Chap 15

My special bodyguard

 

 

 


 


Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months and months turned into a year. It has been a year and 1 month but yet you still couldn't find Joon. 

You spent Christmas alone but you didn't want to spend Christmas alone again.. It was already December. You strolled around the streets and admired the sets of colourful lighting hanging from lamp post to lamp post. It was already Christmas Eve.. While strolling around the streets, something catched your eye. 

It was a beautiful necklace that wrote :'Forever Together'. Without any hesitation, you went intot the shop and bought a pair of the necklace. You wanted to give one to Joon but will you ever meet him again? 

Yeah, you tried calling him but apparently, he had changed his number. You could swore that you've travelled around the whole of Canada but Joon was nowhere to be seen. 

Coincidences don't happen often. You walked back to your apartment that was nearby. Yep, you had bought an apartment in Canada, Calgary. You were told that Joon was in Calgary so you decided to stay there for good. Who knows? Maybe you'll run across him someday.. 

You held onto that thought and bought an apartment. You missed Joon badly. And he missed you badly too. 


As you were walking back, you spotted a man in a black suit walking ahead of you. But the thing that caught your eye about this man was that there was a keychain hanging out from his pocket. 

A special keychain that wasn't modern or silver. It was cookie monster. 


You were stunned and paused for a moment. You rubbed your eyes and walked closer. It really was a cookie monster! 

Can it be..? You thought. 


"Joon.." You called out. 


The man stopped in his tracks as if he was shocked. You walked a few steps closer. 
"Joon.." You called out once more. 

 

Joon's POV- 

 

Her voice was like a melody. That same voice which used to laugh and chat with me a year ago. Was it really her? 

As she called out for me once more, i knew i couldn't do this and started to fasten my pace. 

I could hear her footsteps behind me. 
"Joon! Where do you think you're going?" 

She backhugged me. I looked at her hands. Her hands were the same as those who killed that ferocious tiger. 
I was too shocked to say anything. 

"I'm not going to let you leave me again! Don't try to escape or i'll knock you out and bring you home in a second!" She threatened me. 

I regained my senses and gave a light laugh. I couldn't believe she actually came to find me despite me leaving. 

"How are you always the fast-walker?" I joked. 

I spinned around to face her. She had glassy eyes and faced me with a frown. 
She hugged me tightly under her grasp. It feels nice. 

"Joon.. I've finally found my answer. The answer to why my heart skips a beat everytime i'm with you. The answer to why i'm always happy with you. The answer to why i always think about you. The answer to why i cry even harder than before..." She said. 


I looked down and tilted her chin upwards to face me eye-to-eye. 
"What's the answer?" I gave her a smile and wiped away her tears. 

"I love you." 

I hugged her and whispered into her ear,"I've missed you, Hyerim..." 

 

 

---------- 

 


"Sir, may i ask for your permission to leave Canada?" Joon asked his boss. 


The man raised an eyebrow at Joon and asked,"Why Joon? Haven't i told you to never defy me?" 

"Yes, i know Sir. But this time, its more important than this job. Its more important than my life. Because i love her very much, Sir." Joon pleaded. 

The man stood up and eyed Joon. Joon was feeling nervous. He had never once went against his Master. 

"All because of love? What's love anyway?" 

Joon stared into his Master's eyes for a moment before replying,"Love is.. Its when you can give up everything for one person even if she's undeserving." 


The man smirked at Joon and said,"And you're doing this for that one person?" 

"I've just gotta do what i've gotta do." Joon replied. 

"Alright then, if this is what you want. I'll allow it just because its you. Although, Joon.. This is under one condition that you have to prove to me..." His tone of voice became serious.