Ch06 - The infamous secret folder

NamSong - Fame and Sorrow

Mino's POV

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I felt my throat go dry. You are really pretty...prettier than a lot of girls, even. I thought, staring deep into his eyes. I was close enough to feel the heat rising from his body and it was very warm. Oh god what am I doing...I'm such a weirdo. I suddenly noticed his face inching closer to mine ever so slowly. It's like our bodies were being pulled together like magnets. , snap out of it!

My eyes widened and I turned to walk towards my building entrance. Taehyun lagged behind, I assumed, as I didn't stop until I reached the elevator. I was blushing furiously but I prayed he wouldn't notice.

The old-fashioned, gated elevator was already going up to the 10th floor from the 2nd. I groaned and turned to him when he caught up next to me. I tried to clear my head. "Looks like it's gonna be a little while..This thing crawls like a snail. Do you mind taking the stairs? I'm only on the third." I asked.

"Oh, sure that's fine." He nodded. I flashed him a little smile and lead the way to the staircase.

I tackled the stairs rather quickly, since I was used to them. I chuckled silently when I noticed he was a bit out of breath "The elevator breaks down a lot." I spoke up, not slowing down.

When we got to the third floor, I noticed Jihoon was walking out of the apartment and locking the door. Oh that's right, he got a new job. I remembered. He was wearing black and carrying a blue apron. He had just gotten his third part time job as a waiter.

"P.O! Wassup, brother?" I called out, making him look up.

"Hey, what you doing home so early? I thought the walk took like an hour." He came up to me and gave me a warm hug.

"Luckily this friend gave me a ride." I said, motioning to Taehyun.

He smiled widely at him "What's up, homeboy? I'm Jihoon." He said, shaking his hand.

"Taehyun. Nice to meet you." He said, bowing, slightly.

"Well, I'm off to work. You guys be good." He said, winking as he walked past us.

"Alright, man. Don't get fired too quickly, this time." I said, making Jihoon laugh sarcastically as he disappeared down the stairs.

 

Once we were inside, I called out Seunghoon's name, who replied from the kitchen.

"This place is cool. It's got that 1990's grunge punk vibe. We should totally have a party here." Taehyun stated, examining his surroundings.

"Huh.. I never noticed." I paused and glanced around, trying to see what he meant. The living room was empty except for an old grey couch with torn cushions, my turntable, and recording equipment. Some of the walls were adorned with colorful graffiti that my friends and I had drawn when we were bored. It's probably just cuz he's used to something fancier.. I though.

"Something smells good." I said, walking into the kitchen. It felt good to be home.

"It sure does, I might wanna stay for dinner." Said Taeyhyun, flashing his charming smile. The small kitchen was a mess with pieces of vegetables and meat still on the counter and sauce splattered on random surfaces. Althought, I didn't mind because Seunghoon's cooking was fantastic.

"Oh sure, you are welcome to. I made lots. This one eats more than me and Jihoon combined." said the chef, who smiled back, brightly at the newcomer. He was pretty used to all of us bringing random people by. Sometimes we would let others crash on the couch if they had no place to stay or were too ed up to go home. Not from drugs, mind you, but from the occasional boozefest or when they were having issues with their parents.

"I appreciate it. You've lived with these guys long?" Taehyun asked, sneaking a piece of fried shrimp.

"Only since the beginning of the school year. I'm Seunghoon, by the way. The mom of the house." He replied, turning off the heat and stirring one of the pots. He covered it with a lid and turned aorund for a proper greeting.

"Taehyun. Great to meet you, umma." he teased, making Seunghoon wave his spoon in his face.

"Alright, little boy, make yourself useful and set the table for me. Don't make me send you to your room. Help your brother, Mino!"

I went up behind him and gave him a back hug, squeezing hard and saying "Umma! Saranghae!" while he smacked my hands with his spoon. I pretty much meant it. I was grateful to him for lightening the mood a bit. Taehyun and I were still pretty awkward. I'm not even sure why I chose to invite him in. I guess I got swayed by his beauty and didn't want to stop looking at him, yet. I chuckled to myself at the thought. It seemed like he wanted me to invite him in; he did turn off his engine.

Just then, I got a text from Jihoon asking about the lexus parked in front of the building. I rolled my eyes. Is that really such a big deal? I thought. I guess that partially explains Taehyun's popularity.. other than his face. Apparently he sent the same thing to Seunghoon because he shouted "You drive a lexus? Dude, what are you doing hanging out here? You need to park that thing somewhere else before it gets jacked."

"Uhm..." Taehyun's face dropped. "Well, if it's a problem I guess I can't stay long. It was really nice meeting you, though. Have Mino text me your name, I'll add you to the guestlist for tomorrow night." said Taehyun, leaning against the counter.

My heart sank "You don't have to leave yet, I'm sure nothing will happen." I said, in and almost pleading tone.

His face contorted into sorrow; he looked down from my eyes saying "It's ok, I have to go meet my girlfriend..." My stomach knotted upon hearing this. Come to think of it, I don't remember ever feeling this way about a guy. Of course he has a girlfriend, why wouldn't he? ..Why do I care?

I let out a sight and scratched my head. I couldn't even fake like I was ok. I crossed my arms and put my thumb over my lip. He stepped towards me and put his hand on my arm "I'll pick you up tomorrow, ok?", he said with that sweet smile of his. I simply nodded in response and watched him make his way to the door.

I stared at the door for awhile, even after he shut it.

"I know that look. Someone's in lo-ove." Said Seunghoon in a sing-songy tone. I guess he had been watching me watch him leave.

I blinked a few times, remembering where I was. I chuckled a bit and shook my head. "What are you talking about? Have you ever seen me date guys?" I said in a demeaning tone.

"Ever hear that saying 'love is blind'? It's a popular American saying so I figured you must have heard it before." He said, grabbing the pot of soup.

I furrowed my brows "Is love also stupid because two guys doing it together does not even work." I stated, mindlessly, helping bring the rest of the pots to the table. My head felt really cloudy at that point.

Seunghoon scoffed in disbelief "What are you, twelve? You have a lot to learn, my friend. Be right back." He said, setting the food down before heading into his bedroom.

"Listen, just forget what I said!" I shouted after him. I tried to remind myself that he was my best friend and I loved him. I was really hoping he didn't intend to show me his infamous foreign stash folder. Of course, when he came back out holding his laptop, I knew things were gonna get ugly. "You're gonna give me nightmares, tonight, ain't ya?" I groaned.

"Dude, forget nightmares. You won't be able to sleep." Seunghoon said, shaking his head, knowingly.

"Can we at least eat first?!"

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I hope I'm not boring anyone to death with my dialogue orz. Sometimes I feel like my writing is too dull. Feedback would be nice, you guys. D: Thanks for reading!