Six

How to Love: Hard to Love

 

Chapter 6

 


“Sehun?”

The said male glances up to see Hanbyul in front of him. She is downright y; her y tight dress that shows her perfect curves didn’t help him at all. Sehun gulps at that tempting image. He his head to the side, avoiding Hanbyul, “Hey.”

“What are you doing here?” Hanbyul asks casually, as if they are normal friends. Sehun lets out a pained chuckle, “I should be asking you that, too.”

“Hmm,” Hanbyul hums as she brings her hair to the left side of her neck, revealing her right side as it is quite hot inside of the elevator. “Just the usual.”

“If you wish to know, me too,” Sehun chimes in. He hopes that Hanbyul will feel offended and think twice about her decision of him. However, Hanbyul is offended but she doesn’t let it show. With a low chuckle, she glances to Sehun, “Ditto.”

Sehun scoffs, is this how she plays the game? “Can I buy you again tonight?”

“My schedule’s packed but if you want, I’ll make time for you,” Hanbyul answers. Whatever Sehun wants, as only she receives the payment. Sehun pins her onto the wall and gazes into her eyes, as if he is exploring her soul. Hanbyul gulps, “You want to do it here?”

“I wish, but I don’t know about you,” Sehun says. Oh, how much he wants to strip her right there and her raw in the elevator. But a part of him stops him, the part that cares for Hanbyul. Sehun sighs; he lets Hanbyul go and walks to the corner of the elevator. “What’s wrong? You look down,” Hanbyul asks.

“I am.”

Hanbyul grows worried, “Why? Did something happen?”

“Let’s just say that I’ve been dumped,” Sehun states carefully, referring to Hanbyul. But the high school girl is too oblivious to interpret the meaning beyond his statement. “Oh, I’m sorry.”

“You should,” Sehun laughs. “I love her, I need her. But she seems like she doesn’t care and dumps me right then like those little trashes she throws after she uses them.”

Hanbyul stays quiet, listening intensely. Sehun sounds sad, and she is worried as a friend. Whoever dumped Sehun is an idiot because he is a nice and a caring guy. He will make a wonderful husband and Hanbyul can see a lovely dad in him. Surely, she isn’t the right one for Sehun and he deserves someone better than herself, but seeing Sehun so broken like this gains Hanbyul’s sympathy. Thus Hanbyul pulls the male into a warm hug to assure that he should cheer up.

“Cheer up, Sehun. You’ll find a better girl,” Hanbyul smiles as she hugs him tightly. Sehun inhales her scent and hugs her back, tears welling up in his eyes. “If you say so,” He mumbles.

“I hope you’ll find a better guy too,” he adds, “And if you fail. Just come to me and I will be more than ready to forgive you for dumping me that night.”

Hanbyul freezes, the elevator ‘ping!’ stops them from hugging and Sehun walks away with a sad smile. Hanbyul didn’t exit the elevator; she just stands there, recalling Sehun’s words earlier.

So, she is the idiot who dumped the poor boy after all. Despite the guilt, Hanbyul tries hard not to chase after Sehun and goes straight back to home.

“I did it!”

Sehun flops his body onto Kyungsoo’s bed as the older watches him, then resumes back reading. His grandfather is out today and Kyungsoo thought he is going to have peace alone by himself at home until Sehun comes and disturbs him. Kyungsoo just lets the younger come in because the eye bags below Sehun’s eyes manage to pull some pity inside Kyungsoo from him.

“I’m glad you did so,” Kyungsoo laments, despite the fact he doesn’t even know what Sehun did. “I should look for another woman,” Sehun chirps. Sometimes Kyungsoo worry for the young Oh Sehun because he has problems. The younger has mood issues where his mood will change before you can say ‘tissue’. This has happened a lot of times already and Kyungsoo just ignores the younger and lend him a caring ear. The sequence is Sehun got dumped, Sehun revives from heartbreak, and Sehun looks for another girl.

Kyungsoo knows that Sehun doesn’t sincerely love the girls he is with and Kyungsoo wonders how Sehun does it. How can Sehun make girls sleep with him and dump them right after. Kyungsoo is a ; he has never had before. For someone who has no experience in dating, Kyungsoo deserves the worst grade of all.

He doesn’t know how to kiss or make love. Kyungsoo thinks again how he can love someone in the future.

“I’m just going to sleep here and hunt for girls later on,” Sehun yawns and falls into slumber. Kyungsoo frowns at him. Suddenly, he receives a text on his smart phone.

Kyungsoo, are you free tonight? Want to hang out? – Hanbyul

Kyungsoo’s body stiffens at the text. Did Hanbyul just asked him out? Kyungsoo is confused. Anyways, he accepts the offer after hesitating with trembling hands.

A girl just asked him out. Kyungsoo thinks that he has achieved his first A in love.

“Hey there!” Hanbyul runs to Kyungsoo. This time she is different because she isn’t wearing her school uniform. Kyungsoo returns her a smile, “Where are we going?”

“Well, I’m quite stressed so I was thinking of having a drink with you,” Hanbyul winks. Kyungsoo widens his eyes at her, “A drink?” Hanbyul nods, “You don’t know? Alcohol…” Hanbyul made a drinking gesture, and Kyungsoo questions that why does she think of drinking. He remembers that she is a high school girl and what Kyungsoo understands about high school students is they are minors for drinking.

“Don’t tell me, you haven’t drunk before?!” Hanbyul gasps. Kyungsoo blushes, it is too embarrassing to hear this from a younger girl that he likes. “You…drink?” Kyungsoo asks. Hanbyul nods confidently, approving the statement.

“Aren’t you underage?” Kyungsoo questions again, earning a laugh from Hanbyul. She slap Kyungsoo’s arms as she laughs, “Of course! That’s why I have my fake ID.”

“Isn’t that wrong?”

“Come on, stop babbling and let’s relief some stress!”

 

After some convincing, Hanbyul successfully drags Kyungsoo to the nearest street bar (pojangmacha) and takes a seat at an unoccupied table. Kyungsoo gulps, he is nuts. He has never drunken any alcohol for those 20 years of his life and here he is now, with a minor gulping down some booze to relieve stress.

“Ahjumma! Two bottles of soju here please!” Hanbyul shouts and Kyungsoo flinches at the tone. “Come on, loose up a little bit. Why is your face so pale?” Hanbyul saves in a laugh. Kyungsoo gulps, “Uh, I’ve never drink this before.”

Their order finally comes and Hanbyul pours each of them a glass, “Once you try, you will know.” She gives a glass to Kyungsoo and holds hers up, “Cheers!” She tips their glasses together and gulps down the drink until the last drop. Kyungsoo stares at the weird substance for a while and then back at Hanbyul who is now pouring another glass.

“Come on! I must warn you, I’m a strong drinker,” Hanbyul winks. Kyungsoo inhales deeply, and eventually drinks the whole thing down. “That’s right!” Hanbyul claps giddily. Kyungsoo smiles, it doesn’t taste half bad at all. He pours another again and gulps everything down.

“Wow, our Kyungsoo is attached to drinking right now,” Hanbyul compliments. Kyungsoo laughs, “This is quite fun.”

“Let’s see who gets drunk first.”

 

Kyungsoo has drunken his second bottle already and he is still upset at his failure of becoming drunk. He glances at Hanbyul to see the girl who has taken 5 glasses only, is already glowing as red as a stoplight. Hanbyul hiccups between her mumbles and shots Kyungsoo a glare. “You’re strong,” she snaps, pointing a finger at him. Kyungsoo flinches; a drunken Hanbyul is quite dangerous.

“I told you drinking is fun,” Hanbyul says sloppily, “It will take all your worries away!”

But unfortunately, it didn’t work on Kyungsoo. Soju tastes like orange juice to him and it doesn’t affect him at all. “Are you drunk, Hanbyul?”

“No!” Hanbyul snaps once more, taking in another glass. “Ahjumma! More booze!”

“No, we’re fine,” Kyungsoo smiles shyly at the old lady. There are already 6 empty bottles on their table and Kyungsoo doesn’t think Hanbyul can handle any more. “Are you okay, Hanbyul? Do you want to go home?” Kyungsoo asks, shaking her lightly. Hanbyul glares at him, “No, I’m not okay!”

Kyungsoo decides to just stay quiet. Hanbyul seems like she has a lot on her mind and Kyungsoo is worried about her. Hanbyul hiccups before saying, “I’m not okay because of my life! I can’t love anyone! I just dump every guy who confesses to me and move on, forever like this! What did I do to deserve this? Why can’t I love?”

Ouch, Kyungsoo winces. That must’ve hurt for a high school girl. “Hanbyul, let’s go home,” he says warily but Hanbyul refuses, “No! This is better than home. If I go, father will force me to sell my body again and it will continue on forever.”

Sell her body. Now Kyungsoo understands. He now understands why Hanbyul wanted to kiss him on the first day they’ve met each other. Because she expects him to bang her and pay her afterwards. But she doesn’t sound like she wants it, though. Kyungsoo feels like he knows Hanbyul. The Hanbyul he knows is a charming and friendly girl. Not the one she had blurts out earlier.

“I’m hopeless, Kyungsoo,” it’s a sob. “My father hates me and I have no motive to live. I want to die, kill me now. Kyungsoo, kill me.”

Kyungsoo is shocked, Hanbyul has lost her mind. “Let’s go, Hanbyul…”

“KYUNGSOO, I WANT YOU TO KILL ME!” Hanbyul shouts at him and the people around them shot the two strange looks. Kyungsoo can see how much pain Hanbyul went through and he just wants to do something that will cheer her up. Hanbyul is still sobbing and drunk. Kyungsoo lifts her up and carries her on his back to somewhere peaceful.

“I don’t want to go home,” Hanbyul sobs, “I want to die.”

“We won’t,” Kyungsoo assures.

The night is still young and he doesn’t care about what his grandfather will say if he doesn’t return home tonight. Kyungsoo can just lie and the old man will let him go. Right now, what’s important to him is Hanbyul.


Please leave a comment and subscribe if you liked this chapter! Thank you again for reading! =]