.

I put on one of my headphones and chose one of the tracks I had mixed. even though I was the only one who could hear the music, it helped my concentration. I nodded my head to the beat and took a deep breath. Here goes nothing...

AYO MAMA 께서 날 낳을 때
부터 남 달라 괴물을 낳네.
티가나 뭐든지 할 때.
처음하는 것 같지가 않데.
왜 난 쉽지? 전부 다.
필요한 단어, 천부적.
난 내가 멍청한 줄 알았어.
왜 다들 어렵다고 해 난 쉬운데 겁부터 먹어?
FOOL...시도도,
안하고 투덜, 비교도.
안돼는 것들, 이 정도
는 해야돼 칭찬도 지겨워.
옛부터 수월 했어.
의도치않게 뻔뻔했어
YOU SAID "NO MERCY"
YEP, YOU DO THAT. 가능한게 많으니까, MULTI.

I paused, still holding the mic, bringing my hands down to my sides. There was no reaction for what seemed like an eternity. Everyone just stared at me, dumbfounded. I set down the mic and jumped off the platform. I noticed there was a few people waiting in line, again, and my stomach turned. They had heard my performance, as well. Why wasn't anyone saying anything?

Taehyun jumped up off his chair and nearly sprinted the short distance towards me. His friend lagged behind him.

"That was amazing! Have you ever performed anywhere else?" He stood in front of me and exclaimed. He looked so happy and impressed. A smile of relief crept on my face. It took me a moment to reply.

I looked down and back up at him and his friend. "Actually, that was my first time on a stage. I've been making music for awhile and writing lyrics for even longer. I saw the sign for auditions outside and decided to go for it." I said biting my lower lip.

"So you don't know about this club, do you?" His friend with bright red hair inquired.

"Uh.. I don't really go clubbing. I've been to a few shows downtown but I have walked by here on my way home, before." I stated, nodding my head. I felt Taehyun's piercing stare and tried to avoid his eyes. I wasn't sure why but it felt like he had taken in interest in me. I wondered what was going through his pretty little head.

"Well, you're lucky, ya know. I'm Nam Taehyun, by the way. This is my bestie, Jinwoo. You're an upperclassman, right?"  Taehyun smiled brightly.

I bowed a bit "Nice to meet you. Yes I am. Nam... like the name of the club?" I asked.

Taehyun giggled "That's right, hyung. The Nam in Namwin is me." he said, hitting my arm playfully. "My father is the owner."

I played around with my headphone cord. "Oh, nice." I nodded, looking past them. The bouncer was talking on the phone and handing a form for the next performer to fill out.

"Well, it was nice to meet you. I'll let my father know you have a spot on friday night. Be here at 10 to give the dj your music." Said Taehyun, with a smirk.

"For real?! Damn, thank you so much!" I wanted to give him a hug but I held back since I didn't know the guy. I was soaking in the moment when I suddenly remebered something.

"Uh, I don't want to abuse this chance by asking for more but....is it possible for a friend of mine to join me onstage? He's a rapper too and he's willing to audition. I just...would rather be up there with him. We just wrote a song together." I said.

Taehyun's face dropped a little. "Oh. Well...only if he's as impressive as you are. Bring him by tomorrow evening, I'll be here." He nodded, forcing a smile.

I sighed a deep sigh of relief and thanked him profusely. "Awesome, thanks again." I bowed and made my way towards the exit, bending down to grab my school bag. I greeted the performers who were in line and reached for the door handle. I couldn't wait to call my friend and tell him the news.

"See you at school, Mino." Taehyun called out with a wink. Everyone looked back and stared at me. I chuckled and waved "A'ight.... bye..." I said, shyly and made my way out the door.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Click on the lyrics to listen. When I find the translation I will post it lol. Not that it matters that much anyways, I don't think. If you put it in google translate you get some idea of what he's saying. ;p