Prolouge

Snow White and the 7 + 5 Dwarfs

Chapter 1

“YAH! Slave get me my wine!” your master barked as he was surround by his concubines, you bowed and quickly ran off to the kitchen to receive the wine, even if you were five kilos away.  After you went half way you slowed your pace, “Stupid! Slave get me my wine,” you mocked as you walked along the bridge, skimming your fingers along the rail, “What’s wrong with these people, thinking they can boss me around… okay they can, but,” you ruffled your hair frustrated, which wasn’t that hard since you’re not one of the concubines or even the town folk, who braid their hair neatly or twisted up.  Nope you wore your hair down, letting it flow to the end of your back, and let your bangs hang over your eyes like a curtain.

You walked inside your master’s home and grabbed two bottles of the best wine; you scrunch up your face, Yuck! They call this best wine… it just taste like dirty water, I should know.  You’re scrunched up face changed to a smile when your master’s son came in, “Annyeonghaeseyo, Do Ryeon nim (Young Master),” your bowed.  You stayed in bow position for a few minutes; one of Ju In nim’s (Master) rule is that slaves, maids, etc. are not allowed to stand straight until the ‘masters’ say it’s okay; then you slowly went up, hoping that Do Ryeon nim wasn’t there, but enviably he was.

You pinched your eyes shut as you went back to bowing position; Do Ryeon nim laughed, “Naeun, you don’t have to bow down anymore… I was just waiting how long you’ll realize that.”  Your jaw clenched, ungrateful, little, ugh! I wish I could just… Pabo!

“You can stop cursing me now,” he said as he grabbed onto your shoulders and straighten you himself, “Don’t try to deny it, I know you were.”  You plaster a smile on your face again, but your eyes were giving him death glares, Ignorant, self-centered, thinks everything revolves around you… wait that’s what self-centered is… God, this is making me frustrated.

“Ne, Do Ryeon nim,” you said as you bowed again grabbing for the two bottles of wine, and was about to walk out.  “Naeun, can you let me see your face?”  You stopped to a halt, “Ne?”

“I said,” he walked in front of you and smiled as his face inched closer to yours, “Can I see your face?”

“I’m sorry Do Ryeon nim, but I’m in quite a hurry,” you held up the bottles in front of his face, “I need to bring Ju In nim his wine… they are all waiting.”  Do Ryeon nim nodded and smiled, “It’s ok, maybe another time then,” he patted your head and walked off.  You ran out of the house, Why did I have to be stuck with a weird, playboy, Do Ryeon nim… of course anyone would die to be his servant or slave, they’ll think its heaven, but to me it’s hell.

You finally arrived and Ju In nim was laughing beastly, from one of his concubines jokes; you walked up and opened one of the wine bottles, that’s when he noticed you, “Where were you?!” he asked loudly, making you jump a little.  You turned to him and smiled, “I’m sorry Ju In nim, I’ll be quicker next time.”

“Don’t spat such excuses at me!” but I didn’t make any excuses, “Incompetent Slave!” he held out a hand to slap you, but ‘luckily’ a guard came, “General Han,” at the sound of his name; he looked up and smiled, “Ah! Commander Kim, welcome! Come have a seat!”  He looked back at you as you moved, so Commander Kim, can sit down, “Slave, give him wine!”  You obeyed, cursing the day he was even conceived, although it was long before your time.  Commander Kim nodded at you as you poured him the wine, and then looked back at Ju In nim, waiting till the cup was to his mouth before saying, “The dwarfs have struck again.” That sentence was enough for Ju In nim to spit out all the contents onto his clothes and his concubines, who tried to keep a straight face.  “W-what!”

“The dwarfs…”

“What fiends! What did they do this time?”

“They attacked a nobleman when he was at a geisha’s house,” you saw a smile on Commander Kim’s face; you smirked secretly to yourself as you figured he planned that to happen… Ju In nim looked so funny with his beard all wet.

You then looked away and thought about the dwarfs; you didn’t understand what the purpose the ‘dwarfs’ were attacking, but you at least knew who they were.

The ‘dwarfs’ were masked, fearless, and the most dangerous warriors.  Rumored has it they are not human, but of course you don’t believe in such silly jabber; you believe in the real.  The dwarfs, sounds so, weak, I mean who attacks someone when they’re in the moment of their pleasure… I mean really how dangerous can they be…

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT9sUStebGiWf9OsVC5_swThey sound soo...

“They also killed thirty of our guards,” Commander Kim interrupted your thoughts, “We don’t know when they’ll strike next.”  Commander Kim stood up and so did Ju In nim; everybody lowered their head as they were going to take leave, but for some reason you just stared at them, like you heard something, but not really sure; irritated Ju In nim slapped you in the face and pushed you to the ground, kicking you.  You got annoyed, but you fought the urge to fight back, This isn’t right, even if I am a slave I do not deserve to be pound on… just when you were about to retaliate; Commander Kim went in front of you, “General Han we have no time for this; the King had asked for you… now.”

Ju In nim brushed his bread, while clearing his throat and nodded, walking away; Commander Kim looked into your eyes and you to his, Be careful; this is the only time I think I can actually save you.  He walked away; you blinked, did he just talk to me… no that’s not possible he wasn’t moving his lips… Was I just hearing things?  Ne that must be it I mean what noble would want to protect me?  And to top it off I don’t even know who he is…

“Carry this!” you sat back up straight and looked up only to see one of Ju In nim’s concubines handing you a basket, “And take this!” another barked as she handed you a tray.  “Oh and don’t forget this!” one handed you the blanket in a bundle; you gave them an ugly look, but quickly changed it to a smile, They were like me, slaves, but now their slaves since they sold their body to the devil…

“Hurry up Slave!”  You mimicked her, silently and turned around with a smiled, carrying all the picnic stuff that was too ‘heavy’ and ‘inconvenient’ for them.  “Slave Naeun,” you turned and saw a concubine next to you, looking straight ahead, “I’m going to the village and I want you to come with me.”  You nodded, “It will be my honor, Yeo Ju In nim (Mistress).”  She just needs me to carry her bags and such… oh well, at least she won’t hurt me… would she? But she has her own slave or servant or whatever, why choose me to come?

You arrived at the house and put all the stuff in the right compartment; you turned and Yeo Ju In nim Hwa, was already dressed in her ‘visiting village’ clothes, “Are you ready?”  You bowed a little, “Of course, whenever Yeo Ju In nim’s ready, I’m ready.”  She chuckled a little as she went out the door, motioning you to follow her, at least I get to see the village; I haven’t been there for a while now. 

You were at the village with Yeo Ju In nim Hwa, and she was looking at ribbons, then she turned to you, “Naeun, which one do you like best?” you turned to her and smiled, “Yeo Ju In nim, everyone one of these look best with you, for they are just the frame while your face is the beautiful picture,” get on her good side I could go to the village more often… but what I said wasn’t a lie, everything did work best with her… Wait did she just call me Naeun? Only Do Ryeon nim calls me that and that’s only when we are alone…

“Not for me, but for you,” she placed a ribbon at the side of your face, and you backed away, “Oh, aniyo Yeo Ju In nim Hwa, that is too kind.  I don’t need one.”  Yeo Ju In nim Hwa smile fell a little and nodded, “I see… lets go then.”  She walked away from the market; you let out a breath and followed her.

The rest of the time was her just getting food, which she really didn’t have to do, especially since she didn’t know a chicken from a duck.  You helped her and told her the difference between different vegetables and meats; she took everything in like a child.  “Yeo Ju In nim, you have servants to buy food, why do it yourself?”

“I’m not doing it myself; I’m doing it with you,” Yeo Ju In nim Hwa beamed as she picked up an apple, that you said was very good, “And I just think it will be fun, instead of staying there.”  You looked at her and nodded; she turned and looked into your eyes as you did with her, I can’t take this anymore… not anymore; I don’t want to feel his touch.  This is the only way I can avoid him.  I wish I was hideous, so he would lust for me.  At times I wish I could just die, and not suffer anymore.  I wish I could be like you sometimes I rather take the beatings then…

“Y-yeo Ju In nm; what do you mean?” you tilted your head as she turned and paid the lady, “What are you talking about?  It must have been stuffy there for you too, I just wanted fresh air,” she walked to another spot.  “That’s not…” what the heck? She didn’t move like Commander Kim, but yet I heard them… I don’t understand. Did I eat something weird… again?

You were about to call out to her, but you heard cries and screams; you ran to the screams, leaving Yeo Ju In nim Hwa.  You squeeze through the people crowding about, and made it close to the front, “Please, please I’m sorry! He’s just a child; he doesn’t know any better.”

“You’re the abeoji you should have trained him better,” a kick to the old man’s side.  They continued punching and kicking him, while making the young child watch; it seems he already took some of the beatings.  You caught a glimpse of the little ones swollen eyes, Someone please.  Help us!! Please! Please! We didn’t do anything wrong!!!  You blinked and then caught the abeojis eyes, looking at his son, I’m alright, it’s okay; don’t cry.  Appa’s strong. 

You couldn’t take anymore; you ignored your thoughts of how you are even hearing them; hearing their cries; cries that are making you dizzy from the sound, “STOP!!” you screamed as you pushed further to the front and stomped to the man.  The man laughed and pushed the older down, walking up to you, “Stop what, peasant?” he poked hard on your shoulder, but you stood tall, “Stop your nonsense, hitting, Pabo!” you pushed him… hard and he fell to the ground; you heard people gasp.

Some other men grabbed you from behind and the man quickly got up and hit you in the stomach, “You ty Wrench,” he punched you in the face, and then grabbed your chin roughly to make you face him.  You looked at his eyes, How dare she embarrass me? I was just giving them what they deserve…

Your nostrils flared and you spit in his face, “I didn’t embarrass you, bastard, you embarrassed yourself.”  The man grabbed his belt and pulled at the of the sword, with a swift motion, and stopped centimeters from your neck.  His ‘friends’ to say the least let go of you and walked to the man’s side, “Do you who you’re messing with?”

“The Pabo and the Pabos friends,” you replied bluntly, not indicating fear on your face.  The man flared and shifted his sword across your leg; you felt the intense pain surge through you, but resisted to go on your knees because that’s what he planned for you to do, you laughed slightly, “Weak men use weak tactics, so you’re not just a Pabo, but you’re also weak.”  The man flared again, and his friend was about to slice you with his sword, but the man stopped him, “Don’t kill her… just yet.”  What is he planning to do?  You looked in to his eyes unconsciously, She doesn’t deserve a quick death; she deserves a slow painful death, that will shatter her family’s name, and I’ll make sure I’m the one to kill her.

“Stupid woman!” one of his friends exclaimed as they kicked your wounded leg to the ground, making you kneel down, “You actually think you could go and mess with a Justice Officers son.”  Justice? This is what they call justice, they are pabos.  Isn’t justice to serve the people to know that wrong should be punish; that they should know what’s wrong from the right…

A cut on your arm; you snarled at the pain, “Woman should know their place,” another cut to your other arm, a little deeper than the first.  People are weak… they can only stare and watch and whisper, they do nothing to help.  Even if was their own family, they do nothing…  Where in this world is there justice…

He cut you other leg and sliced your stomach; your vision grew blurry, but you slowly stood up and kicked the man with your semi- good leg, stretching out some of your wounds.  “This !” the man yelled, “I’m tired of this,” his friend swing his sword to your neck; you closed your eyes and waited for the impact, but it didn’t come.  You opened your eyes slightly, only to see someone in front of you, but before you regained your vision everything turned black.  Am I dead…?

 

 

Authors Note:

Annyeong! Wah! This is just a little background of yours, but I hope you guys enjoy it!!! I really like to thank you all for subscribing and upvoting and commenting to this special story.  It not your regular Snow White story so yea…^^ I hope I did some justice, *haha see what I did there*, to the prologue and I hope it gave you the idea, that you didn’t know you had this special ability.  Stay Tuned for more exciting tales… of this exciting tale.  haha

A little treat for all of you wonderful Subbies and readers!!:

20120401_seoulbeats_chachisoo_pororo.gif  WAH! PORORO IS MY APPA TOO HAHAHA!!!!  Is He your appa too??^^