Thirteen

How to Love: Hard to Love

 

Chapter 13

 


“Let’s break up.”

Kyungsoo is silent, he had not expected this. Sure he has read about couple breaking up but he never had a thought about breaking up with Hanbyul. When he confesses, he thought they will last forever but now is the moment that most couples are afraid of. But Hanbyul seems insincere about her words.

“Hanbyul, don’t do this. I know you’re stressed and everything but give us a chance, won’t you?” Kyungsoo pleads; he really doesn’t want to lose Hanbyul after all these times fighting to get her. Hanbyul shakes her head, “As much as I don’t want to leave you, Soo, but I must.”

“Hanbyul.”

“I don’t deserve you,” Hanbyul sobs more, “and neither do you. You deserve a better girl out there who can give you a better life.”

“You’re good enough, Hanbyul. To me, you’re perfect.”

Hanbyul pushes Kyungsoo away lightly and caresses his cheek then her fingers brushes through his full lips. She’s going to miss this and his love. Kyungsoo is the best boyfriend she has ever had because she feels great of herself when she’s with him. His love for her is sincere and infinite and she knows that. However, as much as Hanbyul wants him, but he should shower the love to someone else who truly deserves him.

“I’m sorry, Kyungsoo.”

With that, Hanbyul left the university student with a broken heart.

The airplane from China lands at Incheon International Airport safely.

The Chinese man walks out of the plane and switches his phone as he has landed. Adjusting his shades, he walks further to the airport for his luggage. Afterwards, he is greeted by a man in a suit, probably his family’s chauffeur.

“Young Master, welcome home. Mr. Son has sent me to pick you up.”

Luhan takes off his shades and flashes him a sweet smile, “Thank you very much.”

“Would you like some help with your luggage, Young Master?”

Luhan grabs his luggage himself with every ounce of energy he has left on his body, “No thanks. I’m cool. Please open the bonnet for me.”

The chauffeur grins, the same old Luhan never changes. “Yes, Young Master.”

When he is done with his own luggage, Luhan takes a seat at the backseat of the car. He feels the glossy leather skin and makes himself comfortable. “Where’s dad?”

“Master is in a meeting, he will arrange a dinner with you later on.”

“How about Hanbyul?” Luhan asks, he will never forget his little step sister. They met each other before but they are not that close to each other. Luhan barely knows her but he knows what she looks like since he has seen Hanbyul through pictures. The chauffeur starts the ignition and drives away before answering him.

“In the hospital, Young Master.”

Hanbyul observes Sehun carefully beside him. He still hasn’t awake.

She trails her fingers around his arm and clasps their hands together. It felt warm. Hanbyul feels sorry for Sehun that he has to go through something like this. She still hasn’t forgiven herself for breaking his heart.

Sleeping Sehun is like Sleeping Beauty. He looks so peaceful in his inactive mode. His chest moves up and down as he breathes lightly with the help of the oxygen mask. Hanbyul recalls the nights she spent with Sehun and she can confirm that he is great also.

But Hanbyul is fighting between the facts whether his love to her is real or not. Sehun may be in love with Hanbyul just for her body, because he always asks for this when he sees her. Maybe Sehun loves her because he needs her. Hanbyul’s thoughts are tangled up in her mind so she sits down and buries her face in her folded arms.

“Hey there, sis.” A soft voice greeted from behind. At first, Hanbyul thought it was Sehun but apparently, it was Luhan. She is surprised to see her stepbrother here with her right now.

“Luhan, when did you arrive?” Hanbyul asks the first thing she sees him. Luhan chuckles, “A while ago.”

“Did you go home?” Hanbyul gets up and walks over to Luhan. “I came here to see you and you’re just going to shoo me away?” Luhan smirks playfully.

“That’s not what I meant…” Hanbyul hangs her head, murmuring. Luhan takes the chance to examine his own little sister. She has grown up so much that her height falls on his chin right now. Hanbyul has grown up into a big and strong girl, Luhan can see that. But the sad look on her face bothers him. “What’s wrong, Hanbyul?”

“I…nothing.”

“Don’t lie,” Luhan folds his arms on his chest. “I know there’s something up. Is this about him?” He peers over to Sehun who is sleeping peacefully on the hospital bed.

“A part of it, yes,” Hanbyul answers. “What happened to him?” Luhan asks; he may don’t know what’s going on but Sehun looks pretty painful. “Long story,” Hanbyul mutters, “Pretty sure it’s connected to me.”

“Well, cheer up,” Luhan pats his stepsister’s head. “He’s going to be fine.”

Hanbyul is about to say something until she receives a phone call and excuses herself to go outside, leaving Luhan alone. He struts closer to Sehun and examines him. He looks familiar, he notes. Suddenly, Luhan notices Sehun’s eyes opening slowly and carefully.

Luhan is shocked, this patient is awakened from his coma and he is the first one to find out about it. Sehun blinks at the Chinese man weakly and mutters something.

“Luhan hyung?”

Hanbyul steps are heavy as she walks along the sidewalk, still traumatized by what her dad told her on the phone earlier.

Luhan has arrived and I’m going to make this short. The papers are done and I want you to sign it so you can leave this family in peace. Understood?

Hanbyul sits on the bus stop with a heavy sigh, she bites her lower lip as she is about to cry. Her eyes are in pain because she cried a lot recently and to top all her misery, Hanbyul has no shoulder to lean on. If she had Kyungsoo, he will hear her out and comfort her then maybe she can feel a lot better thanks to him.

It is raining; Hanbyul forgets to bring an umbrella again. She gets up and looks around for a taxi, but there are none at the moment. The high school girl ponders of how she can return home later on. She almost forgot about Sehun and Luhan in the hospital.

It’s official, she’s a mess.

Hanbyul cries harder until she feels the droplets of the rain stop colliding with her. She turns around to see a doe eyed boy smiling assuring at her. “You’re wet,” he says, voice vibrating obviously cold from the rain. Hanbyul feels like its déjà vu; like she has gone back to time.

“My name is Do Kyungsoo,” he beams, there is sadness beyond his gaze, “I go to S.M. University.”

“Kyungsoo…” Hanbyul breathes.

“… and I’m here to save you from your misery.”

The doe eyed boy grabs her wrist and takes her away to a familiar place. And Hanbyul is happy to know where it is.


Please lave a comment and subscribe if you liked this chapter! Thank you again for reading =]

A/N: This story is going to finish soon ;_; maybe about 2-3 chapters left. But I will promise a hot epilogue awaiting for you all! Thank you new readers and subbies! and p/s: I'm preparing for a new OT12 EXO crack, so please look forward! ^_^