Ch12 - Bad Karma

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Taehyun's POV

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

I sat on Jinwoo's bed, next to him, focusing on the large screen in front of us.

We were playing Killer Instinct on his PS4. I was on a winning streak, which was making Jinwoo frustrated.

I grinned widely as I beat him, yet again. "Yes!! Who's your daddy, !" I cried out, sticking my tongue out at him, mockingly.

He huffed and rolled his eyes. He threw the controller down, angrily getting up.

"Where you going?" I asked, watching him get up and storm out of the room.

I got up and chased after him as he jogged down the spiral staircase, calling his name.

He paused for a second, not looking back. "I saw you."

"Saw me what?" I caught up to him, stepping down a few steps to face him.

"I saw you kissing Mino. You are ing Unbelievable, you know that?! After everything you put Bobby through. Just...you ing hypocrite!"

My heart sank. He his teeth and walked past me down the final steps. I swiveled around and continued after him, begging him to wait. "You don't understand...I know I was wrong to do those things but.." I looked down, swallowing dry.

"But what?! He was my friend too, ya know! Do you know how hard it was to stay by your side when you became that person? I only did it because I love you and we've been friends since we were in middle school.." he stepped closer, staring at me intently. "and I knew that, deep down, you're not that horrible person." His eyes started welling up "I knew you must have had a good reason but I didn't pry. So now I'm asking you....tell me I was right. Why, Taehyun??" His lip quivered as a tear rolled down his face.

Throughout all the years I've known Jinwoo, he would never let me see him cry. Even if he did, he would play it off like he had something in his eye, and quickly it up. I knew he was already emotional from fighting with his girlfriend so much, lately. I guess everything built up and finally broke him down.

I stood in silence, my eyebrows pulled together. I felt the guilt rising through my body. I opened my mouth, searching for words, unsure of where to begin.

He brought his hand up to his face, wiping the moisture with his sleeve. "Forget it. Get the hell out of my house." he sneered, turning from me and walking to the next room.

I stood staring at the the front door, in his absence. I really didn't want him to be mad at me. I knew I had kept a lot from him, which wasn't fair as he was always honest with me about everything. I felt like I deserved his anger so it made me not want to go after him.

No. I thought. It's time for me to stop being selfish. If I leave, there's a chance he will never forgive me... He broke down in front of me and I knew he was embarrassed. I couldn't let that have been for nothing.

I forced myself into the next room, where he was curled up on the couch with his arms around his knees and his head buried.

I walked over and sat on the couch's armrest, next to him. "I didn't tell you because..I didn't want you to know how pathetic I was." I started. He kept his head buried but I knew he was listening.

"I...had a crush on Bobby. I confessed to him one day when we were drinking at the club, in the VIP room. We were playing around and I ended up kissing him. He acted really uncomfortable and told me that he didn't see guys that way." I sighed and continued "I was so ing pissed. I couldn't understant how he could reject someone like me. I was pretty arrogant, back then. What made it worse was when I caught him making out with Hanbin, at school the next day. They were in the music room, and thought no one was around but I saw them, when I walked by."

Jinwoo lifted his head up, slowly, staring ahead. "Wait...you mean....he liked Hanbin? And they were actually making out?? What the ?! Are you making this up? No way Hanbin is gay."

"He's not gay. He obviously like girls, too. Is it really so surprising? I'm that way, too...I think.." I said, trailing off.

"Ah, I see. You were jealous and you thought if you couldn't have him, no one could. That is so ing typical of you! I cannot believe I didn't see it before!" He exclaimed, still in shock. 

I nodded "I know it was an awful thing to do. God. I honestly am disguested at myself, looking back. Sometimes I feel really awkward around Hanbin. I notice him staring at me...but he never says anything about it."

"I guess he's too scared that if he tried to defend him, you would throw him under the bus, too." Jinwoo said, somberly. "Dude, you need to make things right...you've really built up some bad karma for yourself. It's gonna come back to bite you in the , pretty soon." he put his legs down and looked up at me.

I zoned out, getting lost in the memory. I tried to grasp at what I had put them through, coming up empty. I just couldn't imagine what they must have felt.

I decided to put it out of my mind and headed for the door, without a word.

I had nothing left to say to Jinwoo, anyhow. He had pushed me to my limit and I just wanted to get away.

Hopefully, me telling him all this would suffice and he wouldn't stay mad at me, for long. 

 

 

THE NEXT DAY:

I drove to Mino's place carelessly speeding, rolling past stop signs, and running a couple of red lights. I hummed along, happily, to the song on the radio. I couldn't wait to see Mino; especially after the other night. I only needed to see his smile to know that everything was fine, after all.

I was getting better at running up the stairs. I planned on taking him to a studio my father owned, so he could make a professional recording. I had been thinking about making a song with him. I hadn't told him that my father had a studio, so I was excited to take him there and surprise him.

I knocked on the door, excitedly, and was greeted by Seunghoon, when it swung open. He looked like he had a rought night. I guessed they were drinking, again.

"Oh. It's you." he said, scowling.

"Mino, something came for you!" he called out. He glared at me for awhile, still blocking my path at the door.

What the hell is his problem?! I frowned and averted my eyes, shifting uncomfortably.

He finally came up behind Seunghoon and they switched places.

Seunghoon whispered something in his ear before he walked away.

"Baby.." I mumbled, pouting my lips. I wrapped my arms around him, sighing in relief. I always thought Seunghoon was kind of a scary guy. I wondered, fearfully, if I had done something to upset him.

"Hey. I need to talk to you." He said, not hugging me back.

I blinked hard and pulled away, dropping my arms at my sides. "O-ok." I stuttered, still feeling the dark mood.

"I was drinking with my roomates and Bobby, from the corner shop. Do you know him?  Cuz, uh, he said some interesting things about you."

I sighed and dropped my head. Not this, again.

He continued "It's funny, really. From the way you act with me I would have never thought of you as a shameless gay basher. Apparently, you have no problems telling everyone in the school that Bobby was a who for money. I suppose ruining some poor kid's reputation is just a fun past time, for you." he smiled, mockingly. I ran my fingers through my hair as my head started pounding. My chest felt heavy and I couldn't bear to meet his eyes, for long.

"I guess I'm the idiot here, huh. Am I your next target?"  he glared at me, menancingly.

"Christ, Mino, it is not like that. You don't even know what you're talkng about." I said, extremely agitated. It seemed almost fated that just after I went over this with Jinwoo, it would still come back to haunt me. I guess it won't stop until I make my peace with him...but how? I wondered.

He looked down, silently, for a few seconds. "Look. I don't know what the hell your side of the story is but...I just really can't stand looking at you, right now. Goodbye, Taehyun." he said, glancing up one final time and shutting the door in my face.

I felt like screaming.

I slammed my fist at the wall next to his door, gritting my teeth.

I had to think of something. I reached into my pocket, feeling tears run down my face.

I searched for Hanbin's number and sniffled, bringing the phone up my my ear.

"Hey B.I... Are you busy? We need to meet."

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I hope you enjoyed the chapter! (I'm sure you can tell but) I ship BobbyxB.I hardcore lol. Does anyone know their actual couple name? Hanby? Bobbin?